Hot Deals

Home Depot

Chamberlain 3/4hp belt drive garage door opener - $305 (pm with Lowe's or Rona)

[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2552 posts
2542 upvotes
Ottawa

[Home Depot] Chamberlain 3/4hp belt drive garage door opener - $305 (pm with Lowe's or Rona)

Lowe's and Rona has this garage door opener for $339 and Home Depot has it at $359. Price match it for an additional 10% off to bring the price down to $305. Good deal for a 3/4hp quiet opener with a built in back up battery.

https://www.lowes.ca/product/garage-doo ... bu-4357002

https://www.rona.ca/en/product/chamberl ... c-07645060
25 replies
May 24, 2013
757 posts
215 upvotes
Good for double car garages? The info says 7 foot but I think that's referring to height.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2005
2473 posts
622 upvotes
theBasher91 wrote: Good for double car garages? The info says 7 foot but I think that's referring to height.
For double, I suggest 1/2. not unless your door is made of aluminum.
King of the farm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2552 posts
2542 upvotes
Ottawa
theBasher91 wrote: Good for double car garages? The info says 7 foot but I think that's referring to height.
Pretty sure 7ft is in reference to the height, not width.
And by double, I assume you mean a double as in a single door double in which case, yes. I've been using a 1/2hp on on a double car garage door. 3/4hp might be a bit overkill, but it'll put less strain on the motor which hopefully mean it's more quiet too.
Nov 20, 2014
238 posts
72 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Still holding on for a 1/2 HP motor as 3/4 is too much for a single car garage door. Will also need to buy the extension of you have a newer 8 ft door so this will end up around 400 dollars before installation.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
3756 posts
1376 upvotes
Aren't most garage doors standard 8 feet?
Jun 3, 2004
930 posts
861 upvotes
Gosh I hate these new models with integrated LED lighting. What will you do when it burns out? 🤬

Not to mention it's muuuchhh dimmer than 2x100w bulbs
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2569 posts
1053 upvotes
GTA
Rooster wrote: For double, I suggest 1/2. not unless your door is made of aluminum.
3/4 is bigger than 1/2…
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
2205 posts
2703 upvotes
West GTA
I have this 3/4hp one (more or less), and I have a double garage door (uninsulated, standard height, 'standard'). Installed it myself, not that hard, takes an afternoon for someone like me who isn't a DIY expert. Works fine. I got a chain model, it's honestly fairly quiet and we can't hear it much - if you want to get it even quieter (say a bedroom on top of the garage) then get a belt, it's very quiet, and clean then lubricate the wheels and hinges with a dry lubricant or a low-temp silicone grease designed for garage doors. Makes a big difference.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
6709 posts
7033 upvotes
Vancouver
rinse wrote: Aren't most garage doors standard 8 feet?
Most older doors are standard 7' height, and that's the standard kit that most garage door openers come with. For 8' and taller doors you need to buy an additional extension kit that adds a longer chain/belt and rail extension, but only if you don't have an existing chain/belt and rail already in place that you could re-use.

My double wooden segmented door originally came with a 1/3 hp opener. When it had an electronic failure after decades of use, I replaced it with a 1/2 hp model.
Nov 17, 2020
156 posts
108 upvotes
fullserve wrote: B4613 vs B4603 at costco for $15 difference? Any advise?
costco-chamberlain-b4603tc-garage-door- ... #p35771127
I can see only battery Backup based on Specs listed below links
B4603 vs B4613
May be someone can share their feedback. As I am looking for one machine to install for a Single Car Garage door (Pretty small one). It really helps me.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2019
1649 posts
2069 upvotes
toxicheadshot wrote: I can see only battery Backup based on Specs listed below links
B4603 vs B4613
May be someone can share their feedback. As I am looking for one machine to install for a Single Car Garage door (Pretty small one). It really helps me.
i have 4603 installed on a single car garage, it works fine. not sure what info/feedback ur looking for. the only thing i dont like about it is when u close the door with ur phone, it beeps in warning, and it beeps for SO friggin long, like a good 5-10 seconds, and its loud too. i feel like its not really necessary, if theres someone in there, they can just go to the door and block the sensor with their feet, or even if they dont have time for that, theres a wall mounted remote to open the door, or worst case scenario, theres no power, u can just open it by hand. like why is this warning necessary? but even if it is, i think 2-3 beeps that last maybe 1-2 seconds is more than enough.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
6709 posts
7033 upvotes
Vancouver
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: i have 4603 installed on a single car garage, it works fine. not sure what info/feedback ur looking for. the only thing i dont like about it is when u close the door with ur phone, it beeps in warning, and it beeps for SO friggin long, like a good 5-10 seconds, and its loud too. i feel like its not really necessary, if theres someone in there, they can just go to the door and block the sensor with their feet, or even if they dont have time for that, theres a wall mounted remote to open the door, or worst case scenario, theres no power, u can just open it by hand. like why is this warning necessary? but even if it is, i think 2-3 beeps that last maybe 1-2 seconds is more than enough.
It's a safety thing, giving plenty of warning in case you are opening or closing the garage door with an internet command from a remote location and can't see what's going on.

If you really hate it, you can use SimpleCommands MyQ support to send open/close commands with no warning from their app or a Google/Alexa routine. I would have thought the warning was a mandatory thing built into the remote API, but apparently not.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2019
1649 posts
2069 upvotes
Scote64 wrote: It's a safety thing, giving plenty of warning in case you are opening or closing the garage door with an internet command from a remote location and can't see what's going on.

If you really hate it, you can use SimpleCommands MyQ support to send open/close commands with no warning from their app or a Google/Alexa routine. I would have thought the warning was a mandatory thing built into the remote API, but apparently not.
right, i thought about that scenario, but even then, whos it hurting? what difference does it make? if anybody is right under the doors, the sensors will prevent it from closing, and anybody inside can just open it by other means. and if its a child trapped inside, well, whoever their parents are, they should thank you because this serves as a warning for their negligence, so hopefully they learn their lesson and dont let more serious things happen to their kids in the future. and if its ur own kid, well, u deserve it.
Nov 17, 2020
156 posts
108 upvotes
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: i have 4603 installed on a single car garage, it works fine. not sure what info/feedback ur looking for. the only thing i dont like about it is when u close the door with ur phone, it beeps in warning, and it beeps for SO friggin long, like a good 5-10 seconds, and its loud too. i feel like its not really necessary, if theres someone in there, they can just go to the door and block the sensor with their feet, or even if they dont have time for that, theres a wall mounted remote to open the door, or worst case scenario, theres no power, u can just open it by hand. like why is this warning necessary? but even if it is, i think 2-3 beeps that last maybe 1-2 seconds is more than enough.
Thank you! That helps Thumbs Up Sign