Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Danby Premiere 8.5 cu. ft. Upright Freezer - ENERGY STAR 5 years warranty 388$

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2021 9:43 pm
Sep 24, 2011
669 posts
414 upvotes
Sherbrooke

[Home Depot] Danby Premiere 8.5 cu. ft. Upright Freezer - ENERGY STAR 5 years warranty 388$

Well Iw as looking at the Danby Freezer from Costco but I thought it was quite small and for the price I prefered this one.

It was 448$ when I purchased it and now it's 398$ + you can get a 10$ off coupon if you join their mnailing list. Plus there is a 1% cash back on RKTEN
38 replies
Jan 22, 2015
816 posts
1285 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Might have to go with this,
Been trying to find a garage ready upright one more around the 3-4 cu -ft size as it;s all we really need
but they are hard to find and cost more than this...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 4, 2012
8355 posts
8899 upvotes
good price for upright and garage ready and energy star rated
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2120 posts
1345 upvotes
Laval
Manual defrosting...
Apr 17, 2006
241 posts
268 upvotes
Freezer is great. I have mine in a non-heated garage, seems to work fine.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Got one of these for $378 from Best Buy back in September when they still had the 25% off energy rebate plus an additional 10% off. It's been great having the extra freezer space. Put it down in the basement in a storage room so it's out of the way.
Nov 24, 2018
765 posts
980 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
This was the exact problem I ask to my thermodynamic teacher.

Why the heck if your freezer is only capable to -17degree if the outside temperature (garage temp) falls below that?
I refer to the pop and juice machine that are staying outside.

Then you just open the freezer!!! turn the thing off until it gets warmer.
The pump and evaporator inside the fridge should be fine.

A fridge// freezer is an device to reject heat by taking it out of the interior space, if outside is colder, a freezer should do the reverse! by warming up the interior.
Nope... it doesn't have this type of thing exist on the market.
===========
Luckymobile (AC+BF deal), 20$ unlimited calls/ text + 3.25gig
Mar 15, 2009
680 posts
246 upvotes
Ontario
Is it safe to bring this freezer flat on its sides in the back of Van? I thought we have to keep freezers and fridges upright?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7613 posts
1105 upvotes
Natwork wrote: Is it safe to bring this freezer flat on its sides in the back of Van? I thought we have to keep freezers and fridges upright?
Pretty sure with devices like this, they need to sit upright for at least an hour before turning them on, but fuzzy on the time.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
Aug 21, 2012
966 posts
899 upvotes
Anyone know if plugging this into the same wall outlet as another chest freezer is allowed?
WOOOOOOOOOOO
Aug 5, 2005
443 posts
540 upvotes
Natwork wrote: Is it safe to bring this freezer flat on its sides in the back of Van? I thought we have to keep freezers and fridges upright?
Owners manual says for it to be transported upright, so take that as you will.. I'm sure it wouldn't be the first freezer to be transported on its side.
RockAndReligion wrote: Anyone know if plugging this into the same wall outlet as another chest freezer is allowed?
Not sure what you mean by 'allowed', but if you're asking if a 15amp outlet can handle both freezers, I'd say yes. Even if both compressors kick in at the same time, you likely won't be drawing 15 amps. But it does depend on your chest freezer (age, compressor size, etc..), and what else is on the circuit.
Jan 7, 2008
60 posts
10 upvotes
Thornhill
Happy13178 wrote: Pretty sure with devices like this, they need to sit upright for at least an hour before turning them on, but fuzzy on the time.
6 hours to settle apparently
Nov 13, 2016
436 posts
320 upvotes
mtlmonk wrote: Manual defrosting...
I've been waiting for a long time for any sort of deal on a freezer with auto defrost. Seems like they never go on sale.
Jan 7, 2008
60 posts
10 upvotes
Thornhill
HarryMuscle wrote: I've been waiting for a long time for any sort of deal on a freezer with auto defrost. Seems like they never go on sale.
How much time is defrost cycle? Frozen foods must be stored elsewhere during this time?
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ballfire wrote: How much time is defrost cycle? Frozen foods must be stored elsewhere during this time?
It takes probably less than 30 minutes to manually defrost the freezer. Frozen foods will likely stay frozen in that time. And just in case, pick a day in the winter time when it's -15 to -20C outside and you can just put the frozen food outside while you defrost.
Jan 7, 2008
60 posts
10 upvotes
Thornhill
rvs007 wrote: It takes probably less than 30 minutes to manually defrost the freezer. Frozen foods will likely stay frozen in that time. And just in case, pick a day in the winter time when it's -15 to -20C outside and you can just put the frozen food outside while you defrost.
... but how many times a year must this beast be defrosted? If twice or more, summer heat will be a challenge to avoid?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 29, 2007
6073 posts
6034 upvotes
No Bum Deals
HarryMuscle wrote:
I've been waiting for a long time for any sort of deal on a freezer with auto defrost. Seems like they never go on sale.
ballfire wrote: How much time is defrost cycle? Frozen foods must be stored elsewhere during this time?
Pros and cons with both types. The refrigerant runs in reverse through a valve to thaw the evap coil. uses more energy / can cause freezer burn.
. 🡻 ԀՈ ⅄∀Ϻ SIHꓕ 🡻