Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Dewalt 20V Blower/Trimmer Combo $299 (HOT Extra 5A Battery!)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2016 1:43 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 21, 2011
121 posts
78 upvotes

[Home Depot] Dewalt 20V Blower/Trimmer Combo $299 (HOT Extra 5A Battery!)

Deal Link:
Pretty good price for two useful tools. Had the blower and it is powerful and the battery lasts good amount of time. Amazon sells $399.
Kit includes:
(1) DCST920B 20V Lithium Ion Brushless String Trimmer (Bare Tool),
(1) DCBL720B 20V Lithium Ion Brushless Blower (Bare Tool),
(2) DCB203 20V (2.0Ah) Lithium Ion Cordless Batteries,
(1) DCB101 Battery Charger.

July 17th Update: Thanks for the tip from etammer, there is a promotion to get an extra 5A battery with the combo! (Until August 24th)
See here home-depot-dewalt-20v-blower-trimmer-co ... 2001981/4/

Also some members use the competitors' promotion (Rona/Lowes 15%/20%) to bring down even more. YMMV.
95 replies
Jun 19, 2006
225 posts
154 upvotes
Should use 5.0ah battery with these guys

Wish it came with bare bones no batteries for 149-199
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2008
1767 posts
572 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
40v is the only way to go for blowers
Oct 11, 2004
845 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
I don't have the string trimmer but I do have the blower and its a really nice tool. The 2AH battery would be ok for small jobs but it really should be used with a larger battery. It works great for my uses which involves blowing grass clippings off the sidewalk, blowing leaves, blowing dust out of the garage, and blowing debris off the porch. It is also very useful for bugging your cat and children by blowing air on them from across the room.

Also have the hedge trimmer, circular saw, wet/dry vac, spiral saw, hammer drill and impact drill. All are great
Oct 11, 2004
845 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
priceman wrote: 40v is the only way to go for blowers
I am sure the 40V is much stronger, but the 20v gets the job done very well for me
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
2153 posts
1168 upvotes
Toronto
newdeal wrote: I am sure the 40V is much stronger, but the 20v gets the job done very well for me
agreed. mine is 20v with 5.0ah battery. works out perfectly.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2008
1767 posts
572 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
ligene15 wrote: Pretty good price for two useful tools. Had the blower and it is powerful and the battery lasts good amount of time. Amazon sells $399.
Kit includes:
(1) DCST920B 20V Lithium Ion Brushless String Trimmer (Bare Tool),
(1) DCBL720B 20V Lithium Ion Brushless Blower (Bare Tool),
(2) DCB203 20V (2.0Ah) Lithium Ion Cordless Batteries,
(1) DCB101 Battery Charger.
not to bash your deal but IMO the 40v tools are waaaaay better and there was recently a deal at Rona where each tool kit was $249 and came with a free extra battery....

so for $100 more you would have ended up with both 40 v tools , two chargers and four batteries! it's worth the $100 alone for the 40v alone.... the fact that you end up with four batteries instead of one and two chargers instead of one is that much sweeter

now... yes ... this Rona deal has passed but what goes around comes around... that deal may come back
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2008
1767 posts
572 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
woolo wrote: agreed. mine is 20v with 5.0ah battery. works out perfectly.
try the 40v,.. just amazing
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2011
1167 posts
551 upvotes
The 6ix
priceman wrote: 40v is the only way to go for blowers
Agreed. I got the 20v blower and it sucks. Haven't tried the 40v yet but I'm kinda committed to the 20v
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2011
1167 posts
551 upvotes
The 6ix
PokerRider wrote: Yeah, I picked it up at home depot last week....kicks ass compared to my WORX 20v ones.

I ordered the hedge trimmer with the 5ah for $199 from bc fasteners to compliment it (Free ship)
http://bcfasteners.com/shop/dewalt-dcht ... e-trimmer/

I'll use the 5ah in the trimmer and the 2ah in the others.
Cheaper at Jccayer.com if your willing to wait since it's on backorder

https://www.jccayer.com/Dewalt-DCHT820B ... AkTE8P8HAQ
[OP]
Oct 21, 2011
121 posts
78 upvotes
priceman wrote: not to bash your deal but IMO the 40v tools are waaaaay better and there was recently a deal at Rona where each tool kit was $249 and came with a free extra battery....

so for $100 more you would have ended up with both 40 v tools , two chargers and four batteries! it's worth the $100 alone for the 40v alone.... the fact that you end up with four batteries instead of one and two chargers instead of one is that much sweeter

now... yes ... this Rona deal has passed but what goes around comes around... that deal may come back
I saw the Rona deal but i had the 20V blower already. 40V is good but 20V has its place in the market as well. I do remember some posts in the Rona thread saying the tool is too large/heavy to handle (but it depends on the user/situation).
If anyone is looking for a mid range power gardening tool, it is a descent deal imo. I am in Edm and if anyone want to split the combo, feel free to pm me.
Cheers!
Jun 6, 2008
306 posts
31 upvotes
What do you guys use the blower for? Bought one last year from Lowe's with cordless lawn mover and trimmer. Still sitting in my garage.
No leaves near my house. And rake works fine on my lawn.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1145 posts
1502 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
I've been using the blower during winter to blow away the light snow...
My neighbor thinks I'm crazy, but it works...
Oct 11, 2004
845 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
hello2adi wrote: What do you guys use the blower for? Bought one last year from Lowe's with cordless lawn mover and trimmer. Still sitting in my garage.
No leaves near my house. And rake works fine on my lawn.
pretty much anywhere outside you might use a broom you could be using the blower and saving a bunch of time. If you never use a broom then you won't have a lot of use for the blower. blowing leaves off your lawn might make more of a mess than its worth, the rake is likely going to be better. This works best for cleaning pretty much any loose debris off of a hard surface...just like a broom would
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2008
1767 posts
572 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
newdeal wrote: pretty much anywhere outside you might use a broom you could be using the blower and saving a bunch of time. If you never use a broom then you won't have a lot of use for the blower. blowing leaves off your lawn might make more of a mess than its worth, the rake is likely going to be better. This works best for cleaning pretty much any loose debris off of a hard surface...just like a broom would
I have tons of interlocking brick... entire back yard and a verrrry long driveway.... I use it to blow all the leaves and debris out of the interlock brick area and up the driveway to the road where I scoop it up into yard waste bags... for this I need the 40V... I can do it all on one charge if it's done regularity but if I let it collect I need about 1.5 batteries...

get about 25-30 min at full speed on one charge
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2009
1073 posts
611 upvotes
East of Toronto
Looking at the Dewalt site the 40v models push 400 cfm at 120mph , the 20v also does 400 cfm but at 90mph.
Electrics have come a long way. Not that far off my Stihl BG-50 at 412 cfm and 159mph.

DBA for the 20v is 61, 67 for the 40v and 70 for my Stihl.
Oct 12, 2012
14 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
2ah batteries vs. 5ah if bought separately