Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

Dewalt DWS780 Mitre Saw - $599 (1 location only - Curity)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2020 2:59 pm
[OP]
Apr 19, 2017
17 posts
6 upvotes

[Home Depot] Dewalt DWS780 Mitre Saw - $599 (1 location only - Curity)

For some reason, this 1 store location in Toronto (7 Curity Ave) is selling this Dewalt mitre saw for $599. If you change "My Store" to any other location, the online price changes to $849. I checked the SKU on stocktrack and the same thing is confirmed (https://stocktrack.ca/?s=hd&sku=1000729685).

Ordered 1 for in-store pickup last week and picked it up this past weekend. It's probably overkill for DIY purposes but I split the cost with my brother-in-law so it made sense for us. Showing as 5 in stock currently.
14 replies
Aug 26, 2008
186 posts
73 upvotes
Barrie
Tempting. I've been considering this saw or the Bosch Axial glide. It's $649 on Amazon Prime atm, so only $50 more. I don't _need_ the saw right now and there might be a decent event on at Lowes soon. Plus I kind of want to wait til Black Friday and see what kind of deals there are on Mitre Saws and Table Saws. Kind of want/need a stand so a decent deal with a throw in stand would be nice.

I expect these to be scooped up by the morning, it looks like you order these for delivery if you set your store to Curity. Shame the 5% rakuten is gone.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2016
1544 posts
1144 upvotes
These saws go for lower, if you can wait. I picked mine up for around sub $500 with a stand.
Sep 16, 2017
253 posts
328 upvotes
Toronto
Wait for Rona. Last year they hit 420 I believe.
[OP]
Apr 19, 2017
17 posts
6 upvotes
paintballdude05 wrote: These saws go for lower, if you can wait. I picked mine up for around sub $500 with a stand.
Wow.. that's an amazing deal. I saw a thread from back in 2018 with a similar deal (under $500 with a free stand) but decided to jump on this for the certainty.
Jan 31, 2008
14 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
save the receipt, free stand is offered occasionally, you can claim later ... done it last year ... price can go lower, especially with price match rona/lowes
Sep 12, 2011
273 posts
269 upvotes
Ottawa
cjfnba wrote: Wait for Rona. Last year they hit 420 I believe.
Can confirms got mine price matched with rona for ~ 400$
Aug 26, 2008
186 posts
73 upvotes
Barrie
DoBoY1 wrote: Can confirms got mine price matched with rona for ~ 400$
Glad I decided not to jump on it last night. I had an inkling there was probably a better deal to be had by waiting. And while I'm sure I could find some things to use it for, I don't have a strong need for it right at the moment. Will be nice to have when we do my dad's deck next summer though. And for if/when I eventually get to set up a woodshop in the garage...if I can figure out how to make a wood shop work in an oversized 1 car garage while still being able to store the car in the winter..
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1330 posts
839 upvotes
Vancouver
If it's just a hobby saw, consider getting the Milwaukee one that's currently on sale for $498 with free stand...people have gotten it for $343 if you successfully return the free stand.
Jun 5, 2012
347 posts
531 upvotes
NEPEAN
I've said this before - The XPS cross-cut positioning system is worth its weight in gold. Such a simple notion but what a great idea to make perfectly-lined cuts. Just another thought on the Milwaukee for those interested - it's extremely heavy. It was at the time the main reason I avoided it.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2016
1544 posts
1144 upvotes
Velvetsmack wrote: I've said this before - The XPS cross-cut positioning system is worth its weight in gold. Such a simple notion but what a great idea to make perfectly-lined cuts. Just another thought on the Milwaukee for those interested - it's extremely heavy. It was at the time the main reason I avoided it.
I had the milwaukee first, then went Dewalt. Much nicer saw for the money. For miter saws, Dewalt is very hard to beat.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1330 posts
839 upvotes
Vancouver
Velvetsmack wrote: I've said this before - The XPS cross-cut positioning system is worth its weight in gold. Such a simple notion but what a great idea to make perfectly-lined cuts. Just another thought on the Milwaukee for those interested - it's extremely heavy. It was at the time the main reason I avoided it.
No one said the DeWalt wasn't better. The op is just a diy user, so he's probably looking for the best bang for the buck. The Milwaukee can be had for $342 right now vs $599 for the dws780.

As for weight, all 12" sliding mitre saws are heavy weights. The Milwaukee does weigh more, but it shouldn't matter so much if it sits in the shop and never moves or if it's mounted on a wheeled gravity stand. You don't buy a 12" sliding saw portability.
Jun 18, 2020
44 posts
47 upvotes
Hi Guys - similar to topic saw - anyone ever seen the DHS790AB (or DHS790AT2) on sale?
This is the 120V cordless version exactly the same as this thread original topic saw DWS780 same spec but can be plugged in OR use batteries (2x60V flexvolt batteries for 120V).
Since I have several dewalt flexvolt 60V tools i'm about to pull the trigger on this, i've been watching it for over a year and never ever saw a sale on this model DHS790 - if you have please do post and let us know!
its $949 at home depot bare tool (saw + AC adapter). I have plenty of batteries already.
Aug 26, 2008
186 posts
73 upvotes
Barrie
skipper2000 wrote: Hi Guys - similar to topic saw - anyone ever seen the DHS790AB (or DHS790AT2) on sale?
This is the 120V cordless version exactly the same as this thread original topic saw DWS780 same spec but can be plugged in OR use batteries (2x60V flexvolt batteries for 120V).
Since I have several dewalt flexvolt 60V tools i'm about to pull the trigger on this, i've been watching it for over a year and never ever saw a sale on this model DHS790 - if you have please do post and let us know!
its $949 at home depot bare tool (saw + AC adapter). I have plenty of batteries already.
I didn't know the DeWalt cordless had a cord ability. That's cool. For me not worth the extra cost but that's pretty useful
Oct 31, 2018
1 posts
skipper2000 wrote: Hi Guys - similar to topic saw - anyone ever seen the DHS790AB (or DHS790AT2) on sale?
It looks like Amazon has had it for ~$760 as recently as May / June 2019 but it's been some time since they've even had it in stock.

https://ca.***************.com/product/B01HBXHHXG

Interesting to see that it even exists though. I'm waiting on a 780 sale and I had no idea!