Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Cordless Brushless Ridgid 7-1/4 inch Circular Saw $128

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2019 7:01 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Member
Apr 2, 2013
423 posts
331 upvotes
St. Catharines

[Home Depot] Cordless Brushless Ridgid 7-1/4 inch Circular Saw $128

So if you are already in the Ridgid ecosystem (for example, you got the Ridgid drill and driver combo last year that came with 2 batteries and the charger), this is a perfect opportunity for a very good quality brushless circular saw. We know Ryobi days is on and they have the saw+free battery but this works out better if you have Ridgid.
This saw + free battery and charger are $199+tax. However you can go directly to the customer service and they will refund you the promotional value ($85.20+tax=$96.28) making the total for this brushless circular saw only $128 altogether. Works out better for me than the Ryobi so this was a no brainer. Hope this helps someone too!
Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 11th, 2019 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
23 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2888 posts
1246 upvotes
TheGuard wrote: However you can go directly to the customer service and they will refund you the promotional value ($85.20+tax=$96.28) making the total for this brushless circular saw only $128 altogether.
Sounds like a YMMV situation. I've never heard of this option before.
Newbie
Dec 20, 2012
11 posts
6 upvotes
GTA
What did you say to the Customer Service Rep?
Newbie
User avatar
Aug 9, 2007
49 posts
32 upvotes
Montreal
Just did it, no need to say anything.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
1606 posts
1179 upvotes
Montreal
I got the multi tool like that. I went back to the return counter. They asked why and I said changed my mind. End of story.
[OP]
Member
Apr 2, 2013
423 posts
331 upvotes
St. Catharines
Yup, just said I already had the batteries and charger and initially she said I wasn't going to get anything back but I let her ring it in because I saw the max refund value on the receipt and knew more than her apparently lol no issues with the refund for that.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2005
1614 posts
859 upvotes
HomeDepot should really close this loophole. The receipt should show a bundle deal where both items are listed as one so that customers have to either keep or return the entire bundle.
I'll Keep It Short and Sweet. Family, Religion, Friendship ... These Are the Three Demons You Must Slay if You Wish to Succeed in Business
Newbie
May 4, 2016
31 posts
77 upvotes
kennyt18 wrote: HomeDepot should really close this loophole. The receipt should show a bundle deal where both items are listed as one so that customers have to either keep or return the entire bundle.
I asked the clerk in Barrie store and she said if i did a refund, the entire thing had to come back.
[OP]
Member
Apr 2, 2013
423 posts
331 upvotes
St. Catharines
celldealwanter wrote: I asked the clerk in Barrie store and she said if i did a refund, the entire thing had to come back.
Talk to a different clerk. I was at the Barrie one and did this last night.
Sr. Member
May 14, 2009
881 posts
10476 upvotes
Sherbrooke
kennyt18 wrote: HomeDepot should really close this loophole. The receipt should show a bundle deal where both items are listed as one so that customers have to either keep or return the entire bundle.
Cannot speak for all Homedepot locations, but the one I frequent shows a Max Return for each item in the bundle directly on the receipt so each item can be returned separately
Say if you had a 100$ and they offered a 100$ free value... the max return is always proportioned. So the Max return value would be 50$ for each item. You do not have to bring back the entire bundle. Makes it extremely simple for everyone involved as to the actual value of each item. I personally think this way is genius and very customer focused.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 11, 2004
8966 posts
1872 upvotes
Montreal, QC
YMMV...I would advise usually waiting after the promo is over, some clerks/stores won't do it, if people keep abusing it, HD will probably change their policies.

But the charger and battery may be worth more if you sell them separately, the 2Ah battery is actually pretty good vs a crappy 1.3Ah

The battery/charger is $150

$150/350 ($150+$200)=43% off

Charger kit $150 -> $64.5
Saw $200 -> $86
Member
Nov 20, 2006
303 posts
58 upvotes
GVR, BC
TheGuard wrote: So if you are already in the Ridgid ecosystem (for example, you got the Ridgid drill and driver combo last year that came with 2 batteries and the charger), this is a perfect opportunity for a very good quality brushless circular saw. We know Ryobi days is on and they have the saw+free battery but this works out better if you have Ridgid.
This saw + free battery and charger are $199+tax. However you can go directly to the customer service and they will refund you the promotional value ($85.20+tax=$96.28) making the total for this brushless circular saw only $128 altogether. Works out better for me than the Ryobi so this was a no brainer. Hope this helps someone too!
Can't find much about this Ryobi days deal? at HD? How much is the saw+free battery?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 11, 2004
8966 posts
1872 upvotes
Montreal, QC
purespin wrote: Can't find much about this Ryobi days deal? at HD? How much is the saw+free battery?
The Ryobi one in the promo isn't brushless, not worth it.
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/catego ... ryobi.html

The 6.5" circ saw is $89/179, so 50% off each item = $44.5 for the saw and $44.5 for the charger/battery (which can sell for $30/30 but I'll keep the battery)

I got the rotary cutter (Rotozip like) for $75 + free charger/2Ah battery
The Ryobi kit is valued at $90

The $99 3/8" impact wrench with 3 speeds 150ft/lb/3400 IMP may be worth getting, I have the 1/2" 200 ft/lb 3000IPM and my cars's lugnuts are like a walk in the park so I'm pretty sure the 3/8" will do the job.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001357519

Edit: Scratch that, appears that the brushless impact driver may be more powerful?

Top