Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Ecobee Smart Thermostat with Voice (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2022 12:27 pm
Oct 23, 2014
45 posts
70 upvotes
Montreal, QC

[Home Depot] Ecobee Smart Thermostat with Voice (YMMV)

I saw this in Home Depot Saint-Henry at Montreal, 3 still in stock.

Price is 249$ in their website, so it is maybe only in this store.
Images
  • 20220421_185630.jpg
Thread Summary
Shopping for more options? RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best smart thermostats for your home!
35 replies
Sep 14, 2005
51 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
Had a Nest thermostat for 3 years and then it suddenly started short-cycling my boiler. Switched to an Ecobee and problem disappeared. Ecobee also gives you much more control over your settings and the data reporting is far superior. Lastly, Ecobee is Canadian (correction - see threads below - no longer).
Last edited by kneecarrot on Apr 22nd, 2022 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
2776 posts
1995 upvotes
Can ecobee control humidity as well? Trying to switch from. Honeywell
Mar 29, 2019
608 posts
782 upvotes
Mrrfdxyz wrote: Can ecobee control humidity as well? Trying to switch from. Honeywell
Yup, very well. I installed a humidifier myself and simple ran the wires to ecobee. Best winter we ever had indoors. :)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2004
5136 posts
2179 upvotes
Mississauga
Mrrfdxyz wrote: Can ecobee control humidity as well? Trying to switch from. Honeywell
You need the non lite version.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2010
1022 posts
365 upvotes
Is this deal for the latest version?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
2776 posts
1995 upvotes
oldmanlogan wrote: Yup, very well. I installed a humidifier myself and simple ran the wires to ecobee. Best winter we ever had indoors. :)
You have the lite version?. The other guy said I need the non lite version
Oct 10, 2018
48 posts
37 upvotes
Ottawa
Not sure about humidifier but I use Ecobee to control my HRV. It’s okay but you cannot setup schedule like automatically turn it on in the morning. Ecobee support is not helpful. Still looking to implementing control using some open source projects.
Oct 23, 2014
45 posts
70 upvotes
Montreal, QC
boykee wrote: Is this deal for the latest version?
It seems to be, P/N is EB-STATE5C-01
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2004
5136 posts
2179 upvotes
Mississauga
Mrrfdxyz wrote: You have the lite version?. The other guy said I need the non lite version
https://www.ecobee.com/en-ca/smart-thermostats/
You need "Supports HVAC accessories" to let ecobee control humidifier.

non-lite version:
Compatibility
Gas, Oil, Electric, Dual-fuel
Conventional (2H/2C)
Heat Pump (4H/2C)
Humidifier, Dehumidifier, Ventilator, HRV or ERV
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
2776 posts
1995 upvotes
wing0 wrote: https://www.ecobee.com/en-ca/smart-thermostats/
You need "Supports HVAC accessories" to let ecobee control humidifier.

non-lite version:
Compatibility
Gas, Oil, Electric, Dual-fuel
Conventional (2H/2C)
Heat Pump (4H/2C)
Humidifier, Dehumidifier, Ventilator, HRV or ERV
Gotcha. So I should get the SmartThermostat with voice control
Right?
I guess I need to return the one I bought
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2004
5136 posts
2179 upvotes
Mississauga
Mrrfdxyz wrote: Gotcha. So I should get the SmartThermostat with voice control
Right?
I guess I need to return the one I bought
If you want to control the humidifier. Yes.
https://support.ecobee.com/s/articles/W ... abels-mean

Search for keyword "HUM1"
H or HUM or HUM1 and H2 or HUM2

This wire or pair of wires controls your whole-home humidification system.

ecobee SmartThermostat with voice control, ecobee4 and ecobee3 are compatible with accessories, including humidification equipment. When you are setting up your thermostat for the first time, you can add one compatible 1- or 2-wire accessory such as a humidifier, dehumidifier or HRV/ERV.

View the wiring diagrams for your ecobee to learn how to wire an indoor air-quality accessory.

Have questions? We’re here to help.
Jul 26, 2011
703 posts
211 upvotes
Does lite version support HRV?

I REALLY don't want or need the Alexa integration
Feb 13, 2019
13 posts
7 upvotes
Thanks OP! Just picked it up for the same price in Calgary. Stock is very low and YMMV depending on location.
May 18, 2019
235 posts
130 upvotes
ON
Ecobeeis launching new version with air quality sensor. Maybe thats why price is being dropped
Feb 17, 2012
34 posts
19 upvotes
Calgary
kneecarrot wrote: Had a Nest thermostat for 3 years and then it suddenly started short-cycling my boiler. Switched to an Ecobee and problem disappeared. Ecobee also gives you much more control over your settings and the data reporting is far superior. Lastly, Ecobee is Canadian.
Ecobee is now owned by Generac, an American company as of the end of last year and as with most products made in China
Feb 11, 2019
48 posts
81 upvotes
crash2224 wrote: Ecobee is now owned by Generac, an American company as of the end of last year and as with most products made in China
Please tell me what IoT thermostat isn't made in China.
Mar 22, 2004
882 posts
105 upvotes
Ottawa
kneecarrot wrote: Had a Nest thermostat for 3 years and then it suddenly started short-cycling my boiler. Switched to an Ecobee and problem disappeared. Ecobee also gives you much more control over your settings and the data reporting is far superior. Lastly, Ecobee is Canadian.
Wait, what data reporting? I have the ecobee 3 lite... is that the reason why I find the data reporting weak?

Only recently I noticed there was this eco+ feature on the website after having this sucker for 2+ years. I spoke with their support and they pushed the feature remotely... like geez. How did I get missed? Anyways, ever since I got emails stating I saved X amount of dollars. I'm like... ok? Thanks! But there are no stats like how many times my furnace is running, etc.
Sep 14, 2005
51 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
cuto wrote: Wait, what data reporting? I have the ecobee 3 lite... is that the reason why I find the data reporting weak?

Only recently I noticed there was this eco+ feature on the website after having this sucker for 2+ years. I spoke with their support and they pushed the feature remotely... like geez. How did I get missed? Anyways, ever since I got emails stating I saved X amount of dollars. I'm like... ok? Thanks! But there are no stats like how many times my furnace is running, etc.
I also have the 3 Lite. The first place to go is the Home IQ section of the website where you can then click on System Monitor. You can get some semi-useful graphs of run time and temperatures. But, the full data is available on the same page at the "Download Data" link. There you'll get a spreadsheet of everything. But, the spreadsheet isn't so easy to interpret visually... that's where the third party service https://app.beestat.io/ comes in. Link your account to this and you get everything in the spreadsheet but visual. Don't forget you can select parts of the graph with your mouse and it will drill down. Enjoy!
Mar 4, 2008
363 posts
271 upvotes
Gatineau
teute0 wrote: I saw this in Home Depot Saint-Henry at Montreal, 3 still in stock.

Price is 249$ in their website, so it is maybe only in this store.
Thanks OP! Can you share receipt for price match attempt?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)