[OP]
Oct 17, 2011
50 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto

[Home Depot] Chamberlain Wall-Mount Ultra Quiet Garage Door Opener $450

Regular price at Home Depot is $599.
CT selling for $499.
PMed Home Depot via chat plus add’l 10% off, got this unit for $450.

Couple of units still available at CT for PM purposes.
CD0CA72D-596C-4536-AE99-4B2358E08824.jpeg
Last edited by TomRFD on Dec 18th, 2020 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
13 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1997 posts
1225 upvotes
Kitchener
Good deal, got one from Costco a few years back for the same price. So much better then the standard belt (have this for the other door) and chain drive openers in my opinion. Would love to get this for the other garage door... Just not in the budget right now.

Edit: just make sure you read the space and alignment requirements. They are very important to installing this correctly.
Nov 16, 2003
78 posts
15 upvotes
Thanks I just priced match at Home Depot for 450
Dec 3, 2003
302 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks,

Solid price, I've been watching for one for my shed.

For those on the fence...I wouldn't use a side mount if I had the clearance for a belt drive unit. My side mounts haven't proven as reliable as the belt drive.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1289 posts
541 upvotes
JMWarren wrote: Thanks,

Solid price, I've been watching for one for my shed.

For those on the fence...I wouldn't use a side mount if I had the clearance for a belt drive unit. My side mounts haven't proven as reliable as the belt drive.
What usually breaks? I read there's a gear that's plastic and prone to breaking
Jan 15, 2017
213 posts
168 upvotes
ditachan wrote: What usually breaks? I read there's a gear that's plastic and prone to breaking
pretty sure that they all use craptastic plastic gears regardless of mounting type
Mar 3, 2013
41 posts
3 upvotes
Windsor
Hello

How to get 450$ price? Do I have to go in home depot to price match and asking for 10% off?
thank you
Jan 3, 2008
976 posts
267 upvotes
W.GTA
Main drive gear is metal, the rest is plastic but reliable.
Koodo/Public Mobile
Jan 11, 2012
310 posts
175 upvotes
PORT ALBERNI
PSA - If you're wearing out gears in any type of Chamberlain /Liftmaster opener then one of two things is wrong.
1. The overhead door is not set up properly. Overhead doors should be balanced to not go up like a rocket when manually opened nor come down like a ton of bricks when being closed manually. If raised to 1/2 open it should stay there and not move. Not every garage door has been installed by a professional (or someone who knows /cares to do the job properly). More common than you would think.
2. The opener is not sized properly for the job (horsepower). Years ago they (most opener brands) made 1/3 Hp openers that really weren't sufficient to open anything more than a single car un insulated steel door. They somehow got installed onto lots of larger doors leading to premature failure. In today's world most openers are 1/2 Hp and up with 3/4 Hp now becoming commonplace. 1/2 Hp is more than sufficient to open most regular garage doors up to 16' wide X 8' high (insulated steel). These are all more than adequate to open the door for a decade without breaking down as long as: a) The door is installed correctly as per the above. b) Both the door and opener have been maintained correctly (lubricant where required) Speaking specifically about the Chamberlain brand in this instance. If you are wearing out parts this is not normal and is a sign that you need to find out /fix that issue before you condemn the opener as being the problem. Lastly - if you are opening the door a hundred times a day then you really need a commercial opener that is designed for this application (opened multiple times per hour), be prepared to pay for these types of openers.
Speaking from someone who is in the business.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2012
1414 posts
476 upvotes
Winnipeg
dablackgoku1234 wrote: HD denied price match. It’s OOS at crappy tire
i even tried the other day, HD Supervisor mentioned, since CT has couple of units in stock and can't be added online, appears to be low in stock thus can't be price matched...what a BS story...after reading someone mentioned it is plastic, i didn't care much to reach out to someone else...