Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Commercial electric 40 inch LED selectable color light $23.98

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2020 6:45 pm
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
47839 posts
8572 upvotes
Richmond Hill
SammyDavis wrote: If you need to ask you have not dealt with a lot of electrical work.
This is a consumer unit, most consumers don't want to have to buy SJOOW at $5/meter when the alternative is you have a female plug that you can just plug into. Why would a consumer have dealt with a "lot of electrical work"?

There's a reason why the previous deal was so popular: home-depot-commercial-electric-4ft-link ... 8-2376425/
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
8076 posts
8566 upvotes
Calgary
Jon Lai wrote: This is a consumer unit, most consumers don't want to have to buy SJOOW at $5/meter when the alternative is you have a female plug that you can just plug into. Why would a consumer have dealt with a "lot of electrical work"?

There's a reason why the previous deal was so popular: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/home-depot-commercial-electric-4ft-linkable-led-shop-light-3200-lumen-4000k-50000-hours-life-14-88-2376425/
Many homeowners don’t want a cheap light with a proprietary , short cable. That’s why they make better lights like this one. If the 15$ light works for you then great. This one is what I need.
Last edited by SammyDavis on Jul 4th, 2020 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
47839 posts
8572 upvotes
Richmond Hill
SammyDavis wrote: Lol. Whatever. Many homeowners don’t want a cheap light with a proprietary , short cable. That’s why they make better lights like this one. If the 15$ light works for you then great. This one is what I need.
Not sure what's going on with the hostility. The question was why would no female connector be better. It was a legitimate question as part of a thread discussing the product of the deal, and the answer provided was basically, if you know, you know. That's not very helpful for a deal discussion forum, and certainly attitude that wasn't called for.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
47839 posts
8572 upvotes
Richmond Hill
SammyDavis wrote: I answered your question more than once. If your feelings are hurt by the answer, I really don’t care. Please point out the “hostility”. If you don’t understand why some homeowners would want a better light fixture than I can’t help you and really don’t have time to engage in this discussion anymore.
Multiple members here asked the same question. The only response I got from you was, if you know, you know. That's not the type of helpfulness that we typically see on RFD, hence why it comes across as hostile. Answering someone's question like you're too good to answer someone's question is showing hostility.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1804 posts
70 upvotes
Vancouver
Can anyone give me an opinion on this? I have a 10 feet tall powder room, currently with a chandelier that I hate (on a dimmer). If I replace with this LED light, would it be bright enough to hit down from 10 feet at 2600 lumen? And would 3000K be recommended?
spot finder
Apr 18, 2007
617 posts
556 upvotes
Big Brother wrote: Can anyone give me an opinion on this? I have a 10 feet tall powder room, currently with a chandelier that I hate (on a dimmer). If I replace with this LED light, would it be bright enough to hit down from 10 feet at 2600 lumen? And would 3000K be recommended?
Should be fine brightness wise. The temp, you can just switch it if you don't like it. Take advantage of the 3 different temp settings.
Jul 16, 2012
256 posts
135 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Thanks OP! Got a few in Brampton after ordering online for in-store pickup.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
8076 posts
8566 upvotes
Calgary
OasisUK wrote: Thanks OP! Got a few in Brampton after ordering online for in-store pickup.
Nice. I just replaced my kitchen under cabinets fluorescents with these. They look awesome. They dim nicely with an Incipio smart switch I grabbed earlier from Princess Auto.
Nov 26, 2003
42 posts
9 upvotes
British Columbia
Would I have to go in the store to price match? If so, would I just show the manager or associate the photos from the original post the verify the $23.98 pricing? Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
4255 posts
1024 upvotes
Has anyone paired this with their smart home gear? I'm imagining a Samsung SmartThings button for on/off, a motion sensor so it automatically turns on the light

But... I would like it bright during the day and not as bright at night. During evenings if I'm bringing baby home and the motion triggers it... I dont' want it as bright if baby's sleeping...

Is it possible to set this up?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
17331 posts
4724 upvotes
Just PM 2
Thx OP
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)