Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Dricore Subfloor membrane panel

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 12th, 2021 10:49 pm
Jun 25, 2013
1 posts
11 upvotes

[Home Depot] Dricore Subfloor membrane panel

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/dricor ... 1000112986

Regular HD price: 6.48 each
Home hardware sales: 5.97 each - sales end today

HD 10% price match discount 0.59 cents off.

Final price paid: 5.37 each.
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 7th, 2021 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: retailer field was empty
49 replies
Feb 4, 2017
107 posts
229 upvotes
Home hardware sells Barricade, HD sells Dricore.
How’d you get a price match and what store?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7524 upvotes
BC
amazon-ca-smartcat-ultimate-scratching- ... 1-2456939/

Coincidence or should @AncasterRFD be given some credit for this deal (see the "base" hyperlink in post #6)
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Apr 21, 2012
883 posts
1049 upvotes
Ontario
I'd recommend looking into DMX 1-step
May 6, 2006
383 posts
488 upvotes
Brampton
Another option for basement subfloor is Delta FL or Platon membrane then osb or plywood. You get a continuous moisture barrier and less expensive. See
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
1372 posts
585 upvotes
Fail
"A festivus for the rest of us"

Items for Sale:
Mar 3, 2016
71 posts
30 upvotes
I paid $4.99 for Barricade at Lowe's. On sale maybe twice a year.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24670 posts
8742 upvotes
Toronto
just my 2cents - if you are installing Dri-core hoping that in the event of flooding - the Dri-core will save your floor etc - forget it.

If you do get a bad flood - chances are the water will be higher than the dri-core & your floor combined. This will render the dri-core & floor useless. You'll need to rip both out, make sure everything is dry underneath and install new. This is the only way to ensure no mold growth..........

But if you are installing because of warmth, uneven foundation - then this will do............a bit expensive but this will do.

Another option is to look at DMX 1step........cheaper I think......
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2008
5211 posts
2024 upvotes
If you're willing to spend $6/sqft on a subfloor, at least insulate it with 1.5" XPS
Let's hug it out
Sep 23, 2012
65 posts
46 upvotes
Montreal
ji2o0k wrote: just my 2cents - if you are installing Dri-core hoping that in the event of flooding - the Dri-core will save your floor etc - forget it.
These are not intended for large amounts of water. they are intended to provide an air path for moisture that wicks through the concrete, to try to mitigate mold growth.

these do not provide significant thermal barrier / warming from the concrete floor. My entire basement is done with this and floors feel cold-ish. Use a thicker floor with foam insulation if you have the headroom. I didn't so I had to use these panels.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24670 posts
8742 upvotes
Toronto
wstewart wrote: These are not intended for large amounts of water. they are intended to provide an air path for moisture that wicks through the concrete, to try to mitigate mold growth.

these do not provide significant thermal barrier / warming from the concrete floor. My entire basement is done with this and floors feel cold-ish. Use a thicker floor with foam insulation if you have the headroom. I didn't so I had to use these panels.
to clarify, even a "small water leak" as the Dri-core company claims that dri-core subfloor is to protect against is very misleading.

You get a leak (big or small) - you aren't going to leave it and hope that the "air-gap" between the concrete, dri-core and your floor will be dry even after using blowers. That is what I meant about thinking Dri-core will save your floor and prevent any remediation after you had a leak (small or big).

You'll remove the floor and the Dri-core to ensure everything is dry underneath and no mold growth.

And the company does promote that dri-core subfloor will make floors warmer (but clearly your actual experience proves otherwise)
DRICORE® Subfloor

Features & Benefits

Air Gap Technology helps protect against moisture, mold, mildew and small water leaks
Makes floors feel warmer with an R-value of 1.4
Softens finished floors against hard concrete

Helps promote healthy indoor air quality
Strong enough to support up to 6,642 lbs. per sq. ft.
Protects any finished floor type
Tongue and groove design makes installation fast and easy
Limited 25 year warranty
Link: https://dricore.com/products/dricore-subfloor/

I've had first-hand experience with a "leak" and this product - looking back, I don't think it was worth it at all.....
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1900 posts
1367 upvotes
Toronto
For those wanting more insulation look at Dricore+
Jun 21, 2017
62 posts
30 upvotes
Quebec
Is it worth putting in Dricore or Dricore+ in new buils that already foam underneath the concrete floor or shoul a product like DMX be enough (and warm enough)?

Jul 1, 2008
344 posts
81 upvotes
Brampton, ON
we got DMX 1 Step and floor is warm enough.
Don't think spending extra on DriCore would add extra benefit

It's 5+ years and no issue with flooring.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2004
2973 posts
302 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote: just my 2cents - if you are installing Dri-core hoping that in the event of flooding - the Dri-core will save your floor etc - forget it.

If you do get a bad flood - chances are the water will be higher than the dri-core & your floor combined. This will render the dri-core & floor useless. You'll need to rip both out, make sure everything is dry underneath and install new. This is the only way to ensure no mold growth..........

But if you are installing because of warmth, uneven foundation - then this will do............a bit expensive but this will do.

Another option is to look at DMX 1step........cheaper I think......

Excellent reply . I know by experience what you posted is spot
-on . The only question mark is the comment about uneven foundation .If uneven to an extent , the panels will not lock together tight
and will forever separate .
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
2756 posts
867 upvotes
North York
I guess cost must have gone up because $5.97 use to be regular price for Dricore at Home Depot for longest time. Looks like Barricade went up by a dollar too at Lowes. I went with Dricore for my basement and very happy with my subfloor.
Feb 11, 2016
254 posts
317 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote: to clarify, even a "small water leak" as the Dri-core company claims that dri-core subfloor is to protect against is very misleading.

You get a leak (big or small) - you aren't going to leave it and hope that the "air-gap" between the concrete, dri-core and your floor will be dry even after using blowers. That is what I meant about thinking Dri-core will save your floor and prevent any remediation after you had a leak (small or big).

You'll remove the floor and the Dri-core to ensure everything is dry underneath and no mold growth.
The poster you responded to didn't say anything about a leak. It helps with MOISTURE by allowing some airflow.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
4169 posts
6806 upvotes
Langley, BC
make sure your concrete is level before using this, even with the dricore shims....
Apr 4, 2017
307 posts
242 upvotes
If I wanted to use a product like DMX 1-step, would I need to use a self-leveling product on the concrete first?