Shopping Discussion

Home Depot Customer Service Chat - gone?

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2021 11:57 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
4764 posts
2103 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON

Home Depot Customer Service Chat - gone?

I’ve been trying to get through to customer service via chat for days now and can not get it to pop up. I’ve tried at work, on my laptop, phone, etc. I’ve disabled any ad blocking on every system I have attempted and made sure my DNS block was off too (ensuring I’m using my cable providers DNS, or mobile provider). No matter what I do or what connection I go through I can not get the chat to appear. Have they completely disabled it lately? If so what other options do I even have to speak to customer service in Ontario regarding price protection? I’ve tried the text messaging as we however it never responds after I send my a message.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
4072 posts
1387 upvotes
Durham Region
Yes, it appears to be gone. Unfortunately.
Nov 23, 2004
909 posts
1608 upvotes
Ontario
With people unable to go into stores right now in our province, I've seen a few places drop live chat. I'd have to assume the chat is just getting overwhelmed by folks with questions they would normally go to a store for or that just aren't urgent or essential in the grand scheme of things. Even doing a curbside pickup yesterday for some items to repair a fence, the parking lot at my local store was just nuts. People parking everywhere (not in numbered spots), people yelling at HD staff to get helped faster, HD staff getting angry at people parking in wrong spots for pickup, people trying to sweet talk/bribe staff for faster pickup, it was a nut house. I can only imagine what the online chat operators are being faced with if that's just one store's in-person experience right now.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2891 posts
1557 upvotes
London
its been gone for sometime. now u have to text them 84322 or call and wait on hold for ages texting is a bit quicker then calling.
Apr 1, 2011
69 posts
96 upvotes
Ottawa
When I have attempted texting, I get a message that there may be a charge for the service. Does anybody know if we are having to pay to speak to a Home Depot service rep?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
4764 posts
2103 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
I’ve never had a single response (human or robot) from about 10 attempts at the SMS service.

Fortunately yesterday at work I was looking up material pricing for a job and happened to leave the window open on my desktop when I was done. I happened to glance over later and the chat button had appeared at the bottom right so I was able to get some help finally.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
4072 posts
1387 upvotes
Durham Region
ChicoQuente wrote: I’ve never had a single response (human or robot) from about 10 attempts at the SMS service.

Fortunately yesterday at work I was looking up material pricing for a job and happened to leave the window open on my desktop when I was done. I happened to glance over later and the chat button had appeared at the bottom right so I was able to get some help finally.
Just did the same for me. Beauty!