Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Clearance Ryobi RC Truck $40 (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2019 7:41 pm
Oct 16, 2005
829 posts
349 upvotes
moneybags wrote:
Jul 6th, 2019 3:20 pm
Thanks for the insight. Mine won't even run for 2 seconds on a fresh charge if I "floor it." However, it seems to run fine at slower speed for as long as I can maintain it, as it's really easy to push the stick too far and floor it again.

Anyways, wife threw out the packaging, so I'm not going to bother trying to return it. Tempted to try another battery, but that just another $75 min...
I have an extra car if anyone is looking for.

Also have a 2 pack of 1.3ah batteries for $70
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2005
3833 posts
19124 upvotes
Montreal
Greenfield Park has an Uproar RC car for $40. Located in the garden center liquidation zone.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2004
1825 posts
189 upvotes
Markham
Superman_2099 wrote:
Jul 6th, 2019 3:30 pm
I have an extra car if anyone is looking for.

Also have a 2 pack of 1.3ah batteries for $70
If you still have an extra car, and would like to sell it -- please PM me. I assume you are located in GTA?
Jun 4, 2011
11 posts
Toronto
Does anyone have an extra one that want to sell at cost price. I am interested in the Toronto area.
Nov 21, 2018
124 posts
107 upvotes
Mission, BC
I wasn't going to go through 7 pages to check, but just wanted to post the link to stocktrack, maybe it'll help you guys source stores with it still available. PM maybe?

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=hd&sku=1001157063
Infinus Technology Inc
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5605 posts
1386 upvotes
Calgary
still $127 in calgary, only 2 stores with stock
Jun 4, 2011
11 posts
Toronto
Thank you Brendan; will call the stores that shows stock to see if they are able to physical locate it.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4894 posts
1150 upvotes
moneybags wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 11:23 am
picked one up. was tagged $68, but rang up $40. HOWEVER, turns out to be a complete piece of crap! it has a "feature" that turns off the motor completely if it detects a strong impact (eg hitting a wall) and requires a shut-off/shut-on to re-enable it. problem is, it's completely mis-calibrated. a sudden start or stop without hitting anything triggers the stupid thing. useless. couldn't even get it off the driveway because it kept shutting down.... planning to bring it back.

waste of money!
I got mine for $15 and it has banged HARD into shit all over my house and never shut off...
Hindustunna wrote:
Jul 6th, 2019 2:45 pm
Whats so special about a $40 rc truck? It comes with the drill battery?
It doesn't come with a battery. Part of the draw is for people like me who already have a bunch of Ryobi batteries. I got four batteries a couple years ago when HD had those Arctic Cool misting fans on clearance for $15 - $20 each that included batteries. I should have bought more :/ But that's what I love about Ryobi...all these extra things you can use the batteries in :D

I love the car. I found it in the clearance area of the tools section of an HD. I was there for other stuff and then remembered this thread so thought I'd have a look and there it was! The box was beat up, and it had no price on it. They scanned it and it showed up as $40, so the guy offered me $20. I counter-offered with $15, and they said yes lol. Always wanted one of these things when I was a kid, but they were all gas powered back then or used specialized batteries, and were really expensive. $15 though? And I have seven batteries now? Hehe. Hell yes I'm in!
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Jun 4, 2011
11 posts
Toronto
I have confirmed that all the stores are out of stock, anyone have a spare one and willing to sell that will be great. I am in the Toronto area.
Oct 16, 2005
829 posts
349 upvotes
1V4N wrote:
Jul 30th, 2019 10:24 pm
If you still have an extra car, and would like to sell it -- please PM me. I assume you are located in GTA?
Someone has messaged me for it.

Will let you know if anything changes
May 21, 2007
25 posts
3 upvotes
Calgary
None in Calgary unfortunately. They were $40, even though ST showing $127. I've had a few visits and chats with the Marlborough manager and they have looked for a couple of days, found me one about a month ago and they will be writing off the other 3 as they are "missing".
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4383 posts
1138 upvotes
Ottawa
I had 1 , returned it after try, it can’t run on my backyard, I knew the grass may be too long for the truck, still
Jun 6, 2015
72 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone have one they want to sell around downtown T. O?