Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

Dewalt DWE7485 Jobsite Table Saw - PM with Lowes (others) for $314.10

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2022 11:30 am
Mar 1, 2017
446 posts
159 upvotes
dpvu wrote: Do not go cordless for a saw unless you have a really good reason. It's just so hard on batteries and they bog down so easily. I haven't used the Milwaukee but the reviews on the fence are iffy and that's the single most important thing for clean and accurate cuts.
Thanks for that. I’ll pull the trigger on this saw tomorrow then. The biggest issue is table saw often blows the switch on the electrical panel at clients’ homes - which is a PITA. But much more expensive for less reliable cuts does not sound like a good idea.
[OP]
Jun 1, 2017
742 posts
613 upvotes
Mississauga
mikefly wrote: Need a job site saw. Happy enough with the smaller blade. Debating between this and an m18.

Don’t think the price will get much better - but I don’t need to buy until April.
The M18 battery alone is the cost of this saw. I read the M18 needs at least a 9.0 to run properly
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
2343 posts
945 upvotes
London
mikefly wrote: Thanks for that. I’ll pull the trigger on this saw tomorrow then. The biggest issue is table saw often blows the switch on the electrical panel at clients’ homes - which is a PITA. But much more expensive for less reliable cuts does not sound like a good idea.
The Dewalts are extremely tough on circuits in my personal experience. They have a hard start that really pulls initial power and I could never get away with running saw and a small shop vac on same circuit at same time.

Otherwise I think Dewalts are the best. I picked up the large metabo job site last year and it's solid, but I know I'm missing something by not going Dewalt.
Dec 3, 2006
492 posts
289 upvotes
Craven
I found one of these in our local landfill. All it needed was a new cord end. With a masonry blade it cut and ripped 5 tons of Fusion stone for our front porch. Great saw.
Mar 1, 2017
446 posts
159 upvotes
projectman44 wrote: The M18 battery alone is the cost of this saw. I read the M18 needs at least a 9.0 to run properly
Really 2 batteries so that you can keep running when it's out.
Mar 1, 2017
446 posts
159 upvotes
Thanks OP, purchased. Does anyone have a reco for a compact mitre saw? Corded any brand, or cordless makita/milwaukee.
Dec 16, 2009
335 posts
116 upvotes
Hamilton
mikefly wrote: Thanks for that. I’ll pull the trigger on this saw tomorrow then. The biggest issue is table saw often blows the switch on the electrical panel at clients’ homes - which is a PITA. But much more expensive for less reliable cuts does not sound like a good idea.
Any workaround for that problem?
Mar 1, 2017
446 posts
159 upvotes
hank hill wrote: Any workaround for that problem?
Battery saw? Have found that going very slowly draws less power.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
5327 posts
2566 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
hank hill wrote: Any workaround for that problem?
There’s not much you can do for that other than ensure the saw is the only thing running on the circuit at the time.
Feb 7, 2007
337 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
tickyboy wrote: The Dewalts are extremely tough on circuits in my personal experience. They have a hard start that really pulls initial power and I could never get away with running saw and a small shop vac on same circuit at same time.

Otherwise I think Dewalts are the best. I picked up the large metabo job site last year and it's solid, but I know I'm missing something by not going Dewalt.
I've never once had this problem and I've ripped all sorts of lumber and material, both wet and dry and of all lengths/thicknesses/densities.
Jul 13, 2010
479 posts
151 upvotes
timestop wrote: shocking that home depot bumped their prices to $500, this is not a $500 saw

i bought the 10" a couple of years ago for $300, it is a good saw, as i would imagine this 8.25" saw is
that width adjustment knob will spoil you, dewalt makes the best corded tools

good deal op, act now before inflation continues to erode your savings
Agree with timestop, got the DWE7480 (10 inch version) for $270 plus tax in March 2019 (after pricematch at HD). Prices seem to be skyrocketing.
Mar 1, 2017
446 posts
159 upvotes
dealhunter4life wrote: Prices seem to be skyrocketing.
The cost of shipping anything has gone up a lot. We will see increased prices on everything I think.
Sep 14, 2021
10 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Saw anoffer on Lowes website, $30 off for $340 spending or more, together with my credit card offer (5% statement credit) it looks like a better deal than HD, thanks!
Only take Ultra 94!😎
[OP]
Jun 1, 2017
742 posts
613 upvotes
Mississauga
elfion wrote: Is the deal dead?
Seems like Lowes pulled it off their site. WTF

The next best thing i guess is pricing matching with amazon ($398) currently
Jul 19, 2021
75 posts
401 upvotes
elfion wrote: Is the deal dead?
lowes is coming up product unavailable

i checked home depot online at my local store and it was indeed $499, but i know i saw them in-store for $348

so i was there (hd) today, and they were still $348, so i grabbed one
i'll return my other 10" table saw (not a dewalt), as it is not quite an accurate fence, esp on 8' rips

i can upload today's receipt for a price match if anyone wants

if you are popping the breakers with any 15amp tool and an extension cord, and the circuit is dedicated, use a 12/2 extension cord
Last edited by timestop on Jan 16th, 2022 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 25, 2020
164 posts
285 upvotes
I have a feeling they pulled from their site so they don't lose business to HD with the price match. Almost every store has stock and definitely not clearance priced.

It's funny because I have it in my cart on Lowe's and can still proceed to purchase.
Dec 9, 2010
104 posts
52 upvotes
Scarborough
WalletNotSafe wrote: I have a feeling they pulled from their site so they don't lose business to HD with the price match. Almost every store has stock and definitely not clearance priced.

It's funny because I have it in my cart on Lowe's and can still proceed to purchase.
They know how to play with customers. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
7015 posts
7132 upvotes
Downtown Canada
WalletNotSafe wrote: I have a feeling they pulled from their site so they don't lose business to HD with the price match. Almost every store has stock and definitely not clearance priced.

Can I buy at Lowe's, bring the receipt to HD and do the price match, return to Lowe's after PM?
Telus $30/25GB X 4 lines Non shareable
$0 200 USA LD min/month X 4 lines
$0 Visual Voicemail X 4 lines

Fringe Minority

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)