[Home Depot] Dewalt Atomic brushless hammer drill/driver and impact driver kit

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2021 9:50 pm
[OP]
Apr 10, 2020
53 posts
33 upvotes

[Home Depot] Dewalt Atomic brushless hammer drill/driver and impact driver kit

Not sure if this is considered a good deal. For 229 this includes right angled attachment which itself is 30 bucks. Similar kit without the attachment is priced same at Home Depot as well
Last edited by RFDunknown on Jun 1st, 2021 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
15 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2007
2146 posts
1743 upvotes
Waterloo
Seems like a nice kit for compact and brushless - and the kit includes 1.5AH batteries, not 1.3AH that is commonly bundled with the single tool kits.
[OP]
Apr 10, 2020
53 posts
33 upvotes
Specs show 1.5 ah battery however the description shows 1.3 ah
Dec 14, 2005
172 posts
96 upvotes
The Atomic line is their budget collection. This set competes directly with Ryobi's compact brushless line which is about the same price. It comes down to which battery ecosystem you want to commit yourself to. Checkout the price of replacement batteries, as well as the price/availability of other cordless tools you may be interested in getting in the future to make your decision.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2005
5743 posts
3351 upvotes
Toronto
superfigz wrote: Seems like a nice kit for compact and brushless - and the kit includes 1.5AH batteries, not 1.3AH that is commonly bundled with the single tool kits.
If you need the tools drill/driver, right angle attachment than this is an ok kit if you need it right now, but if you're going to buy this thinking it's more compact/lighter than the "regular" non-atomic line of DeWalt don't bother.

The atomic drill/driver line is a failure as it offers no advantage vs the non-atomic.
:arrowd: B/S/T Threads :arrowd:
[FS] N/A
[WTB] N/A
Apr 11, 2020
208 posts
360 upvotes
Thumbs up for misspelling atomic in the most wonderful way.
Oct 6, 2018
374 posts
561 upvotes
Can you use these 'Atomic' batteries with non-Atomic tools?
Mar 8, 2013
22 posts
14 upvotes
Waterloo
Chipppy wrote: Can you use these 'Atomic' batteries with non-Atomic tools?
Absolutely, it's the same batteries.
[OP]
Apr 10, 2020
53 posts
33 upvotes
Damn! A couple days ago, I asked if 779 drill/driver is better than atomic and someone commented saying atomic line is better. I guess there is no universal agreement on which one is better
Sep 2, 2018
34 posts
55 upvotes
I wouldn’t say that there’s anything “wrong” with the Atomic line. It seems like the name has a lot of people confused as some think that atomic should mean powerful and some relate it to small and assume it is lightweight. It’s neither of those exactly, but it’s priced well and powerful enough for most people.
Mar 19, 2007
321 posts
159 upvotes
London
RFDunknown wrote: Specs show 1.5 ah battery however the description shows 1.3 ah
Both the picture and the specs shows 1.3 ah
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1046 posts
2136 upvotes
Canada
Not as hot as the 239.99 deal from Rona last year for the kit and a free tool. I'm sure that promotion will come back soon enough.....
Live a little
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2005
5743 posts
3351 upvotes
Toronto
Hudsonn wrote: I wouldn’t say that there’s anything “wrong” with the Atomic line. It seems like the name has a lot of people confused as some think that atomic should mean powerful and some relate it to small and assume it is lightweight. It’s neither of those exactly, but it’s priced well and powerful enough for most people.
Nope, it's a failure.

DeWalt claims
DESIGNED MORE COMPACT

The ATOMIC 20V MAX* Brushless 2-Tool Combo Kit fits in tight spaces without sacrificing performance. Get the job done with a Drill/Driver designed 25% more compact†† and an Impact Driver that delivers 21% more torque**.
https://www.dewalt.com/products/power-t ... 20v/atomic

They pick and choose what is more powerful and what is more compact and cherry pick the comparison tool, instead of having a standard across the atomic line, so it's not the people being confused but DeWalt doing the confusing.

I've got a lot of DeWalt stuff (as well as other brands) but the atomic line is a cluster ****.
:arrowd: B/S/T Threads :arrowd:
[FS] N/A
[WTB] N/A