• Sep 20th, 2019 6:16 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5038 posts
1256 upvotes
Toronto
Air Jordan wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 6:51 pm
Avoid the Etobicoke location on North Queen too. The lowest they were willing to go was $29.99 and that by a huge exception.
What's wrong with $29.99??? A bottle of VRP is pretty much $15 by itself hahaha
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro
'18 Union Flite Pro Red
'08 K2 T1
Jan 27, 2014
105 posts
76 upvotes
Burnaby
MikeDDD wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 7:22 pm
save your trip to south surrey location. had an unpleasant experience this afternoon. I am aware of this deal for a while and decide to try my luck when passing by. I politely asked a sale man nearby if he could price match based on a receipt from their own store (from an earlier post). The man didn't bother to look and told me I was scaming, then ran to his manager to report. WTF? I didn't even push. His manager in the cashier, a lady, was much calmer, said many people has came for it. and they cannot take give that price.
I am sorry that you had to experience this... thanks for the heads up!
Jul 11, 2019
3 posts
Got declined at ellesmere/warden HD.The lady talked to manager and said i need to know why the other store reduced the price.
Sep 18, 2008
97 posts
57 upvotes
The trick is to avoid the old ladies at all costs.

Only do one bucket at a time per transaction and look for the young highschool kids so that they DON'T have to call a manager. Most employees are allowed to make a judgment call on anything below $50 without approval. 2 buckets puts it above the $50 approval & a manager is required.

If no highschool students available look for the person that's politely helping everyone with a smile on their face & NOT the person hating their life being at work.
Jan 27, 2014
105 posts
76 upvotes
Burnaby
I asked politely to a early 30 lady if they price match receipts. She said okay! Bought two at 19.99. Went to another HD to return the ones I bought at 29.99
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
2772 posts
374 upvotes
liltennyo wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 11:26 pm
I asked politely to a early 30 lady if they price match receipts. She said okay! Bought two at 19.99. Went to another HD to return the ones I bought at 29.99
Which store?
Sep 25, 2010
189 posts
108 upvotes
Can anyone post their receipt from Vaughan/Woodbridge? Would greatly appreciate :)
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1797 posts
1144 upvotes
Markham
For those who followed this deal in the past (I know products slightly differed), what's the lowest it's gone during the summer? I got a couple $30 buckets I am not sure I should return or hold on to. I guess I have 90 days so no harm in holding.

Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Jan 23, 2008
87 posts
6 upvotes
mpsrent wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 6:33 pm
Avoid Orillia, even though they have a skid full. The manager was useless, she had no desire to match another Home Depot.

I must admit that her argument was humorous, she said "there's no need to discount them as we have a full skid to sell". She made me chuckle.
That's what the manager in Langley said too. That other stores probably only had one or two left and they were blowing them out. Was not in the mood to argue even though we know that's not true, so politely thanked her and left.
Jan 23, 2008
87 posts
6 upvotes
MikeDDD wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 7:22 pm
save your trip to south surrey location. had an unpleasant experience this afternoon. I am aware of this deal for a while and decide to try my luck when passing by. I politely asked a sale man nearby if he could price match based on a receipt from their own store (from an earlier post). The man didn't bother to look and told me I was scaming, then ran to his manager to report. WTF? I didn't even push. His manager in the cashier, a lady, was much calmer, said many people has came for it. and they cannot take give that price.
How on earth can they refuse to match a receipt from their own store? Makes no sense to me.
Nov 24, 2016
853 posts
877 upvotes
charlie3133 wrote:
Jul 19th, 2019 11:57 am
How on earth can they refuse to match a receipt from their own store? Makes no sense to me.
because its an error. You don't have to pricematch an error even if its from your store.
Jan 27, 2014
105 posts
76 upvotes
Burnaby
charlie3133 wrote:
Jul 19th, 2019 11:57 am
I was curious on HD's Price Match policy between their stores and got the following response.

The policy is in reference to any competitive retailer stores and/or any local Canadian retailer websites. Though there are products within The Home Depot that qualify, some may not apply to the price match guarantee due to differing factors such as product being seasonal, discontinued, obsolete, on clearance, distressed or going-out-of-business sale merchandise. Each store has varying sales which is to the discretion of the store's leadership team.

Caveat: I did not mention this product and was a more general question.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
2494 posts
1656 upvotes
No Bum Deals
ashu12055989855 wrote:
Jul 19th, 2019 1:01 pm
I got 3 for $50. The trick is to just scan one of em at self checkout. /s
:facepalm:
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 [both FREE] | 1x Koodo 40/6 [paying $15] | 1x Fido Data 15/3 [FREE - Free GPad] 🢀