Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Commercial Electric 3-Outlet T-Tap Grounding Adapter - *In store only*=== $1.47

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2023 10:52 pm
[OP]
Oct 11, 2006
264 posts
654 upvotes

[Home Depot] Commercial Electric 3-Outlet T-Tap Grounding Adapter - *In store only*=== $1.47

NOTE: UGLY COLOR

Reg $4
Now $1.47
instore stock only

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=hd&sku=1001065521

Designed for indoor use only. Not for use with extension cords. Keep in a dry location to reduce the risk of shock. Fully insert plug. Inspect periodically.

125-Volt, 15 Amp, 1875-Watt
Designed and engineered for customers
Convenient to carry when you travel
Durable and easy to use
17 replies
Feb 9, 2017
253 posts
322 upvotes
Wonder why it says "Not for use with extension cords". And is the advice about not plugging extension cords into one of the 3 receptacles of this adaptor or is it about not plugging this adaptor to the female end of an extension cord?
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2018
1360 posts
2168 upvotes
Centre of the Univer…
Not sure why they specify these :
125-Volt, 15 Amp, 1875-Watt
Convenient to carry when you travel
Say, you're traveling to Europe/Asia where they use 220-240V, does it mean this is useless over there? I thought it's just simply a splitter/distributor to allow more devices to plug in?
Jun 25, 2006
333 posts
226 upvotes
Prices seems to fluctuate from $3.47 to $1.97 and now $1.47 So this is now the lowest price. Not much of a saving since it stays mainly in the $1.97 price range most of the time.
Nov 5, 2018
572 posts
626 upvotes
CertainSomeone wrote: Not sure why they specify these :

Say, you're traveling to Europe/Asia where they use 220-240V, does it mean this is useless over there? I thought it's just simply a splitter/distributor to allow more devices to plug in?
That note doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Europe and Asia use completely different plugs. I imagine this will work just fine if you have an adapter to convert.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4486 posts
1532 upvotes
dodgybackhand wrote: Wonder why it says "Not for use with extension cords". And is the advice about not plugging extension cords into one of the 3 receptacles of this adaptor or is it about not plugging this adaptor to the female end of an extension cord?
This just a simple three way splitter. No adapter.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2008
1105 posts
1145 upvotes

Likely meaning business travellers, I've been in hotel rooms with a severe lack of outlets.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1612 posts
1525 upvotes
Moncton
bb_00 wrote: These do come in handy. How safe are they? Also, can you fit 2 of them stacked onto 1 outlet?
I suspect that's what the warning against extension cords is all about. It's generally a bad practice to plug an extension cord into another extension cord (in olden times we called it an octopus) so stacking them together increases the chance of exceeding the safe current capacity.

edit: Disregard the last.... I misread your post thinking you wanted to stack two together instead of asking if they'd fit on a 2 socket outlet.
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
1404 posts
550 upvotes
MikeMontrealer wrote: Likely meaning business travellers, I've been in hotel rooms with a severe lack of outlets.
Business travellers don't need so many outlets. Try travelling with family and they all need to charge the tablets and phones. Older hotels don't have so many outlets.
Jul 20, 2003
97 posts
79 upvotes
GVRD

It seems you already know Europe and Asia use different plugs. If you want to use this there, you would first need an appropriate adapter at the wall outlet.
They say it's convenient for travel because of its small form factor. Wouldn't you agree that if you needed a few extra outlets this would be more convenient to carry than a power bar?
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2008
1105 posts
1145 upvotes
shopper_of_things wrote: Business travellers don't need so many outlets. Try travelling with family and they all need to charge the tablets and phones. Older hotels don't have so many outlets.
I do both and in both scenarios I've needed my desktop (small form factor) power bar.

Even on business I need to plug in my laptop, phone, watch charger, and have a free outlet in case I need to charge something else (airbuds, etc).

And as someone else mentioned, people do travel in North America. Overseas you wouldn't bring this.
Jul 13, 2018
307 posts
490 upvotes
Ontario
Ferinthu1 wrote: That note doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Europe and Asia use completely different plugs. I imagine this will work just fine if you have an adapter to convert.
I have a short 3 bar extension that I bought from dollar store for travel. Means I can plug this into a travel adapter and then plug all my North America devices into that power bar, rather than requiring multiple travel adapters for each device.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10161 posts
995 upvotes
Toronto
As long as your not using it for toaster or coffee maker or air fryer power. Cell phone charger is totally fine
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2005
5779 posts
33959 upvotes
Montreal
Even if it says indoor use…these are made (and were sold) with the Christmas lights. It’s molded plastic. They are great for plugging in larger transformers for lights.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)