Chamberlain Wall-Mounted Ultra-Quiet Garage Door Opener RJ020C $449

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2022 5:02 pm
[OP]
Feb 20, 2017
116 posts
96 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario

[Home Depot] Chamberlain Wall-Mounted Ultra-Quiet Garage Door Opener RJ020C $449

Bought the product this morning after seeing Lowe's drop the price by $100. Note that this does not come with a wireless keypad and only comes with 1 remote.

https://www.lowes.ca/product/garage-doo ... ner-831041

MSRP: $599
Special Price : $499
Special price is in effect till Aug 11th.

I price matched at Homedepot and got an additional 10% discount.

Final price : $507 (inc taxes)

I am based on the outskirts of the center of the universe.

Receipt attached for your perusal.

Be nice. I do not post often.

Thanks!
Images
  • Home Depot Receipt.jpg
Thread Summary
Not sure what to look for? Check out RFD Reviews' roundup of the best garage door openers!
24 replies
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
18006 posts
12712 upvotes
Markham
Good to watch video b4 you buy as there are a lot of MUST HAVE THIS before install.

We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5301 posts
4293 upvotes
I was quoted $3400 for opener like this except it's the 8500w model with 2 remotes, double door garage with windows, and install.

Is the price fair or I am being ripped?
Aug 19, 2019
300 posts
436 upvotes
WL1980 wrote: I was quoted $3400 for opener like this except it's the 8500w model with 2 remotes, double door garage with windows, and install.

Is the price fair or I am being ripped?
lol..3400$ ...I bought the Chamberlain B750C - everything including installation for 400$. Not sure how big your garage door is or if its multiple doors. Either way 3400$ seems incredibly high.

Below is the link for the model i have - https://www.chamberlain.com/ca/ultra-qu ... ad/p/B750C

Edit: I shud mention I went on Kijiji and looked for garage door installments. I got a brand new unit with warranty inlcuded. I am also in the GTA if that matters to you.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5301 posts
4293 upvotes
User11223344 wrote: lol..3400$ ...I bought the Chamberlain B750C - everything including installation for 400$. Not sure how big your garage door is or if its multiple doors. Either way 3400$ seems incredibly high.

Below is the link for the model i have - https://www.chamberlain.com/ca/ultra-qu ... ad/p/B750C

Edit: I shud mention I went on Kijiji and looked for garage door installments. I got a brand new unit with warranty inlcuded. I am also in the GTA if that matters to you.
It's not just for the opener. It includes removing and disposing of old garage door, install new tracks + door + opener, and the cost of the door and opener.
Dec 1, 2020
181 posts
116 upvotes
WL1980 wrote: It's not just for the opener. It includes removing and disposing of old garage door, install new tracks + door + opener, and the cost of the door and opener.
Yeah sounds about right
Aug 19, 2019
300 posts
436 upvotes
WL1980 wrote: It's not just for the opener. It includes removing and disposing of old garage door, install new tracks + door + opener, and the cost of the door and opener.
That makes sense. Sorry I misread your comment earlier.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
1080 posts
188 upvotes
This is good for those need more space above your vehicle ... but might not be for everyone ... There might be a "catch" on such product. Most of the garage cross bar shaft is not solid instead it is a metal pipe.
Often the thickness of this pipe may not be sufficient to sustain the "grip" (by 4 nuts) - for extended long time like months or years.
To avoid seeing this thing fail (slip) you might want to drill a through hole on the crossbar pipe but it may reduce the strength, or avoid this model so you do not need to install additional lamp etc.
Dec 1, 2005
791 posts
198 upvotes
Calgary
dkq wrote: Often the thickness of this pipe may not be sufficient to sustain the "grip" (by 4 nuts) - for extended long time like months or years.
To avoid seeing this thing fail (slip) you might want to drill a through hole on the crossbar pipe but it may reduce the strength, or avoid this model so you do not need to install additional lamp etc.
If you have a torsion spring on your garage door (most modern systems), it's held by 2-4 bolts. That's a pretty good indicator of whether the torsion tube will work for you.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
19456 posts
22576 upvotes
GTA
dkq wrote: This is good for those need more space above your vehicle ... but might not be for everyone ... There might be a "catch" on such product. Most of the garage cross bar shaft is not solid instead it is a metal pipe.
Often the thickness of this pipe may not be sufficient to sustain the "grip" (by 4 nuts) - for extended long time like months or years.
The weight of your door is held by the springs, opener just moves it, like you would with your hands when manually disconnected.
If you're worried, you could add a wooden dowel or another pipe inside to stiffen it.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2004
3144 posts
1495 upvotes
dkq wrote: This is good for those need more space above your vehicle ... but might not be for everyone ... There might be a "catch" on such product. Most of the garage cross bar shaft is not solid instead it is a metal pipe.
There isn’t really too much to worry about. As others have mentioned, that’s how your springs are attached as well.

