Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

DWE734 Dewalt benchtop thickness planer $440 (Reg $549) after PM with Lowes

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2020 8:39 am
Jan 18, 2020
8 posts
13 upvotes

[Home Depot] DWE734 Dewalt benchtop thickness planer $440 (Reg $549) after PM with Lowes

PM with local Lowe’s for extra 10% . Just picked one up for $497.31 after tax at Lowe’s. Decent planer with decent reviews, and it won’t break the bank. The replacement blades can be pricy, but they claim to be dual sided.
Good price according to CCC.

Here’s the Lowe’s link

https://www.lowes.ca/product/planers/de ... ner-221857
11 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2011
1153 posts
832 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
Good price here. I actually just grabbed the Ridgid thickness planer last week. I'd have probably grabbed this had it been this price at the time. I did loads of research prior to having grabbed my Ridgid planer, it came down to the Ridgid, this Dewalt or the Dewalt 735. The 735 isn't all it's cracked up to be from what I've been able to read, this is a great price for a lunchbox planer.
Jun 26, 2015
196 posts
319 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
hoody123 wrote: Good price here. I actually just grabbed the Ridgid thickness planer last week. I'd have probably grabbed this had it been this price at the time. I did loads of research prior to having grabbed my Ridgid planer, it came down to the Ridgid, this Dewalt or the Dewalt 735. The 735 isn't all it's cracked up to be from what I've been able to read, this is a great price for a lunchbox planer.
I'm deciding between the Rigid planer vs the 734 as well. How is your experience with the Ridgid so far, is it as loud as some reviews claim it to be?
Oct 27, 2016
183 posts
401 upvotes
hoody123 wrote: Good price here. I actually just grabbed the Ridgid thickness planer last week. I'd have probably grabbed this had it been this price at the time. I did loads of research prior to having grabbed my Ridgid planer, it came down to the Ridgid, this Dewalt or the Dewalt 735. The 735 isn't all it's cracked up to be from what I've been able to read, this is a great price for a lunchbox planer.
Appologize for stealing your thread, but from my research, the Dewalt DW735 is hands down the best hobbyist planer out there (not considering high-end and commercial planers). I bought the DW735 two years ago and it has been flawless and everything as advertised. It's too bad the DW735 is usually priced at like $699 or higher.
Dec 2, 2009
814 posts
369 upvotes
Markham
Great planer. Got it a few months ago on a similar sale. Only downside is the dust collection, it's horrible and will jam up if you use their dust shroud. I just let it open and let the wood chips fly everywhere and prepare myself to sweep.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2011
1153 posts
832 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
Not my thread, but by and large, the 734's internals are the same as the 735's although admittedly the thickness mechanism <seems> to be better on the 735 but many reviewers contend that if something goes wrong with the 735 it's more challenging to address. but, beyond the listed price difference between the 734 and 735, it's actually bigger because the 735 doesn't have infeed and outfeed tables. I know the 735 is capable of more CPI than the 734, but the consensus seems to be the 734 gets it to a smoothness level that you're going to comfortable going to handsanding immediately, and the 735 doesn't save that step That said, I don't think you can go wrong either way.

As to the Ridgid, I've got the R4331 and a buddy has the R4330 and his seems to be quite a bit louder than mine, so maybe the loudness complaints are about the 4330? Regardless, I have on substantial hearing protection when I operate mine and I live in the middle of nowhere so no neighbours to bother.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
9475 posts
1610 upvotes
Yup, I went to home depot to grab a rigid planer but they had the Dewalt 735 for $449... steal imho, so I picked it up... that was a couple mths ago. I think any of the three will serve wood working hobbyist well.
RookieCookie wrote: Appologize for stealing your thread, but from my research, the Dewalt DW735 is hands down the best hobbyist planer out there (not considering high-end and commercial planers). I bought the DW735 two years ago and it has been flawless and everything as advertised. It's too bad the DW735 is usually priced at like $699 or higher.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
May 10, 2016
672 posts
1204 upvotes
This was on sale for $400 all last month at KMS tools. I tried to price match at Lowes to pring it to $360 but their online price matches are months behind right now, meaning by the time they look at your price match you can't return it and the sale is long expired.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49008 posts
10301 upvotes
Richmond Hill
hoody123 wrote: Not my thread, but by and large, the 734's internals are the same as the 735's although admittedly the thickness mechanism <seems> to be better on the 735 but many reviewers contend that if something goes wrong with the 735 it's more challenging to address. but, beyond the listed price difference between the 734 and 735, it's actually bigger because the 735 doesn't have infeed and outfeed tables. I know the 735 is capable of more CPI than the 734, but the consensus seems to be the 734 gets it to a smoothness level that you're going to comfortable going to handsanding immediately, and the 735 doesn't save that step That said, I don't think you can go wrong either way.

As to the Ridgid, I've got the R4331 and a buddy has the R4330 and his seems to be quite a bit louder than mine, so maybe the loudness complaints are about the 4330? Regardless, I have on substantial hearing protection when I operate mine and I live in the middle of nowhere so no neighbours to bother.
Yeah, with the outfeed tables you're looking at $150-200 price difference when it's on sale. The DW735 can generally be had in the low 500's on sale - search RFD. The tables are about $60-70 on sale.

I think the upgrade is worth it IMO. The dust collection is a lot better with the internal blower and having 4 posts instead of 2 makes a big difference in terms of stability.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Nov 10, 2013
259 posts
228 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: Yeah, with the outfeed tables you're looking at $150-200 price difference when it's on sale. The DW735 can generally be had in the low 500's on sale - search RFD. The tables are about $60-70 on sale.

I think the upgrade is worth it IMO. The dust collection is a lot better with the internal blower and having 4 posts instead of 2 makes a big difference in terms of stability.
Back in 2017 the 735 was at 420 + tax.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2005
5355 posts
2721 upvotes
WFH
Ghiness wrote: Great planer. Got it a few months ago on a similar sale. Only downside is the dust collection, it's horrible and will jam up if you use their dust shroud. I just let it open and let the wood chips fly everywhere and prepare myself to sweep.
Can't imagine using a planer without a shroud and dust collector. I can easily fill a 50 gallon bag in a single session and wouldn't want that amount of chippings spewed out all over my workshop.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)