• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2017 5:19 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2005
1179 posts
114 upvotes
Brampton

[Home Depot] Dremel 4000 Rotary Tool Kit - Great Price- Limited Quantities available

NOW ONLY $59! STORES STILL HAVE STOCK!

Just picked up this Dremel rotary tool kit from the Brampton East Home Depot. There is stock in stores, but most likely they are on the upper shelves and not in the retail section.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.vari ... 04227.html

Great price for this kit. Canadian Tire sells this kit, with 2 LESS attachments for $139.99. Best price I could find as I needed to grab one.

As I said, you're gonna have to look on the upper shelves as this isn't down in their regular stock yet. It's a special buy product, which means quantities are limited.

Good luck all!
Last edited by blazerzr2 on Jul 28th, 2017 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
59 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7497 posts
1456 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered for pickup at Gerarrd Square and got the confirming email soon after telling me to pick up. Then half an hour later order was cancelled. So annoying.

Re-ordered from another store with 9 in stock. We'll see...
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2007
1608 posts
247 upvotes
Kitchener
hello99 wrote: How hot is this?
Luke warm? Most the attachments are useless.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1413 posts
1096 upvotes
Orleans, ON
If you're a contractor or something like that, and you need the best tool... then you buy Dremel (Milwaukee, Dewalt, Bosch, etc...) but if you just need it for around the house randomly, you can get away with a cheaper brand like the Wen (Ryobi, Ridgid, Kobalt, etc...)

So if you're like me... it's probably not worth spending the $100 on the Dremel when you can get one like this with a flex shaft for under $40:
$36 WEN tool
I've had that one since Nov 2015 and the bits are terrible but the tool itself is great. I just buy Dremel, bits, which do the trick. I've probably used it maybe 20 or so times for various projects and it's never disappointed.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3469 posts
2150 upvotes
West Coast
Kevin8se7en wrote: If you're a contractor or something like that, and you need the best tool... then you buy Dremel (Milwaukee, Dewalt, Bosch, etc...) but if you just need it for around the house randomly, you can get away with a cheaper brand like the Wen (Ryobi, Ridgid, Kobalt, etc...)

So if you're like me... it's probably not worth spending the $100 on the Dremel when you can get one like this with a flex shaft for under $40:
$36 WEN tool
I've had that one since Nov 2015 and the bits are terrible but the tool itself is great. I just buy Dremel, bits, which do the trick. I've probably used it maybe 20 or so times for various projects and it's never disappointed.
You put Ridgid in with Kobalt and Ryobi? I've had Ridgid for years and burnt through a number of batteries. Their LSA has saved me hundreds on batteries alone :)
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2329 posts
662 upvotes
Halton
Richfields wrote: You put Ridgid in with Kobalt and Ryobi? I've had Ridgid for years and burnt through a number of batteries. Their LSA has saved me hundreds on batteries alone :)
TU for you. I like Ridgid and use them many years.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5657 posts
1719 upvotes
Toronto
iLLNESS wrote: Luke warm? Most the attachments are useless.
dremel is high quality is it not, why wud they be useless?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7497 posts
1456 upvotes
Toronto
ez_86 wrote: dremel is high quality is it not, why wud they be useless?
I think they mean that you probably won't use them, not that they're poor quality.

I agree. I bought this just for wire-brushing. Probably won't use most of the other attachments, but it's still worth it for me.
Jun 16, 2012
452 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto. ON
This is a decent set, I bought it for same price last year. I think the best deal on these were when it was bundled with the flex shaft.

When I purchased this set, and when I happened to notice them again a few weeks ago in passing,, they were in the retail sections. Usually hidden in the cardboard bins across the aisle in front of the tool corral
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7497 posts
1456 upvotes
Toronto
DealyMcCheapskate wrote: This is a decent set, I bought it for same price last year. I think the best deal on these were when it was bundled with the flex shaft.

When I purchased this set, and when I happened to notice them again a few weeks ago in passing,, they were in the retail sections. Usually hidden in the cardboard bins across the aisle in front of the tool corral
Are you saying there might still be some around with the flexible shaft for the same price? What location? Do you have a sku?

Thx
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2007
1608 posts
247 upvotes
Kitchener
ez_86 wrote: dremel is high quality is it not, why wud they be useless?
Yes Dremel is of high quality. The attachments are mostly useless because you will likely never use the attachments, and even when you do you'll likely find the setup time isn't worth using them. You'd be better off with just a Dremel and a box of the discs/tools you actually need.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
3954 posts
2694 upvotes
Montreal
Jon Lai wrote: This or a proper router for making rounded edges?
This if mangle the workpiece is part of the plan. :D

I use a Bosch Colt for edges.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
47131 posts
7532 upvotes
Richmond Hill
jzmtl wrote: This if mangle the workpiece is part of the plan. :D

I use a Bosch Colt for edges.
I don't think I know enough about wood working to understand your joke :(

Just did some research and the Colt looks pretty cool. Is this considered a good entry-level router? What's a fair and good price for it? Thanks.
Jun 16, 2012
452 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto. ON
Inno wrote: Are you saying there might still be some around with the flexible shaft for the same price? What location? Do you have a sku?

Thx
I didn't word that properly. I've seen the set the OP mentioned weeks ago, the bundle with the flex shaft was way before that, which I should of bought instead.

As a previous poster alluded to, the extra pieces in this set are useless for the most part, in compared to having the flex shaft instead. I ended up picking the flex shaft to on a trip to the states for $20US
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
3954 posts
2694 upvotes
Montreal
Jon Lai wrote: I don't think I know enough about wood working to understand your joke :(

Just did some research and the Colt looks pretty cool. Is this considered a good entry-level router? What's a fair and good price for it? Thanks.
Sorry, just meant the Dremel isnt' good for routing at all, the bits are much more wobbly than a router, has no tip bearing, and no carbide edge.

Colt is a very good mid level pro model, think I paid $120 a few years ago. Keep in mind it's a palm sized compact router so power is limited and can only take 1/4" shaft bits. If you are looking for a full size to handle everything, the maximum from CT with dual base is quite decent and sells for about the same price when on sale.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
47131 posts
7532 upvotes
Richmond Hill
jzmtl wrote: Sorry, just meant the Dremel isnt' good for routing at all, the bits are much more wobbly than a router, has no tip bearing, and no carbide edge.

Colt is a very good mid level pro model, think I paid $120 a few years ago. Keep in mind it's a palm sized compact router so power is limited and can only take 1/4" shaft bits. If you are looking for a full size to handle everything, the maximum from CT with dual base is quite decent and sells for about the same price when on sale.
Thanks for your 2 cents - I'm relatively new to wood working, but I've quickly picked up interest in it as it's a lot easier than I had initially thought. I think something around the $100 mark would be ideal for someone like me who probably just uses it from time to time and does not have any regular projects, so this sounds like a good one to look out for.

Edit: Is this the same thing you have? Only $99 at HD.
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.1-hp ... 68077.html
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
3954 posts
2694 upvotes
Montreal
Jon Lai wrote: Thanks for your 2 cents - I'm relatively new to wood working, but I've quickly picked up interest in it as it's a lot easier than I had initially thought. I think something around the $100 mark would be ideal for someone like me who probably just uses it from time to time and does not have any regular projects, so this sounds like a good one to look out for.

Edit: Is this the same thing you have? Only $99 at HD.
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.1-hp ... 68077.html
Yes that's the single speed model, the one I bought is variable speed. But the single speed is enough unless you have some specific need for slower speed.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)