• May 18th, 2020 2:43 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
4300 posts
1663 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON

Home Depot Customer Service

Does anyone have any known email address or way to contact Home Depot customer service other than the phone line? I am very frustrated with my experience thus far.

Last night I called in and watied an hour and 15 minutes (not complaining about that part, I completely understand why that is) but when the rep finally picks up they immediately disconnect the line so I have lost an hour and 15 minutes. I have no options so I called back at 6:55pm EST and wait another 1 hour and 10 minutes at which point the hold message becomes "We are now closed. Please call back during business hours." At that point I was outraged. I have never had that happen before from a company. There was no warning during my long wait to say "We will cut you off at 8pm". In my experience places close their queues at close (or ahead of time if too backed up) and work through those that are waiting. Instead Home Depot just disconnects everyone without warning after long wait times. That is unbelievably awful service in my opinion.

So of course I have no option but to call back this morning at 8 when it opens. I am immediately told it is over an hour wait but of course I just keep waiting. After 25 minutes the system offers a call back option that "Will not lose your place in line" so I give it a shot. 2 hours later someone calls me back and asks what my call is about and tells me "hold on I will connect you to the right department" and after 8 seconds of communication between us he puts me back in a hold queue. I am absolutely livid. What was the point of waiting 2 hours for a call back? All it did was waste 2 hours of my time waiting to just put me at the back of the line all over again. It's been 30 minutes again of being in that queue and I am livid.

The text messaging system that the hold line recommends to me just responds that it is overloaded and to call in.

Do I have any other methods (email addresses, etc) to get some assistance?

EDIT: Eff it. I'm fed up with them and done with this game. Order cancelled and trying my luck at Lowe's.
9 replies
Nov 17, 2005
374 posts
55 upvotes
Tried this 2 weeks ago and had the same issue with phone system.
I tried the text service and they contacted me back more than a day later..

I also gave up.
Jun 5, 2016
593 posts
784 upvotes
You can text them at 6475585039 but I think for anything complex you will still have to call.

A few days ago I filled out a email contact form but I can't find that on the website anymore and I haven't got a reply yet anyway.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
4300 posts
1663 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
fremmy wrote: You can text them at 6475585039 but I think for anything complex you will still have to call.

A few days ago I filled out a email contact form but I can't find that on the website anymore and I haven't got a reply yet anyway.
Thanks for sharing that number. I had only found the one they share on the hold message which is 84322. That system told me to call in which was not helpful. I'll keep this other number in mind for future reference.
Feb 3, 2019
174 posts
131 upvotes
GTA
I’m glad it’s not just me. Have asked to be called back four times already ( different numbers) and in 7 hours have not received one single call back.

They delivered used items (covered in soil) to me that are even missing packaging and pieces that are essential for them to be functional.

I was understanding of the delays with COVID when everything started to happen, but at this point companies have had 2 months to pivot and turn and deal with the current situation. Nor figuring out a way to handle customer issues (despite still taking money from them) is just flat out not caring and not prioritizing customer needs despite them being a customer facing business.

Will be returning all my items and definitely won’t be shopping with them again
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
22119 posts
16730 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
ChicoQuente wrote: I have never had that happen before from a company.
HD has never had this volume of calls happen to them before COVID-19 from customers ;)

And judging by the number of RFD threads about similar situations at retailers from IKEA to Loblaws, this situation is hardly unique to HD.
Does anyone have any known email address or way to contact Home Depot customer service other than the phone line?
The bossman is Jeff Kinnaird. According to canada411 HQ's phone number is 416-609-0852. Call it and ask for Kinnaird's office.
Eff it. I'm fed up with them and done with this game. Order cancelled and trying my luck at Lowe's.
Do let us know how it goes at Lowe's.
veni, vidi, Visa
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
4300 posts
1663 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
bylo wrote: HD has never had this volume of calls happen to them before COVID-19 from customers ;)

And judging by the number of RFD threads about similar situations at retailers from IKEA to Loblaws, this situation is hardly unique to HD.

The bossman is Jeff Kinnaird. According to canada411 HQ's phone number is 416-609-0852. Call it and ask for Kinnaird's office.

Do let us know how it goes at Lowe's.
I got my order from Lowe’s for pickup after a few days without issue. As I had no need to speak to their customer service for my order I had no problems like I did with Home Depot so I can’t speak to what their customer service situation was like.

Technically I spent a little more by purchasing at Lowe’s since I was attempting to price match Lowe’s deals at Home Depot which would have given me another 10% off however the experience with HD was too much of a nightmare to ever get the price match done so it was worth the time saved to pay an extra 10%.
Feb 3, 2019
174 posts
131 upvotes
GTA
bylo wrote:
It’s not unique but there’s definitely a trend of companies that keep getting mentioned: Home Depot, Walmart, TD Canada, Ikea. Companies have had 2 months to pivot and turn and come up with new solutions to address customer issues
Apr 17, 2016
344 posts
246 upvotes
Toronto
I had a somewhat similar experience with Lowe's. I placed an online order a while back and it took too long for them to fulfill for the timeframe I needed the material. So I tried to cancel the order before it was fulfilled. Called the number they provide and it went to busy signal. Tried 3 times that day, all busy. So I filled in the form online for refunding online purchases. Got an automated response back that there is long processing time, and they never replied back. Called the next day during their open hours only to get an automated response "we're closed". Called back Monday during the hours they stated the call center was open "we're closed". Called back 2 hours later, busy signal. By this time, I got the pickup email but no longer wanted the stuff. Then after a few days of waiting to see if they'd respond to the email, I gave in, called right when they opened, and waited on hold for 1 hr. Someone picks up, asked what call was about then transferred me. Waited another 45 mins, then it took the guy 2 mins to cancel the order.

I am sure they will learn a lot from this rough time, but I can see how customers are becoming irate with the way this is all handled. After that experience, I just waited it out till stores opened again to buy anything else.

As a side note, I ordered something else from rona on may 5th. Just got the pick up email today. Luckily, it's something I don't need right away - there was an online flash sale for the item so I purchased it when it was cheap.