Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

Dewalt DWE7485 Jobsite Table Saw - PM with Lowes (others) for $314.10

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2022 11:30 am
Sep 21, 2019
429 posts
924 upvotes
I was debating this but ended up grabbing a 10in version from kijiji for 300 for the interchangeability of blades with my mitre saw. Machine looked like new and guy probably used it for a total of 40 minutes then it sat in a box in his garage for a couple years. The 10in now is only sold with the mobile stand and the sale price is 729 plus tax
Sep 11, 2013
188 posts
189 upvotes
Vaughan
timestop wrote: shocking that home depot bumped their prices to $500, this is not a $500 saw

i bought the 10" a couple of years ago for $300, it is a good saw, as i would imagine this 8.25" saw is
that width adjustment knob will spoil you, dewalt makes the best corded tools

good deal op, act now before inflation continues to erode your savings
Home depot plays with their prices ALOT.

I wanted a Milwaukee Circular M18, On week it was 129 while kijiji guys were selling for 115, I held out.
Next week the same saw was 178.

Fully expect a different price next week.
May 25, 2020
165 posts
285 upvotes
TransporterSD wrote: Can I buy at Lowe's, bring the receipt to HD and do the price match, return to Lowe's after PM?
I would think so; just extra effort.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2002
1201 posts
295 upvotes
Oakville
Bbrown3979 wrote: I was debating this but ended up grabbing a 10in version from kijiji for 300 for the interchangeability of blades with my mitre saw. Machine looked like new and guy probably used it for a total of 40 minutes then it sat in a box in his garage for a couple years. The 10in now is only sold with the mobile stand and the sale price is 729 plus tax
Would seem like a pain to go this route. I suppose if you were in a bind and couldnt get a replacement blade quickly you could swap out the blade between the two. But to just use the same blades between the two tools - no thanks.

That said, I find you can find these on kijij for a good price because a lot of people buy these for a one project and then dont need them anymore.

Personally I'm debating on getting this one or not. Anyone use these to cut actual hardwood like ash, hickory, walnut, maple, etc...? I have a cheaper jobsite saw and it really bogs down when trying to cut anything outside of regular SPF and plywood.
Sep 21, 2019
429 posts
924 upvotes
KennyX wrote: Would seem like a pain to go this route. I suppose if you were in a bind and couldnt get a replacement blade quickly you could swap out the blade between the two. But to just use the same blades between the two tools - no thanks.

That said, I find you can find these on kijij for a good price because a lot of people buy these for a one project and then dont need them anymore.

Personally I'm debating on getting this one or not. Anyone use these to cut actual hardwood like ash, hickory, walnut, maple, etc...? I have a cheaper jobsite saw and it really bogs down when trying to cut anything outside of regular SPF and plywood.
Honestly I just like only having one size blade in my workshop. I usually just buy blades when I find them on clearance and there seems to be an abundance of 10in vs the 8 1/4. I probably have 6 or 7 extra blades so I'm not swapping between tools, its just for convenience.
Jul 19, 2021
75 posts
401 upvotes
it seems like most manufacturers have these smaller blade table saws for the construction site kids
hopefully that will mean more, and cheaper, 8 1/4" blades coming into the flow

i'll be putting my dewalt to the test as i have a house to do with custom-ripped board and batten siding
should be fun

i know most of us know,
but my first table saw bit me good without the guard in place, please have respect for their potential
it occurred so fast i did not even know what was happening, the blood was a good hint though
Sep 11, 2013
188 posts
189 upvotes
Vaughan
timestop wrote: it seems like most manufacturers have these smaller blade table saws for the construction site kids
hopefully that will mean more, and cheaper, 8 1/4" blades coming into the flow

i'll be putting my dewalt to the test as i have a house to do with custom-ripped board and batten siding
should be fun

