• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2022 11:24 pm
[OP]
Jul 17, 2011
217 posts
899 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Home Depot] Echo gas Handheld Leaf Blower 97.98$, reg 208$

On sale again, only 3 stores have it at 97.98$ but will ship everywhere in Canada

Set your store to St-Romuald or Ste-Foy or Victoriaville QTY will be 0 but you can add to cart and it will ship.
Stocktrack

Original thread : https://forums.redflagdeals.com/home-de ... #p36440723

The highest performing PB-2520 is the lightest fully featured handheld blower. The professional grade 25.4 cc engine produces 453 CFM and 170 MPH for quick and easy clean up. A unique S-pipe design reduces the gyro effect on user's wrist improving user comfort.
Images
  • echo.JPG
24 replies
Sep 7, 2022
73 posts
66 upvotes
GTA
Did any one actually get this last time? My order went through, got cancelled days later.
Dealroller

"Everything is good till it's not"
"Famous last words, it was working when I left"
"You can't fix stupid"
[OP]
Jul 17, 2011
217 posts
899 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Dealroller wrote: Did any one actually get this last time? My order went through, got cancelled days later.
Odered 2 last time and got them
Sep 25, 2016
176 posts
349 upvotes
Because it run on gas ?

I'm pretty sure many RFD users don't hesitate to drive a long distance (and burn gas) to grab a deal Face With Tears Of Joy, even if they order online, how many trucks are burning gas to deliver their orders ?
SammyDavis wrote: Environment maybe?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
7884 posts
8256 upvotes
Calgary
Aminour wrote: Because it run on gas ?

I'm pretty sure many RFD users don't hesitate to drive a long distance (and burn gas) to grab a deal Face With Tears Of Joy, even if they order online, how many trucks are burning gas to deliver their orders ?
2 stroke engines are different than 4 stroke engines. Electric leaf blowers are another option. These things are getting banned for a few reasons.
Mar 8, 2015
848 posts
3814 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Got one last month... have not started it yet, waiting for the flurries to fly..................
If one person finds my post useful, I consider it as a job well done....
Dec 16, 2019
448 posts
573 upvotes
Hamilton
bought one 10 years ago from home depot. Worked great for 5 years . 5 years ago it wouldn't start would pull and pull till my arms turned to jello. always took gas out and used fresh fuel mixture every season yet it let me down. Bought a gas weed wacker same time and it still works perfectly fine . No idea why the blower $hit the bed so early did nothing differently between the two machines and figure they have very similar engines. Would not buy another Echo blower was expecting better from the brand. Now i just use a cheap electric blower and it works every time Neutral Face

thanks for nothing EchoDisappointed Face
Aug 31, 2014
557 posts
896 upvotes
ontario
SammyDavis wrote: 2 stroke engines are different than 4 stroke engines. Electric leaf blowers are another option. These things are getting banned for a few reasons.
This is exactly why this is getting downvoted.

There are better options, these need to go.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
6786 posts
1015 upvotes
Etobicoke
I bought an Echo gas weed whacker years ago. Discovered that it is very picky about the gas. Must use gasoline less than 2 weeks old or it won't start. When the temperature drops (eg. to 15 degrees and below), the weed whacker won't run without some choke. I suspect it is tuned to be way too lean. But there is no way to adjust the mixture. A lot of hassle to use.

This meant a lot of wasted gasoline/oil mixture I had to pour down the drain if I can't finish it in two weeks. That is until I bought a no-name gas leaf blower from Home Hardware. The no-name blower isn't picky about fuel. So, any unused gas from the Echo gets poured into the no-name blower and it blows fine despite the gas being a month old.

I'm not buying Echo again. Stick with the no-name blower.
Aug 31, 2008
241 posts
67 upvotes
Newmarket/Markham
need to make sure you have fresh gas all the time in these things....also check the spark arrestor on the muffler. they tend to get clogged when gas isn't mixed right. also could be clogged carb or clogged fuel filter.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
2024 posts
367 upvotes
Vancouver
I have been using a Echo 2 stroke gas trimmer and hand held leaf blower for probably 8+ years. I often use old gas, my machines run fine. Although I do pour gas stabilizer in my fuel cans. If I needed a new gas blower, I would not hesitate to buy this. Thanks for the post OP.
Mar 7, 2011
389 posts
336 upvotes
Ottawa
All 3 locations are now showing $208
Jan 18, 2010
521 posts
170 upvotes
any one else have trouble with the last part of the plastic flying off ?

had to tape mine one but well worth 100 bucks
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2011
1134 posts
810 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
Weird, my Echo chainsaw is probably the best performing gas engine I've ever dealt with - and I have some Honda stuff too, I still trust my Timberwolf to always always start.
Mar 30, 2005
143 posts
28 upvotes
Bowmanville
Changing store trick not working for me this time. I could last time, and mine got cancelled.
Aug 8, 2015
136 posts
217 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Aminour wrote: why the downvotes ?
I think its the weight factor and also convenience. You can get a battery powered leaf blower for a similar or even lesser price. The power on the battery powered ones are almost same as the gas powered ones.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)