• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2019 1:26 pm
[OP]
Oct 17, 2007
95 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto

[Home Depot] Cana-Vac Central Vacuum Package $499 Online Exclusive

If you're in the market for a central vacuum, Home Depot has a package for $499; online exclusive. The accessories included are intended for floors and area rugs, if you have lots of carpets at home, you might need to get a better brush.
I couldn't find this model (# CVP140E) on the Cana-Vac website, so I called the customer service at the company to inquire. I was told this unit is comparable to their Signature series LS 750 (see: http://canavac.com/signature-series/). The only difference is the one sold at Home Depot uses a better Ametek tangential by-pass motor instead of an already very good Ametek tangential by-pass motor Cana-Vac uses in the Signature Series. Of course I don't remember the actual model number of the said Ametek motors but the rep. did mention the motor in the Home Depot model should technically last longer and run more efficiently than the one Cana-Vac uses in their Signature Series models because certain part is straight and not bent. She said Cana-Vac is going to start a new line up of vacuums that will use the better motor.
Give them a call to get the details as I have the memory span of a goldfish.
22 replies
Dec 18, 2012
21 posts
7 upvotes
Milton
Does it have a motorized head? Didn't see mentioned in the kit that's included. If it does, it indeed is a very good deal. I've had the lighter 3000 sq ft model for 8 yrs with absolutely no problem.
[OP]
Oct 17, 2007
95 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
giguot2 wrote:
Aug 30th, 2019 3:28 pm
Does it have a motorized head? Didn't see mentioned in the kit that's included. If it does, it indeed is a very good deal. I've had the lighter 3000 sq ft model for 8 yrs with absolutely no problem.
I am not sure which motorized head you're talking about. I haven't received my order yet but it does mention on the Home Depot page it comes with an "electric brush". I highly doubt it's the LS Performance Pack accessories from Cana-Vac. Likely just the LS Power Essentials Pack.
Dec 18, 2012
21 posts
7 upvotes
Milton
Yes, I meant the electric brush sometimes referred to as head. Very good value indeed and very dependable.
Nov 1, 2012
214 posts
160 upvotes
Markham
Thanks OP! Been on the market for a new CV. Costco has the Nutone 700 with accessory pack on sale as well but this Canavac is superior. The accessory kit on the Nutone is larger but from reviews the fit and quality have taken a hit from years past.

To answer gigiot2's question, yes it does come with the carpet attachment. Number 3 on the accessory list.

Your cleaning accessories includes: (1) a straight air telescopic wand which allows you to adjust your cleaning reach (2) an electric telescopic wand which allows you to adjust your cleaning reach with your electric brush (3) an electric brush with headlight which allows one to vacuum in poorly lighted areas (4) a clip-on-tool-caddy for tool storage (5) a 12 Inch floor brush for cleaning of hard surface (6) upholstery and dusting brushes for delicate cleaning (7) a crevice tool for the hard to reach spot (8) a hose rack to store your 30 ft. crush-proof hose and (9) a wand holder that you can fasten to the wall to store your air wand and accessories after cleaning!

UPDATE: Also to correct OP. The correct model that this equivalent to would be the LS 650 as it has a 5.7" Tangential Motor. The motor size on the LS750 is larger. Competitors have the same system priced at $799 (on sale).
Apr 21, 2008
312 posts
90 upvotes
illest23 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2019 11:14 am
Whats the difference between what OP posted and this 600watt CV https://www.homedepot.ca/product/canava ... 6?rec=true for $429?
The $429 is the ETHOS series - http://canavac.com/ethos-series/ - which uses less-efficient Thru-flow motor compared to the SIGNATURE series - http://canavac.com/signature-series/ - which uses Tangential Bypass motor - http://canavac.com/central-vacuum-motors/
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
8455 posts
2210 upvotes
This one is going on sale at Costco for $589 in the next week or so, can't remember the exact dates, but it was in the Costco Connection magazine that came out recently.
https://www.costco.ca/Husky-Storm-Centr ... 10168.html
Ask me about the AMEX Air Miles Reserve Credit Card. A much better way to redeem your Dream Air Miles.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2004
1705 posts
231 upvotes
Edmonton
easy install yourself or need to pay someone to do it?
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1357 posts
292 upvotes
5abi wrote:
Sep 4th, 2019 2:22 pm
easy install yourself or need to pay someone to do it?
if the piping is already done, than it should be a simple dismount the original and install this one..
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2003
1466 posts
29 upvotes
So I've been watching out for the Costco sale on their Husky's for a few months now, and saw this week that the Nutone is on sale instead. I did a bit more research and found that the Canavac Tangential motors are more powerful than the flow through bypass on most other brands and models - Canavac only includes these on the Signature line which is more expensive.

Now, between the Husky Storm and this HD Canavac deal, I'm leaning towards the HD deal... The only thing holding me back is the Costco warranty. Never owned a CV, but it looks like Husky, although well reviewed, doesn't always work well for people.

Any pros that can help me/us decide? House is just under 3000sq ft, mostly hardwood and tile, with carpet only in the bedrooms. We also have a baby that makes a hell of a mess in the living dining....
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
6888 posts
6035 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Wow, that’s a superb deal! Great motor, great powerhead.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
8744 posts
5034 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
I have a Canavac 399-LS (discontinued) and it's really good. Powerful and no problem with suction.

I would stick with the Canavac because of the motor but also because they're Canadian, Made In Canada.

I guess Husky is Made in Canada too. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!