Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Dewalt DXV10S Stainless Wet/Dry Vacuum $98

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2020 10:47 am
[OP]
Member
Nov 27, 2014
237 posts
197 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Home Depot] Dewalt DXV10S Stainless Wet/Dry Vacuum $98

Bought one of these Dewalt Stainless Steel Wet/Dry vacuums at Home Depot yesterday, for only $98 which I think is an excellent price. Home Depot US sells it for US$160 and Amazon Canada sells it for $169 and the lowest it's ever been at Amazon was $149.

Plenty of stock at most Home Depot stores, and available online.
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 30th, 2020 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: added price to title
51 replies
Member
User avatar
Aug 31, 2012
332 posts
177 upvotes
CONCORD
Looks like the rigid wet/dry is going back to homedepot.
Jr. Member
Oct 10, 2011
139 posts
63 upvotes
Niagara
Was thinking the same (just received notification my Rigid is ready to pick up). Not sure, looking closer. This one 10 gal, 5 hp vs the Ridgid 16 gal, 5 hp. The stainless worth the difference? Anything else to consider?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 29, 2003
5076 posts
3842 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I love my Rigid. I would never buy another brand. I've done a few major renos and the Rigid has been amazing.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 13, 2008
3204 posts
3219 upvotes
Oakville
globalstar66 wrote: Bought one of these Dewalt Stainless Steel Wet/Dry vacuums at Home Depot yesterday, for only $98 which I think is an excellent price. Home Depot US sells it for US$160 and Amazon Canada sells it for $169 and the lowest it's ever been at Amazon was $149.

Plenty of stock at most Home Depot stores, and available online.
I love Rigid and Dewalt, and have both sets of tools (redundant)

But for Vacuums, I also respect Shop Vac, and this one if cheaper, larger, and more powerful as well as stainless steel:

https://www.lowes.ca/product/shop-vacuu ... uum-549713

Shop-Vac 12-Gallon 6-Peak-HP Shop Vacuum

$89
Last edited by zdpz on Apr 30th, 2020 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Newbie
Dec 3, 2011
30 posts
7 upvotes
DUNDAS
I agree, I have a Ridgid shopvac and wont ever switch to a different brand.
Member
User avatar
Aug 31, 2012
332 posts
177 upvotes
CONCORD
FreddyK13 wrote: Was thinking the same (just received notification my Rigid is ready to pick up). Not sure, looking closer. This one 10 gal, 5 hp vs the Ridgid 16 gal, 5 hp. The stainless worth the difference? Anything else to consider?
I can't remember the last time I filled up a wet/dry vac and I'm leaning towards the smaller over all size of the dewalt but mind you the utility bag may negate that.

The hose is identical on both the rigid has a longer power cord 15 vs 10'.

The following video seems similar minus the upgraded hose.

Member
User avatar
Aug 31, 2012
332 posts
177 upvotes
CONCORD
zdpz wrote: I love Rigid and Dewalt, and have both sets of tools (redundant)

But for Vacuums, I also respect Shop Vac, and this one if cheaper, larger, and more powerful as well as stainless steel:

https://www.lowes.ca/product/shop-vacuu ... uum-549713

Shop-Vac 12-Gallon 6-Peak-HP Shop Vacuum

$89
Careful with this unit as it has an 1 1/4" hose and the clamp system that detaches easily first had experience. The engine failed on me within a two year period but I did use it on a considerable amount of drywall dust.
[OP]
Member
Nov 27, 2014
237 posts
197 upvotes
Calgary, AB
zdpz wrote: I love Rigid and Dewalt, and have both sets of tools (redundant)

But for Vacuums, I also respect Shop Vac, and this one if cheaper, larger, and more powerful as well as stainless steel:

https://www.lowes.ca/product/shop-vacuu ... uum-549713

Shop-Vac 12-Gallon 6-Peak-HP Shop Vacuum

$89
That's a great price too. Was at my local Lowes yesterday before going to HD, but they didn't have any decent vacuums, so ended up buying the Dewalt. The Dewalt seems to have very good reviews too. So happy with my purchase.
Jr. Member
Oct 9, 2019
150 posts
169 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Price in the title please OP.
Member
Jan 29, 2020
412 posts
401 upvotes
If only I hadn't bought 3 filters for my Ridgid last month. But I see a lot of Ridgid filters everytime I go to HD, also replacement parts like the wing nut that secures the filter. Probably better off with the Ridgid.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1021 posts
431 upvotes
Vancouver
I agree, I have 3 ridgid shop vacs of various sizes and they all work very well.

On a side note, ridgid used to sell a shop vac where the motor could be detached for use as a leaf blower. I recently realized there's another big benefit to this design. The ability to detach the motor means the entire shop vac canister can be hosed down/washed without damaging the motor. On conventional shop vacs, you can't clean the head easily.
Last edited by turbo_slug on Apr 30th, 2020 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2520 posts
793 upvotes
How loud is it, I'd like to use for dust removal, well not dust but for tool cutting wood,etc
[OP]
Member
Nov 27, 2014
237 posts
197 upvotes
Calgary, AB
vodka wrote: How loud is it, I'd like to use for dust removal, well not dust but for tool cutting wood,etc
Watch the video that was posted in post #7. It's almost 3db quieter than a Rigid he tests, and the same as the Dyson Ball upright vac, so not loud at all....
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 22, 2008
712 posts
86 upvotes
London
which Rigid vac is everyone referring to?
Jr. Member
Oct 10, 2011
139 posts
63 upvotes
Niagara
SquadG wrote: Ridgid is lifetime warranty with no registration required for vaccums, just my 2 cents..
Thanks. Didn't realize this. Sealed the deal for me. Will keep the Ridgid.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 17, 2003
1842 posts
619 upvotes
Edmonton
I got the DXV14P back for 89 at Lowe's clearance. Bit better deal with more power bit I think this is a good price. FYI my DeWalt is much much quieter than my smaller older craftsman or ridgid

R U PACKIN HEAT
?

Top