• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2023 4:32 pm
[OP]
Aug 4, 2003
533 posts
35 upvotes
Aurora

[Home Depot] DEWALT FLEXTORQ 4-IN-1 MODULAR RIGHT-ANGLE SYSTEM $36+tax after PM

This "may" be a repost as the deal has been mentioned in another similar thread. listing out more detail here for better visibility.

Homedepot has the Dewalt FLEXTORQ 4-1 at $54.98
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/dewalt ... 1001610655

Atlas has it at $39.99
https://www.atlas-machinery.com/dewalt/dwamrasetft/

PM+10% comes out to $35.99+tax

If you are in BC, BC fasteners have it at $39, saving you another 90 cents.
https://bcfasteners.com/shop/dewalt-dwa ... le-system/

PM through chat was smooth and approved without problem.

Plenty of stock in store all around
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=hd&sku=1001610655

DeWalt-DWAMRASETFT-Flextorq-Modular-Right-Angle-System[1].jpg

Overview
Model # DWAMRASETFT Store SKU # 1001610655

Accomplish a variety of applications on the jobsite with one system. The 4-IN-1 Modular Right-Angle System transforms to quickly switch between a Compact Right Angle, Standard Right Angle, Right Angle Flexshaft, and Straight Flexshaft. It withstands the power of todays impact drivers with the metal gearcase design and can access tight spaces with its short 1.5 in. height.

10X LONGER LIFE with its long-life gears
ULTIMATE ACCESSIBILITY: 1.5 in. head height
STRONG: Impact ready for the strength to stand up to the power of today's impact drivers
ONE-HANDED USE: Rare Earth magnet retains fastener for easy one-handed use
DURABILITY AND CONVENIENCE: Metal gearcase with quick bit ejection adds durability and convenience to any jobsite
COMFORT AND CONTROL: Patented handled designed (Flexshaft and modular handle) to reduce vibration
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2824 posts
2628 upvotes
I bought this over the simpler ones because I'm not a professional and I don't know exactly what I need, so I like the many features this provides. I used it for 1 difficult task that would have required more rework if I didn't buy it. I'm glad I have it now for other weird tasks that come up. It comes with no storage container and is a nuisance to store because it's long, has lots of weird shapes, and is probably a little fragile. The documentation is just a graphic printed on the packaging.

One of the negative reviews says that they bought 50 for a work site and it didn't fit their needs, and I would agree with their criticisms and say that it's probably not for building a skyscraper. But it's good for a regular handyperson. It's a good compromise between features, functionality, and cost. For context, $20 on amazon will get you something that can drive a screw at a right angle, but this can do more than that.

Since the documentation for this is terrible, I'll explain what it does. There are 3 handles for 4 modes of operation. 1) The little perpendicular handle attaches to the 90-degree head, then the head goes into the drill/driver. 2) The medium-size handle attaches to the 90-degree head, and the handle itself goes into the drill/driver. 3) The long flexible handle can slide back, exposing the bit socket, and operate alone without the 90-degree head, and 4) The long flex handle can slide forward and attach to the 90-degree head. I've used all the modes and I think they're good. Bits seat deeply in the 90-degree, so there's a hole in the back of it just wide enough to press a phillips head or random screw inside to push the bit out the front. The little perpendicular handle is... little... but being cheap and small is a feature of this product, not a bug. It works for what it does, and that's all it needs to do.

My only criticism is that because it's so complicated and unusual, it should come with a little laminated instruction card and a soft case with elastic loops to hold each part. I have to store it in a big ziploc freezer bag, haha.
Last edited by Loomy on Jan 24th, 2023 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
4504 posts
2297 upvotes
Ontario
Loomy wrote: I bought this over the simpler ones because I'm not a professional and I don't know exactly what I need, so I like the many features this provides. I used it for 1 difficult task that would have required more rework if I didn't buy it. I'm glad I have it now for other weird tasks that come up. It comes with no storage container and is a nuisance to store because it's long, has lots of weird shapes, and is probably a little fragile. The documentation is just a graphic printed on the packaging.

One of the negative reviews says that they bought 50 for a work site and it didn't fit their needs, and I would agree with their criticisms and say that it's probably not for building a skyscraper. But it's good for a regular handyperson. It's a good compromise between features, functionality, and cost. For context, $20 on amazon will get you something that can drive a screw at a right angle, but this can do more than that.

Since the documentation for this is terrible, I'll explain what it does. There are 3 handles for 4 modes of operation. 1) The little perpendicular handle attaches to the 90-degree head, which then the head goes into the drill/driver. 2) The medium-size handle attaches to the 90-degree head, and the handle itself goes into the drill/driver. 3) The long flexible handle can slide back, exposing the bit socket, and operate alone without the 90-degree head, and 4) The long flex handle can slide forward and attach to the 90-degree head. I've used all the modes and I think they're good. The little perpendicular handle is... little... but being cheap and small is a feature of this product, not a bug. It works for what it does, and that's all it needs to do.

My only criticism is that because it's so complicated and unusual, it should come with a little laminated instruction card and a soft case with elastic loops to hold each part. I have to store it in a big ziploc freezer bag, haha.
Very helpful thank you.

I bought the $20 right angle unit instead, wasn't sure if I needed all the extra accessories
Feb 11, 2022
273 posts
618 upvotes
Loomy wrote: I bought this over the simpler ones because I'm not a professional and I don't know exactly what I need, so I like the many features this provides. I used it for 1 difficult task that would have required more rework if I didn't buy it. I'm glad I have it now for other weird tasks that come up. It comes with no storage container and is a nuisance to store because it's long, has lots of weird shapes, and is probably a little fragile. The documentation is just a graphic printed on the packaging.

Since the documentation for this is terrible, I'll explain what it does. There are 3 handles for 4 modes of operation. 1) The little perpendicular handle attaches to the 90-degree head, then the head goes into the drill/driver. 2) The medium-size handle attaches to the 90-degree head, and the handle itself goes into the drill/driver. 3) The long flexible handle can slide back, exposing the bit socket, and operate alone without the 90-degree head, and 4) The long flex handle can slide forward and attach to the 90-degree head. I've used all the modes and I think they're good. Bits seat deeply in the 90-degree, so there's a hole in the back of it just wide enough to press a phillips head or random screw inside to push the bit out the front. The little perpendicular handle is... little... but being cheap and small is a feature of this product, not a bug. It works for what it does, and that's all it needs to do.

For some, the video could be more helpful
Mar 4, 2014
370 posts
657 upvotes
ingridis wrote: For some, the video could be more helpful
The music really sells it for me. I am PUMPED to screw in some fasteners.
Feb 7, 2007
379 posts
284 upvotes
Toronto

I have this and a few of the other DeWalt right angle bits.

This one is for low torque applications in very tight spots. Great for kitchen cabinet repairs or installations where space is very limited but you can get a hand in to support whatever you're screwing in.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)