Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Home Depot - Deck and Fence Event, Save 10%

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2008 9:10 pm
Tags:
None
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1381 posts
130 upvotes
Markham
Good timing for staining my deck and paint my garage door.
torontodragon
All opinions expressed by me are mine and may not agree with my employer or any person, company, or thing, living or dead, on or near this or any other planet, moon, asteroid, or other spatial object, natural or manufactured
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10596 posts
15787 upvotes
GT-EH
Great timing - I need to waterproof my deck too.. anyone know which brand is better: BEHR or CIL? :confused:

I know Canadian Tire had a special buy on CIL stainers last weekend.

Does anyone know if Canadian Tire will issue rainchecks for them?
They seem to be sold out at the Woodbine/Major Mac location.

If not, then I'll pick them up here at HD.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2004
1163 posts
791 upvotes
CT definitely offers rainchecks. The nice thing is that you can also redeem that raincheck at another location if you find it there before it arrives at your local store.
GiOBoY wrote: Great timing - I need to waterproof my deck too.. anyone know which brand is better: BEHR or CIL? :confused:

I know Canadian Tire had a special buy on CIL stainers last weekend.

Does anyone know if Canadian Tire will issue rainchecks for them?
They seem to be sold out at the Woodbine/Major Mac location.

If not, then I'll pick them up here at HD.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7631 posts
2175 upvotes
Question about staining/waterproofing the fence. Since we all share the fence with our neighbours, do you guys simply water seal your side? What if your neighbours don't bother with their side? Isn't it then a waste of time to just protect one side?
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10596 posts
15787 upvotes
GT-EH
joeags wrote: CT definitely offers rainchecks. The nice thing is that you can also redeem that raincheck at another location if you find it there before it arrives at your local store.
I went yesterday and they refused to give me a raincheck for them. :(

It actually says "Sorry no rainchecks" on the flyer item. I guess I have no choice but to go to HD for the CIL deck wood stain.
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
22170 posts
825 upvotes
Newmarket
golden wrote: Question about staining/waterproofing the fence. Since we all share the fence with our neighbours, do you guys simply water seal your side? What if your neighbours don't bother with their side? Isn't it then a waste of time to just protect one side?
Thats a good point.
But I dont think that many people seal/stain fences other than for cosmetic looks. Water doesnt really collect on them, it runs off, so rot shouldnt be much of an issue for many years (I've had fences over 20 years old that were still in good condition, without any sealing/staining.). Most of us wont live more than 20 years in the same house, so who cares after that.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2005
1575 posts
92 upvotes
Collingwood
golden wrote: Question about staining/waterproofing the fence. Since we all share the fence with our neighbours, do you guys simply water seal your side? What if your neighbours don't bother with their side? Isn't it then a waste of time to just protect one side?
Talk to your neighbours... Split the cost... :)