I’ve had a liftmaster jackshaft opener for 7+ years now and it’s still going strong Thumbs Up Sign

One thing to keep in mind though, is depending on clearance, you may or may not have the room/space needed to install the cable tension sensor. It’s not for safety or anything, but it prevents the cable from getting tangled up if the opener begins to close the door but the door doesn’t come down properly and then it becomes a pain to untangle and fix.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1408 posts
777 upvotes
Do you have a source for these issues you speak of?
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
1080 posts
188 upvotes
My mechanic installed similar model a year ago, he said the box shakes like hell on actions eventually he had to drill through the pipe to re-install it, because the drive pipe was not perfectly round resulted off centre.
And the pipe is thin (new house), it has the gap and not perfectly round shaped. His ceiling was low while his truck is rather tall, hence he selected this type in the first place.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1408 posts
777 upvotes
dkq wrote: My mechanic installed similar model a year ago, he said the box shakes like hell on actions eventually he had to drill through the pipe to re-install it, because the drive pipe was not perfectly round resulted off centre.
And the pipe is thin (new house), it has the gap and not perfectly round shaped. His ceiling was low while his truck is rather tall, hence he selected this type in the first place.
Ah okay so a single anecdotal story. I thought there was a warning about this type of opener online somewhere.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
18006 posts
12712 upvotes
Markham
If the door is well balanced and the spring well torque'd, the opener doesn't have to work hard to get the door up. This is really the key to ANY garage door opener working well and smoothly.

Beware winding up the spring yourself if you don't know what you're doing. Watch and heed the warnings of the good installer/teachers on YT.

Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
1325 posts
1292 upvotes
Does anyone do any maintenance on their garage door? Spring, bearings, rail.... I think most people wait for things to fail and then replace. Of this opener requires the spring to be properly torqued then I believe it's not the best option forost people.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
19456 posts
22576 upvotes
GTA
sparkaction wrote: Does anyone do any maintenance on their garage door? Spring, bearings, rail.... I think most people wait for things to fail and then replace. Of this opener requires the spring to be properly torqued then I believe it's not the best option forost people.
Every door needs to have the spring properly tensioned. It doesn't matter which opener you have, or an opener at all.
My 16ft insulated door weighs 170lbs. When I moved in one spring was broken, but opener could still lift it until I noticed it a few months later. Of course opening manually would have been difficult. Being unbalanced will cause the motor to fail faster.
If you're handy and careful, you can replace the spring and adjust tension like I did. I've helped others as well. Just cost $70 for the spring vs $300+ for garage guy.
I also make sure to lubricate the rails and springs occasionally.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 7, 2006
7496 posts
416 upvotes
Toronto
So far so good for me after replaced the Wayne Dalton POC with this LiftMaster gig.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
18006 posts
12712 upvotes
Markham
engineered wrote: Every door needs to have the spring properly tensioned. It doesn't matter which opener you have, or an opener at all.
My 16ft insulated door weighs 170lbs. When I moved in one spring was broken, but opener could still lift it until I noticed it a few months later. Of course opening manually would have been difficult. Being unbalanced will cause the motor to fail faster.
If you're handy and careful, you can replace the spring and adjust tension like I did. I've helped others as well. Just cost $70 for the spring vs $300+ for garage guy.
I also make sure to lubricate the rails and springs occasionally.
You don't lubricate the rails [at least I don't] ...you lubricate the rollers, springs, gears, hinges.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)