Home Depot

Dewalt buy 20v max XR blower or chainsaw get 3A HR battery and charger free

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2022 7:23 am
[OP]
Aug 18, 2017
35 posts
90 upvotes

[Home Depot] Dewalt buy 20v max XR blower or chainsaw get 3A HR battery and charger free

Get a free charger and 3A hour battery free with purchase of the brushless blower or chainsaw.

With fall around the corner I'm in need of a blower and gave the dewalt kit. Is this a very hot deal or luke warm? I'm wondering if it's something I should go for first thing in morning or if it can wait til the weekend?
Last edited by Drewst18 on Sep 29th, 2022 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
101 replies
Sep 12, 2020
61 posts
165 upvotes
Definitely seems like a good deal, I would add a photo to the post. Check stock levels at your local store if they have 20+ of each item your probably fine to wait until the weekend.
Sep 20, 2010
415 posts
356 upvotes
Hamilton
Is this one of those deals where you can return the tool for a value and keep the battery, or vice versa?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5273 posts
3736 upvotes
Vancouver
kobe360 wrote: Is this one of those deals where you can return the tool for a value and keep the battery, or vice versa?
The battery value is higher than the blower. I would assume Home Depot would make it a bundle so you must return everything or keep everything. Otherwise a lot of people would return the tool for 50% off the battery.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
2399 posts
2423 upvotes
Ottawa
Paigne wrote: The battery value is higher than the blower. I would assume Home Depot would make it a bundle so you must return everything or keep everything. Otherwise a lot of people would return the tool for 50% off the battery.
You would think that but in-store purchases have been pro-rated for years
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5273 posts
3736 upvotes
Vancouver
cloak wrote: You would think that but in-store purchases have been pro-rated for years
Good way to get another battery then lol.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
2399 posts
2423 upvotes
Ottawa
Paigne wrote: Good way to get another battery then lol.
The values should be adjusted based on their price vs rest of the package.

So if the battery is more expensive, you'll get less than half back returning the tool. And the opposite if the tool is more expensive.

From previous deals, it seems some employees are a bit more strict despite partial refund value stated.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2003
10781 posts
3171 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I have the blower paired with 5Ah battery, would recommend. How is the chainsaw? Is it good?
Sep 23, 2010
63 posts
24 upvotes
Montreal
Have the chainsaw, paired with a 10Ah from my Dewalt Mower, I felt I could go on a week long trip in the north and build myself a log cabin.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2119 posts
255 upvotes
This thing looks big waste space in la house
Looking for something small to blow dust anyone recommend anything??Astonished Face....
I do have alots Dewalt tools
Chinese Food+MSG=Good Food :rolleyes:
Jul 1, 2020
198 posts
398 upvotes
chinese zzz wrote: This thing looks big waste space in la house
Looking for something small to blow dust anyone recommend anything??Astonished Face....
I do have alots Dewalt tools
Depending on your needs you could get a cheap compressed air blower (either a machine or can), but if you want something a bit stronger Dewalt also makes a compact blower ($179 at home depot right now), there was actually a pretty sweet deal posted on rfd last month for this product being 44$ if you changed your store, but unfortunately it doesn't work anymore. They have it for $124 at amazon though

Home Depot link
Amazon link
Link to original deal
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
2133 posts
1920 upvotes
Ontario
I was able to do a 10% price beat ($159 - 10% = $143.10) for the blower using:

https://www.mississaugahardware.com/pro ... ower-50ah/

Alternatively, you could try these other places:

https://www.atlas-machinery.com/dewalt/dcbl722b/
https://federatedtool.com/dewalt-dcbl72 ... tool-only/

It brought my subtotal down to $143.10 + HST. The return values were $88.07 + HST (Battery) and $55.03 + HST (Blower). Roughly $62 for the blower is a good deal I hope?

If you're eyeing the chainsaw, all three sites above also have it on sale for $209-210. A 10% price beat would bring the subtotal down to $188-189 + tax.

$209 - https://www.mississaugahardware.com/pro ... -tool-only (sorry, this one is out of stock)
$209 - https://federatedtool.com/dewalt-dccs62 ... tool-only/
$210 - https://www.atlas-machinery.com/dewalt/dccs620b
Virgin Plus ($35/20GB for 15 months)
Jul 3, 2003
150 posts
109 upvotes
Thank you for the details. I assume you bought this online and did the PM online? Can you tell me where you see the return values that you state? On my online order receipt, I just see the regular price + the free battery so it's not broken up like that. Thanks.
Aug 26, 2010
106 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
Just an FYI the 3Ah battery will not take you far with this blower, and frankly either will the 4. You need 5+ based off my experience.
Apr 10, 2019
510 posts
1043 upvotes
Ottawa
Smokecell wrote: Just an FYI the 3Ah battery will not take you far with this blower, and frankly either will the 4. You need 5+ based off my experience.
This. Not sure why they're offering those 2 tools with a 3Ah battery, they're just fishing for bad reviews.

My blower runs about 10min on a 3Ah battery. A solid half hour on a 5Ah. I can't blow my garage and 2 sidewalks on (1) 3Ah battery.
My chainsaw can do about 20-25 average cuts (4"-8") on a 3Ah and closer to 75 on a 5Ah.

If you plan on doing any real work with these high output tools (including the string trimmer) invest in a 9Ah battery which can now be had for about $250.
Nov 7, 2005
303 posts
8 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
hey i tried pm but they said since its a promotion with add on free battery no PM possible:(
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
2133 posts
1920 upvotes
Ontario
dolphindefense wrote: Thank you for the details. I assume you bought this online and did the PM online? Can you tell me where you see the return values that you state? On my online order receipt, I just see the regular price + the free battery so it's not broken up like that. Thanks.
The return trick only works for in-store purchases. Like you mentioned, there's no breakdown with an online receipt.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
2133 posts
1920 upvotes
Ontario
TypeSHhhh wrote: hey i tried pm but they said since its a promotion with add on free battery no PM possible:(
PM is always a YMMV with these promotions. Sometimes you need to try again another time if you think it's worth your time. The cashier who helped me didn't really seem to care so I lucked out there. When it's a big enough PM they'll need manager approval so I also lucked out there. The manager spent a good minute reviewing the request before approving it. Also, if neither of those stores are local to that HD location, you might only get a PM and not an additional 10% off.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
6808 posts
1025 upvotes
Ottawa
Will HD PM if you get a free battery and charger and the competitor does not? Also, if you don’t PM, is the blower at $209+tax with the free battery worth it?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)