Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Canadian Appliances Still Has Boxing Day Prices - Home Depot Does Not. Price Match Chance Ends January 10.

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2019 9:54 am
[OP]
Aug 20, 2018
13 posts
14 upvotes

[Home Depot] Canadian Appliances Still Has Boxing Day Prices - Home Depot Does Not. Price Match Chance Ends January 10.

Writing this from a cold Home Depot parking lot in case it helps someone.

Basically, Home Depot ended their sale today, and Canadian Appliances still runs theirs until tonight.

I needed a washer and dryer, and they matched and took 10 off.

Hopefully it will help someone, but I’m guessing this will disappear tonight.
Last edited by Wesleyat on Jan 10th, 2019 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8 replies
Jan 4, 2006
125 posts
121 upvotes
Vaughan
Good find. Please update date in title to January 10.
Koodo $48 6GB plan, Rogers 3rd Cell phone line (after 2nd line as wireless home phone) cost me only $40 with free iPhone 6s and $200 Costco card, WOW!
[OP]
Aug 20, 2018
13 posts
14 upvotes
Haha thanks for the note! I knew I’d miss something!! Updated now.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1417 posts
1035 upvotes
Toronto
I also noticed that this morning. I have been keeping track of prices for a while now and it's funny how Canadian appliance and Home Depot had identical prices up until now. Also I have feeling they work together on pricing. Twice I inquired about price matching at Home depot and right away Canadian appliance store adjusted their price. This morning Canadian appliance store had a washer cheaper by $4 and now it's identical to Home depot.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
1091 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
Is HD price match 10% of the difference?
Sep 23, 2006
447 posts
470 upvotes
wrigley wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 11:03 pm
No, It's price match -10% off
Jan 31, 2011
711 posts
278 upvotes
Toronto
FoMoHotDeals wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 10:07 pm
I also noticed that this morning. I have been keeping track of prices for a while now and it's funny how Canadian appliance and Home Depot had identical prices up until now. Also I have feeling they work together on pricing. Twice I inquired about price matching at Home depot and right away Canadian appliance store adjusted their price. This morning Canadian appliance store had a washer cheaper by $4 and now it's identical to Home depot.
I was in the market for washer/dryer too and noticed that almost every big box chain stores had the same price on all major brand models. In the end I had to leverage those in-store finance/credit card sign-up for 10% off first purchase (e.g. HD/Rona/Lowes/TheBay) and the bonus Airmiles to leverage on little discount. And if you don't mind the potential risk or hassle in case of dealing with returns/exchange, you may try Teletimes who offers better call-in price but they will threaten the quoted price valid for that day only.

By the way, The Bay is also still showing boxing day price as of now.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1417 posts
1035 upvotes
Toronto
wrigley wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 11:03 pm
It's price match and you get 10% off on top of that. If you find cheaper price don't inquire, just go in person and try to get the deal before they change their price or alert their competitor. I swear something is up with these appliance stores.
[OP]
Aug 20, 2018
13 posts
14 upvotes
Yeah it’s better to actually go in and get the adjustment right away, or there is a chance that the price might get updated before you get the discount.