Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Clearance Ryobi RC Truck $40 (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2019 7:41 pm
Nov 17, 2009
59 posts
58 upvotes
@Superman_2099 - I'll take that one if you're in the Stoney Creek area :)

otherwise;

Hey @seafish - Can you check St.Catharines? - Also, f****g love your tracker! You're my hero <3
Oct 16, 2005
809 posts
332 upvotes
drooldud wrote:
Jun 28th, 2019 1:25 pm
@Superman_2099 - I'll take that one if you're in the Stoney Creek area :)

otherwise;

Hey @seafish - Can you check St.Catharines? - Also, f****g love your tracker! You're my hero <3
Hey I left the area this morning. Back in Brampton.

May have one ready for pick up in Brampton if you wanna so the trip.
Mar 17, 2011
41 posts
54 upvotes
toronto
Two left at back aisle display at leaside for $40
Mar 25, 2005
885 posts
301 upvotes
St. Catharines ON
Zero in St Catharines and Niagara Falls.

I checked on Tuesday.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4383 posts
1137 upvotes
Ottawa
I’m gonna return it to HD today.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
3163 posts
4180 upvotes
Ottawa
jaksdj22 wrote:
Jun 29th, 2019 10:12 am
What’s the link to check stock?
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=hd&sku=1001157063

To limit amount requests to HD it does not update stock information automaticaly, but shows cached numbers. You can refresh by clicking on the last cell of the row where it's shown how long ago it was updated. This can be done only if it was longer then 10 min. ago.
Unfortunately I couldn't figure out how to get actual in-store price and it only shows what's seen on the web, which is not always accurate, especialy for yellow tags.
Instead of SKU you can also use UPC from the barcode or receipt.
Apr 28, 2015
63 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
I checked 4 different stores over 3 days and none hd any. Alot of stores said they had 1/2 but they never actually have them. Was really hoping to score one bc i think my 2 y/o would have gotten a kick outta it all well.

Still thanks to OP
Oct 5, 2005
585 posts
172 upvotes
picked one up. was tagged $68, but rang up $40. HOWEVER, turns out to be a complete piece of crap! it has a "feature" that turns off the motor completely if it detects a strong impact (eg hitting a wall) and requires a shut-off/shut-on to re-enable it. problem is, it's completely mis-calibrated. a sudden start or stop without hitting anything triggers the stupid thing. useless. couldn't even get it off the driveway because it kept shutting down.... planning to bring it back.

waste of money!
yo!
Mar 21, 2002
737 posts
63 upvotes
Montreal
moneybags wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 11:23 am
picked one up. was tagged $68, but rang up $40. HOWEVER, turns out to be a complete piece of crap! it has a "feature" that turns off the motor completely if it detects a strong impact (eg hitting a wall) and requires a shut-off/shut-on to re-enable it. problem is, it's completely mis-calibrated. a sudden start or stop without hitting anything triggers the stupid thing. useless. couldn't even get it off the driveway because it kept shutting down.... planning to bring it back.

waste of money!
My experience might shed some light. I tried to use different batteries with the RC truck. Using both the P104 Lithium and P100 NiCd 18v One plus batteries made the truck work for about 30 seconds at the most without hitting any obstruction. Using the slimmer P103 battery, everything worked fine.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
1061 posts
950 upvotes
Superman_2099 wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 2:17 pm
This one is regular price at $41. It also says it boasts 100km/h, which i doubt. I like the ryobi one as I just picked up some additional tools for them. $40 is a great price if you have the ecosystem already as it's pretty decent for a non hobby grade RC
I think the speed on hobby toys is a ratio in comparison to its size, not real-life speed. So 100 for the toy might be 20 in real speed.
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
Apr 26, 2019
189 posts
125 upvotes
Whats so special about a $40 rc truck? It comes with the drill battery?
Oct 5, 2005
585 posts
172 upvotes
pawlusho wrote:
Jul 6th, 2019 8:24 am
My experience might shed some light. I tried to use different batteries with the RC truck. Using both the P104 Lithium and P100 NiCd 18v One plus batteries made the truck work for about 30 seconds at the most without hitting any obstruction. Using the slimmer P103 battery, everything worked fine.
Thanks for the insight. Mine won't even run for 2 seconds on a fresh charge if I "floor it." However, it seems to run fine at slower speed for as long as I can maintain it, as it's really easy to push the stick too far and floor it again.

Anyways, wife threw out the packaging, so I'm not going to bother trying to return it. Tempted to try another battery, but that just another $75 min...
yo!