• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2021 1:41 pm
[OP]
Mar 31, 2011
397 posts
361 upvotes
Cambridge, ON

[Home Depot] *CLEARANCE* Ryobi 4Ah HP battery P192 - $88

Saw this online this morning while browsing Ryobi batteries. Was $128 up until recently. Picked up 2 at Guelph location, only 3 remaining on the shelf when I left. These are the last gen of 4Ah HPs, but the build date was Dec 2020, so less than a year old. Good deal for anyone looking for HP batteries. Limited quantities in-store so YMMV.
Buying things you don't need is what RFD is all about.
11 replies
Mar 9, 2020
219 posts
248 upvotes
The 3ah HP p191 is also on clearance for $68. was at pickering and morning side this week in the gta and both stores had atleast 30 of the 3ah batteries.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
1669 posts
1115 upvotes
Is this the best p190s. So many pq90s version
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2015
1182 posts
1695 upvotes
Please list voltage of the battery in title too. Got super excited until I realized it was 18v which I already have enough. This summer I got updated trimmer, blowers and so would have loved a cheap 40v battery. Good price though if you have a lot of the 18v ryobi tools. Always better to have on hand.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2011
1016 posts
1026 upvotes
Tiny
Make sure you read the serial number.first two digits are the year and the next two are the week. I saw many 2018s with the 3ah version.
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2004
30141 posts
10924 upvotes
fyrebug wrote: The 3ah HP p191 is also on clearance for $68. was at pickering and morning side this week in the gta and both stores had atleast 30 of the 3ah batteries.
The 3Ah HP are the best because they have 21700 cells in them--will provide the most output with a lot of tools. That said still a bit pricey and I don't have enough Ryobi tools and no HP/brushelss tools at that, to justify the purchase. But between the 4 and the 3, the 3 is the better purchase for power. For runtime, might as well get the two-pack non-HP P145 (2x P197) as those are pretty darn good for the money.

Some people have seen the 9Ah HP at some stores for $89 or something; I bought one at $118 and thought that was a good enough deal as it was.

Between all these deals, I'd take any of the 3.0 HP ($68), the 9.0 HP (even at $118), or the 2x P197 ($99), before the buying the 4.0 HP @ $88.
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2004
30141 posts
10924 upvotes
Harold91 wrote: Please list voltage of the battery in title too. Got super excited until I realized it was 18v which I already have enough. This summer I got updated trimmer, blowers and so would have loved a cheap 40v battery. Good price though if you have a lot of the 18v ryobi tools. Always better to have on hand.
Yeah keep in mind the 40V batteries are actually 36V so for the same "level of Ah" they would have double the cells. Not so easy to find great deals on those given it's double the battery cost for Ryobi. Also from what I've read you're actually better off buying ones off kijiji where people got them with tools and are selling the extra batteries. For whatever reason a lot of people seem to say the separate-purchase 40V batteries are of poor QC and the BMS tends to fail in them. OTOH the ones that come in the box with tools (i.e. kits) seem to fare a lot better.
Mar 9, 2020
219 posts
248 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: The 3Ah HP are the best because they have 21700 cells in them--will provide the most output with a lot of tools. That said still a bit pricey and I don't have enough Ryobi tools and no HP/brushless tools at that, to justify the purchase. But between the 4 and the 3, the 3 is the better purchase for power. For runtime, might as well get the two-pack non-HP P145 (2x P197) as those are pretty darn good for the money.

Some people have seen the 9Ah HP at some stores for $89 or something; I bought one at $118 and thought that was a good enough deal as it was.

Between all these deals, I'd take any of the 3.0 HP ($68), the 9.0 HP (even at $118), or the 2x P197 ($99), before the buying the 4.0 HP @ $88.
Agreed that's why I bought one of the 3ah just to have one. Don't need more 4ah and the times I need extra power probably don't need extra weight.

I'm 90% Ridgid now but I do have a brushless ryobi drill I bought new in bag off kijiji for $35 that's pretty good and while nowhere near the 1300lbs of power the ridgid octane hammer drill I have, it's still nice to have both and use the lighter one for some jobs, or use it for messier jobs like mixing things where I don't feel like getting the ridgid tool messy. Figured it'd be useful to have a bit more power sometimes. Who knows... maybe those extra contacts will super charge the ryobi glue gun /s