May 8, 2016
392 posts
605 upvotes

[Home Depot] DEWALT MAXFIT Screwdriving Set (150 PC) $29.98 YMMV

Original price $47

Only 20 stores have inventory .

Overview
Model # DWAMF150HDC Store SKU # 1001386506
DEWALT MAXFIT Screw driving bits are the perfect way to maximize your DEWALT power tool system. Featuring the 10X Magnetic Screw Lock System, the maximum fit bits are ideal for use in impact drivers and drill/drivers. Each bit features a precision-machined tip for ideal fit in screw head recesses, resulting in less stripped screws. The Magnetic Screw Lock System holders and sleeve feature a floating ring magnet for fastener retention
MAXFIT bits with optimal geometry for ideal fit
Embouts MAXFIT à géométrie optimale pour un ajustement optimal
Part of 10X magnetic screw lock system for fastener retention
Includes 150 pieces
Last edited by springrain on Apr 27th, 2021 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
16 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2139 posts
1366 upvotes
Kitchener
annoying my store shows stock but the add button is greyed out.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2555 posts
1471 upvotes
Can't buy even from locations that appear to have it.
[OP]
May 8, 2016
392 posts
605 upvotes
This is strange. When I saw this deal the first time in the morning, it can still be added to cart ... after I did some research and post it, the adding to cart button is grey out.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
1144 posts
42 upvotes
Is this worth it? Can you buy this and be done?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
1797 posts
701 upvotes
Toronto
Man, I already have so many bit sets.

At this point I think I just need to buy Robertson #2 and Philips #2. Everything else goes to waste, especially when boxes of screws come with their own fasteners (e.g., Torx 10 with the GRK trim screws).
Deal Addict
May 15, 2009
2665 posts
2049 upvotes
North York
Ya its a lot of pieces but its quite a useless set.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
1922 posts
416 upvotes
toronto
Button grayed out for me as well with any store that has stock..

Missed out on a great deal :(
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1104 posts
389 upvotes
Victoria
It does indeed seem overkill for the # of bits that won't be used. Does anyone have a recommendation for something with less (but more useful) overall pieces at a lesser price? Better bang for the buck if you will on what will actually be used. Mostly I'm looking for use with an impact driver.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2287 posts
1879 upvotes
Sephora wrote: Man, I already have so many bit sets.

At this point I think I just need to buy Robertson #2 and Philips #2. Everything else goes to waste, especially when boxes of screws come with their own fasteners (e.g., Torx 10 with the GRK trim screws).

I think the standalone 30 packs for the #2's are around $15 each so you're still ahead if you can get this for $30.

KiraSensei wrote: Ya its a lot of pieces but its quite a useless set.
MikeyCanuck wrote: It does indeed seem overkill for the # of bits that won't be used. Does anyone have a recommendation for something with less (but more useful) overall pieces at a lesser price? Better bang for the buck if you will on what will actually be used. Mostly I'm looking for use with an impact driver.
Depends what you're after. A lot of contractors need the multiple quantities. See above.
Oct 25, 2008
349 posts
143 upvotes
Personally I was disappointed with the dewalt maxfit bits I bought. I found that they slipped more on phillips than others I've tried. I also seem to have more rounding corner issues w/ the robertsons...

I'm just a homeowner though not a pro, maybe I'm not doing something right but for me my old Bosch bits seemed to work better.

Also the extender on the set I bought was curiously non-ferrous on the stem end... meaning it could only be used on a screwdriver w/ a locking bit holder... this one looks like a different colour so maybe it's ok?
Sep 2, 2018
40 posts
65 upvotes
MikeyCanuck wrote: It does indeed seem overkill for the # of bits that won't be used. Does anyone have a recommendation for something with less (but more useful) overall pieces at a lesser price? Better bang for the buck if you will on what will actually be used. Mostly I'm looking for use with an impact driver.
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/dewalt ... 1001386505

I bought this set last year and think it’s pretty good for $20. The bit holder is a locking type which doesn’t seem to be as common in kits like these, and there’s a good variety of bits. You get some hex sizes and a couple slotted ones. The slotted won’t be used much but the hex came in handy for me a couple times with furniture. There’s way too many SQ #2 bits though... most kits are like that unfortunately.
Sep 23, 2009
152 posts
46 upvotes
Montreal
I was looking for this set today at local home depot and finally saw it (or a similar box. did not really check model number) priced at $59.XX. because I don't really need the full set, i picked a small 24 pieces box with guide and bit sleeve indicated as 9.97. At cashier when scanned the item, it showed 14.38.
because of Quebec price accuracy law, they should honor the lower price indicated on the shelf and if the item's price is under $10, they should give you for free of charge, I ended up going out of the store with the little box at $0.01 (in order to override the cashier system).
Images
  • free dewalt bits.jpg
  • upload.jpg