Dewalt 20V MAX PREMIUM XR 6.0AH 2P $169

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2020 6:41 am
11 replies
Apr 10, 2019
508 posts
1042 upvotes
Ottawa
All stores are going to start clearing out that old stock slowly...better deals to come i think. Dewalt is going all in on their “Tool Connect” technology that came out a few months ago.
Jun 26, 2015
183 posts
284 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
GrumpyOne1 wrote: All stores are going to start clearing out that old stock slowly...better deals to come i think. Dewalt is going all in on their “Tool Connect” technology that came out a few months ago.
smart tools, that isn't a good trend. just excuses to milk more, track usage/collect data, introduce failure points
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
1160 posts
624 upvotes
Toronto
GrumpyOne1 wrote: All stores are going to start clearing out that old stock slowly...better deals to come i think. Dewalt is going all in on their “Tool Connect” technology that came out a few months ago.
Do they use the same batteries? I've been collecting Brushless tools. They better not make them obsolete!
Apr 28, 2007
331 posts
173 upvotes
Regina
Googling that seems to indicate "Tool Connect" came out in 2017? Is this a new and improved version?
Jul 7, 2016
237 posts
623 upvotes
Peel
This is perfect for us DIYers or Home Improvement type people who could care less to track our tool on an app. Hopefully we can score some solid deals on their 'old' gear.
Apr 21, 2020
185 posts
191 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
warrenz wrote: Googling that seems to indicate "Tool Connect" came out in 2017? Is this a new and improved version?
tool connect use to be a just an adapter add on with the battery, now it is built in with the batteries.
Apr 28, 2007
331 posts
173 upvotes
Regina
mawzi wrote: Do they use the same batteries? I've been collecting Brushless tools. They better not make them obsolete!
Based on their FAQ, I don't see how this would make the existing tools obsolete.... Certainly no expert though, and I only have 3 Dewalt tools...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5263 posts
6076 upvotes
Alberta
Tihor05 wrote: This is perfect for us DIYers or Home Improvement type people who could care less to track our tool on an app. Hopefully we can score some solid deals on their 'old' gear.
Agreed. The tool tracking is good for contractors and jobsites that experience theft. I'm also hoping for some great deals in the future on models without the smart features.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1590 posts
2367 upvotes
Kingston
We have had this price for almost 2 months now.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2372 posts
1587 upvotes
Kitchener
mawzi wrote: Do they use the same batteries? I've been collecting Brushless tools. They better not make them obsolete!
Def not this battery format is going to be around for a while. And worst case, say 5+ years later if they change, you know ppl will just 3d print an adapter lol :)
Sep 4, 2016
265 posts
364 upvotes
keyser-soze wrote: Def not this battery format is going to be around for a while. And worst case, say 5+ years later if they change, you know ppl will just 3d print an adapter lol :)
I think I've still seen the old dewalt nicad battery packs in store. They're crap but still made and sold.