• Last Updated:
  • Jul 9th, 2019 12:14 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10706 posts
5045 upvotes

[Home Depot] Chemical guys 10piece bucket kit $49,99

So the kit is back but now priced at $50 instead of the normal $40 HOWEVER still a great deal for whats included. They did change whats in the kit some will like it some wont.None the less its about 50% off then buying single items

VRP Super Shine Dressing (16oz)
Speed Wipe Quick Detailer (16oz)
Citrus Wash & Gloss Concentrated Car Wash Soap (16oz)
Heavy Duty Detailing Bucket (4.5Gal)
Cyclone Dirt Trap
Bucket lid and seat

I still have a few kits from last sale but im going to pickup another as the stuff works really well.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/chemic ... 1001312704
Last edited by TomRFD on May 30th, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
SIMPLii !!
Buy first think later!
87 replies
Mar 14, 2019
163 posts
181 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Didn't costco have something similar for around $20?
Jul 13, 2015
250 posts
44 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Why are people downvoting this? It's still a good deal. I'm definitely grabbing another kit.

Edit: I just went to the Chemical Guys Canadian website and priced everything out and it came to just over $105. This is a good deal for $50.
Oct 8, 2006
160 posts
17 upvotes
Mississauga
49.99 is not a good deal as opposed to previous years.

Every year this bucket deal has come with the bucket, dirt trap, lid and citrus wash.
In 2016 they had the bucket with citrus wash, VRP and speed wipe for 24.99. So same bucket but no wash mit or micro fibre.
Last year the bucket was 39.99 it came with butter wet wax and diablo wheel wash instead of the VRP and Speed wipe. The butter wet wax is worth $25 on it's own.

The price will obviously come down later in the season. I will wait till it comes down in price. I've been to several home depot's and all the displays are full. Priced too high in my opinion.
Last edited by Mustangboy on Jun 1st, 2019 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 18, 2006
474 posts
48 upvotes
Any cheap 5-gallon buckets with grit guards available locally (Toronto)?
Don't care for CG's products (for the price, you get get other products that last longer, go further
Casual Trader
Heatware: 3-0
BMWWW
Aug 27, 2006
246 posts
110 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Thanks OP. Going to grab one when I get back in town, if I have any money left over from our escape weekend.

EDIT: Says "Unavailable in your area" on the HD website, that's no fun.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2009
1196 posts
839 upvotes
Belleville
So essentially they are charging an extra $25 for a washmitt and 3 microfiber cloths? Not convinced to buy at $50.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10706 posts
5045 upvotes
FlashFyre wrote: So essentially they are charging an extra $25 for a washmitt and 3 microfiber cloths? Not convinced to buy at $50.
If you price out everything along ,someone above^^ did it comes to over 100 so half price for the set is pretty good deal still.

Keep in mind this will probably drop in price as the season goes on.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
SIMPLii !!
Buy first think later!
Jan 29, 2018
336 posts
303 upvotes
I'll buy one when they start clearing them out at a fraction of the price like every other year :D
Nov 12, 2009
550 posts
638 upvotes
For some reason I read it as 10 piece bucket of chicken haha
Aug 27, 2006
246 posts
110 upvotes
Moncton, NB
BMWWW wrote: Any cheap 5-gallon buckets with grit guards available locally (Toronto)?
Don't care for CG's products (for the price, you get get other products that last longer, go further
What products do you recommend, I'm curious. Just getting into "fancy" detailing and looking at my options. Another forum I'm on quite a few guys have recommended Adam's products.
Feb 26, 2008
756 posts
690 upvotes
Surrey
tim-bit wrote: What products do you recommend, I'm curious. Just getting into "fancy" detailing and looking at my options. Another forum I'm on quite a few guys have recommended Adam's products.
Meguiar's Professional line (been using that for years and it gives consistent results). Waxes and sealants are a whole different ball game and too many personal preferences to account for so use what looks best to your eye. Personally, I like the P21S wax and in terms of a sealant, Opti-Seal. Yes, the price looks high on it but you use very little and a bottle will last you many applications. Pinnacle Sovereign wax is wicked on dark colored vehicles. These products maybe on the expensive side but a little of the product goes a long way. I've used some of Chemical Guy's stuff before and wasn't too impressed with it. It's a bit over hyped but if the product works for you then there's no reason why you should stop using it. Poorboy's World is good too. I like their products and they're not priced high. Depending on your vehicle's finish, you'll have to look for products that are specific to it. So say BMW and Mercedes have this ceramic clear coat. If you try to use a polish like Meguiar's 83, it 's not going to be effective. You'll need something like Meguiars 101 or Menzerna Polishes which are designed for the scratch resistant clear coats.

Have a browse at some of the sites in the states, the prices are a lot more decent than what's offered in Canada.

Check out www.autogeek.net (LOTs of products)
Sep 1, 2015
651 posts
798 upvotes
Last years version was better for cheaper. And it also dropped in price even more so as the season went on. Thr diablo wheel cleaner was junk but the butter wet wax was good. I'd prefer the wax over the detailer here but feel the VRP dressing is better than getting the wheel gel cleaner. Unless you absolutely need these things, hold off and the price will definitely come down. Last year I think Home Depot even started clearing them for under $20.
Oct 27, 2008
161 posts
130 upvotes
Coquitlam
I use chemical guys but the items in this kit are pretty mediocre. Only things useful are the wash mitt, cloths, and the grit guard.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
1636 posts
773 upvotes
Toronto
HockeyFanatic wrote: I use chemical guys but the items in this kit are pretty mediocre. Only things useful are the wash mitt, cloths, and the grit guard.
which products of chemical guys are the most useful ones?
Also, do i need a foam gun to use the soap?