i know most of us know,
but my first table saw bit me good without the guard in place, please have respect for their potential
it occurred so fast i did not even know what was happening, the blood was a good hint though
Its one of the reasons im scared to buy a table saw... The kickback can be unforgiving.... I keep hearing that circular saws are equally dangerous but theres something psychologically easing about
the blade pointing down.
Dec 28, 2021
14 posts
4 upvotes
edge1986 wrote: Its one of the reasons im scared to buy a table saw... The kickback can be unforgiving.... I keep hearing that circular saws are equally dangerous but theres something psychologically easing about
the blade pointing down.
No need to be scared. Just respect the tool. Learn its (and your) limitations, and be careful. Watch YouTube videos, there are a lot of safety measures and tips to keep your fingers. General rule is to keep your fingers at least 6" from the blade. Use push blocks, sleds, etc which will greatly decrease possibility of kickback. Keep the riving knife, and maybe even the guard that comes factory on all saws now.

I was in the same boat as you months ago, but I've learned since. It opens up a world of possibilities for woodworking!
Sep 11, 2013
188 posts
189 upvotes
Vaughan
Rickybobbie77 wrote: No need to be scared. Just respect the tool. Learn its (and your) limitations, and be careful. Watch YouTube videos, there are a lot of safety measures and tips to keep your fingers. General rule is to keep your fingers at least 6" from the blade. Use push blocks, sleds, etc which will greatly decrease possibility of kickback. Keep the riving knife, and maybe even the guard that comes factory on all saws now.

I was in the same boat as you months ago, but I've learned since. It opens up a world of possibilities for woodworking!
The fingers thing isnt a big issue for me. Im used to it from using a chop saw but the kick backs is a bit of a mental thing. I worked in a wood shop that refused to use guards or riving knives at all.
Watching guys use the table saws and shit flying everywhere kind of got to me a bit.

How effective are the guards?
Dec 28, 2021
14 posts
4 upvotes
edge1986 wrote: The fingers thing isnt a big issue for me. Im used to it from using a chop saw but the kick backs is a bit of a mental thing. I worked in a wood shop that refused to use guards or riving knives at all.
Watching guys use the table saws and shit flying everywhere kind of got to me a bit.

That's scary, and I'm glad that was past tense!

I would say very effective. I've had a couple of small kickbacks but that was because I was stupid and didn't wait for the blade to come to a full stop. The riving knife is a 100% must have as it keeps the wood away from the spinning blade after it cuts it. I use the saw without the plastic guard on top of it, and so far, knock on wood, no accidents. As long as you know how and where to apply the right pressure, have the right jigs, etc, you should be fine. Also, never stand behind where the kickback could happen (between blade and fence, for example).
Aug 23, 2001
390 posts
461 upvotes
NS
edge1986 wrote: The fingers thing isnt a big issue for me. Im used to it from using a chop saw but the kick backs is a bit of a mental thing. I worked in a wood shop that refused to use guards or riving knives at all.

Keep the safety devices installed and don't stand in front of the piece passing between the blade and the fence. You'll be OK!
Aug 31, 2017
87 posts
304 upvotes
Vancouver
Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 11.45.37 AM.png
Lowes no longer has the product avail with price. Can't PM :(
Jul 19, 2021
75 posts
401 upvotes

the guards are very good when used, they stop any material from kicking back towards you
wait for the blade to stop before removing any scrap material/dust/debris

my mistake was pushing some sheet material through that had dust from previous cuts on it (of course, one of the last cuts that day)
so without the guard in place, the hand keeping the material tight against the fence slipped right on to the blade
thankfully the blade was not too high above the material and just cut the tips off three fingers (now i rarely cut without a guard)

circular saws are nice too, but you can't get the same straight cut as a table saw, and the material is better supported on a table saw
most circular saw kickbacks are improperly supported material (good vid below on circular saw basics)

[OP]
Jun 1, 2017
742 posts
614 upvotes
Mississauga
elfion wrote: does this mean that if I go there it will be available at this price? can I then take a photo and take it to HD?
I would say yes if you have a pic, same as showing them the ad on your phone
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
1520 posts
988 upvotes
projectman44 wrote: I would say yes if you have a pic, same as showing them the ad on your phone
OK maybe I will call them to see if they have any on the shelf. I have to drive to another town to see in person :(