Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

DEWALT MAXFIT Screwdriver Set (15-Piece) - $8.78 (60% OFF) - clearance/price error?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 28th, 2020 8:41 am
[OP]
Jul 7, 2016
232 posts
603 upvotes
Peel

[Home Depot] DEWALT MAXFIT Screwdriver Set (15-Piece) - $8.78 (60% OFF) - clearance/price error?

Was at Home Depot from my weekly run and thought I'd grab a new screwdriver to throw in my tool box while I was there. Picked up a few different ones to price check, and was honestly confused when this scanned in at $8.78. I asked the cashier to double check and she said it was correct - needless to say I bought it!

I checked stocktrack and inventory seems to be very low (maybe this is a clearance item?), but if this available locally, it's definitely worth grabbing!

Currently in stock at amazon for $30!
https://www.amazon.ca/DEWALT-15-Piece-M ... B07QGHJWX9
Images
  • 20200726_082827.jpg
  • HD dewalt.jpg
21 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2005
1118 posts
813 upvotes
Waterloo
I'll admit I found this set for that price June 1 in Huntsville and forgot to post about it.

I also picked up a couple of Husky multi-bit ratcheting screwdrivers for $5 each that they had https://www.homedepot.ca/product/husky- ... 1001155211

On both your receipt and mine the Dewalt just rang up at that price, no yellow tag discount taken at register so may be system wide.
[OP]
Jul 7, 2016
232 posts
603 upvotes
Peel
Glad you didn't post it, or else I might not have been able to grab it today. lol

You're right, no discounts on the receipt, and I'm not sure if it was showing anything on the shelf (didn't see any prices listed). Most likely and hopefully system wide.

The $5 Husky screwdriver is an awesome value and will be added to my next Home Depot run!
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2005
1118 posts
813 upvotes
Waterloo
Tihor05 wrote: Glad you didn't post it, or else I might not have been able to grab it today. lol

You're right, no discounts on the receipt, and I'm not sure if it was showing anything on the shelf (didn't see any prices listed). Most likely and hopefully system wide.

The $5 Husky screwdriver is an awesome value and will be added to my next Home Depot run!
The Husky one had a sticker on it and stock seems plentiful so that might be a big YMMV. There were 3 in Huntsville at the time marked down so it wasn't a complete one off.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
19389 posts
5609 upvotes
Scarberia
not bad its got magnetic sleeves!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4189 posts
1345 upvotes
QC
Shows 21.97 art my local store
Nov 27, 2013
130 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
Just called my local Aurora HD.

Out of stock everywhere and confirmed on clearance price
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2005
1118 posts
813 upvotes
Waterloo
laughingoh wrote: Just called my local Aurora HD.

Out of stock everywhere and confirmed on clearance price
Be aware, I've had HD lookup stock before and they seemed to only have visibility to their district. So stock could still be available beyond the district your HD is in.

I find stocktrack.ca pretty good for HD inventory levels but not good for pricing.
Nov 14, 2006
538 posts
509 upvotes
Off topic.

What’s with the “wing like” pictures for the Husky multiple bit driver? All 3 pictures are shown with both bit storage compartment open. Just looks different!
[OP]
Jul 7, 2016
232 posts
603 upvotes
Peel
jfmartel wrote: Shows 21.97 art my local store
Should have tried to show my receipt I posted. I wonder if that could have worked,

Also, where are you located? Could be Ontario only, since Brampton, Waterloo & Aurora confirmed the price so far.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3985 posts
3176 upvotes
Ottawa
$21.97 everywhere within 200km of me and no stock. OP you must be lucky to see stock and at that price.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
19389 posts
5609 upvotes
Scarberia
none in gta but 3 stock

at 7239 BRAMPTON EAST 9105 Airport Rd., Brampton, ON, L6S 0B8
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
8788 posts
4677 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I purchased these kind of screw driver, but I realize I never use it.
I usually go straight for the property screw driver hanging on the wall.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2005
1118 posts
813 upvotes
Waterloo
cchenzz wrote: Off topic.

What’s with the “wing like” pictures for the Husky multiple bit driver? All 3 pictures are shown with both bit storage compartment open. Just looks different!
Hold the bits. Red slide in the middle releases the two sides and then you can change bits.

Really, it's my go to for most needs. Has enough of the most common bits and ratcheting.

The Dewalts offer some additional features - magnetic sleeve, extension, hook driver.
Last edited by Stranger on Jul 26th, 2020 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 15, 2016
753 posts
764 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
This is a good set. I keep this inside the house for quick fixes. I got mine around $10 a few months ago.
[OP]
Jul 7, 2016
232 posts
603 upvotes
Peel
gumby wrote: $21.97 everywhere within 200km of me and no stock. OP you must be lucky to see stock and at that price.
HD & Stocktrack show up at $21.97, but it rung in at $8.78 (at least confirmed in Ontario so far).

This must have been going on for a while, as Stranger got theirs for the same price back in June.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1973 posts
1312 upvotes
Tihor05 wrote: Was at Home Depot from my weekly run and thought I'd grab a new screwdriver to throw in my tool box while I was there. Picked up a few different ones to price check, and was honestly confused when this scanned in at $8.78. I asked the cashier to double check and she said it was correct - needless to say I bought it!

I checked stocktrack and inventory seems to be very low (maybe this is a clearance item?), but if this available locally, it's definitely worth grabbing!

Currently in stock at amazon for $30!
https://www.amazon.ca/DEWALT-15-Piece-M ... B07QGHJWX9
Does the screwdriver have any internal compartment to hold the bits?
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1973 posts
1312 upvotes
Stranger wrote: I'll admit I found this set for that price June 1 in Huntsville and forgot to post about it.

I also picked up a couple of Husky multi-bit ratcheting screwdrivers for $5 each that they had https://www.homedepot.ca/product/husky- ... 1001155211

On both your receipt and mine the Dewalt just rang up at that price, no yellow tag discount taken at register so may be system wide.
For the husky screwdriver, is the handle a regular sized one or is it the supersized super thick one?
Nov 7, 2004
230 posts
59 upvotes
Calgary
Checked at the Home Depot at the south end of McLead Trail (Calgary) and customer service confirmed both the clearance price and that there was no stock at any Calgary stores. If anyone discovers a cache of these on a back shelf somewhere in Calgary, I'd appreciate a heads up.
[OP]
Jul 7, 2016
232 posts
603 upvotes
Peel
ktkn wrote: Does the screwdriver have any internal compartment to hold the bits?
No internal storage on this one, but the Husky one that was mentioned earlier does, and it may also be on a clearance price.

This is a great addition if you already have a tool box with existing bits in a storage or some sort.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)