Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Dewalt buy 20v max XR blower or chainsaw get 3A HR battery and charger free

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2022 7:23 am
Dec 15, 2017
206 posts
222 upvotes
Nanaimo
eclone wrote: I would go corded unless you really need cordless. I have a couple neighbors with this and watching them use it is like farting at the leaves.
Is that due to the weaker battery? Would a stronger battery on this blower make a difference?
I love the smell of savings in the morning...(PT).
Apr 19, 2004
962 posts
457 upvotes
Earth
I have the DeWalt blower. Works okay. For a quick dust off the two amp hour batteries are fine if you want to do a yard you need four or five amp hours. However if you have tons of leaves and lots of property go gas or go cord it. It's not bad but it's more of a toy almost. I have a gas and two corded blowers. I use the DeWalt almost every time I cut the grass and never use the other ones anymore
Jun 5, 2016
136 posts
225 upvotes
Was able to get the chainsaw PM 209 $ -10,% plus free battery
Nov 30, 2015
683 posts
829 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
I want to buy the chainsaw and battery online, I can add the chainsaw but the battery doesn't appear in the cart. When I add the battery in it comes up to over $500. Am I doing it wrong?
Aug 10, 2022
2 posts
GroverTime wrote: I want to buy the chainsaw and battery online, I can add the chainsaw but the battery doesn't appear in the cart. When I add the battery in it comes up to over $500. Am I doing it wrong?
They need to both be in-stock where you're ordering from, then it will auto add battery to cart. Battery OOS online so need both to be in-stock for local pickup.
Nov 30, 2015
683 posts
829 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
HolyWhiskers wrote: They need to both be in-stock where you're ordering from, then it will auto add battery to cart. Battery OOS online so need both to be in-stock for local pickup.
That sucks, nobody has the chainsaw near me. Not many chainsaws available in the province I guess due to Fiona.
Jan 15, 2017
354 posts
411 upvotes
caterpillar wrote: Returned battery and kept the chain saw. No questions asked.
what was the price you ended up paying after the return? I am interested in the chainsaw for jobs that getting the gas one out for is too much of a pain but I have a bunch of batteries and chargers already
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
2211 posts
2002 upvotes
Ontario
tomadams wrote: what was the price you ended up paying after the return? I am interested in the chainsaw for jobs that getting the gas one out for is too much of a pain but I have a bunch of batteries and chargers already
You can calculate it yourself by prorating the battery and chainsaw standalone values against the chainsaw price.

X = chainsaw standalone price (will vary if you price match, price beat or pay regular price)
Y = battery price ($229)

Price of X after returning Y = [X/(X+Y)] * X

Since the battery is worth more than 50% of the combined standalone values of the battery and the chainsaw, you'll get more than 50% back when you return the battery.
Virgin Plus ($35/20GB for 15 months)
Jan 5, 2007
421 posts
216 upvotes
chinese zzz wrote: This thing looks big waste space in la house
Looking for something small to blow dust anyone recommend anything??Astonished Face....
I do have alots Dewalt tools
dball77 wrote: If you already have Ryobi cordless tools, the RYOBI 18V ONE+ High Volume Power Inflator is an excellent compact cordless blower.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001063829
Late to respond but I have the Ryobi high volume power inflator but I also have a few DeWalt tools. Highly recommend if you don't mind the loud vacuum-like noise. I use a DeWalt battery adapter "DM18RL" with the Ryobi. Initially got the Ryobi for inflatables at the beach. For light work in the garage/workshop it is more convenient to use than the large shopvac or compressor based air duster I have.
Dec 18, 2016
223 posts
108 upvotes
Got leaf blower with extra battery for $150 including tax. Did price match with one of the random websites.
Jan 8, 2010
72 posts
22 upvotes
tomadams wrote: what was the price you ended up paying after the return? I am interested in the chainsaw for jobs that getting the gas one out for is too much of a pain but I have a bunch of batteries and chargers already
$85.45 after pricematch.
Apr 19, 2009
25 posts
17 upvotes
Spent an hour on the online chat trying to pricematch. They wouldn't do it. Said it wasn't the same offer. Their best offer was a 10% discount. :-(
Feb 19, 2009
607 posts
873 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
GrumpyOne1 wrote: This. Not sure why they're offering those 2 tools with a 3Ah battery, they're just fishing for bad reviews.

My blower runs about 10min on a 3Ah battery. A solid half hour on a 5Ah. I can't blow my garage and 2 sidewalks on (1) 3Ah battery.
My chainsaw can do about 20-25 average cuts (4"-8") on a 3Ah and closer to 75 on a 5Ah.

If you plan on doing any real work with these high output tools (including the string trimmer) invest in a 9Ah battery which can now be had for about $250.
I bought the Trimmer & blower combo that came with a 4ah battery.
My backyard is almost all trimming, but I can do it, blow down sidewalk, driveway, and path to my backyard with battery to spare.
Nov 30, 2015
683 posts
829 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
Ali0056 wrote: Got leaf blower with extra battery for $150 including tax. Did price match with one of the random websites.
Tried with the chainsaw online and they wouldnt do it. Said it was a BOGO promo so not eligible. Any secrets to your success?
Oct 1, 2012
110 posts
39 upvotes
Ordered the blower. Price matched this https://www.homedepot.ca/product/dewalt ... 1001447099 to this https://www.atlas-machinery.com/dewalt/dcbl722b/.

Got the free battery and the blower for $143.10 all in in Sherwood Park, Alberta. They did apply the 10% price beat discount as well.

Planning to return the battery + charger, will update with how that goes regarding the prorating.

Edit: Battery had a value of $0, so I'll list it on Kijiji/FB.
Last edited by dnaman182 on Oct 11th, 2022 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 30, 2015
683 posts
829 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
Ali0056 wrote: Try it again, it's not a BOGO promo, probably the person don't know what they are talking about.

Use this websites to pricematch.
https://wiselinetools.ca/products/dewal ... -bare-tool

GL
Tried twice now, no dice. Thanks though.

Edit: They popped into stock at my local HD and my wife was in the area. She just PMed it no problem in person. Price match to $209, no price beat. Good deal anyways!
Apr 19, 2004
962 posts
457 upvotes
Earth
Bought the Chain saw

$259 then PMed to $209
price beat 10% was $20.90
Battery return value was $103.27

Returned battery

with taxes
$212.55 - $116.69 = $95.86

$95.86 including taxes for the Chain saw only... thanks OP!