• Feb 11th, 2019 1:36 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3088 posts
1118 upvotes
Vancouver

[Home Depot] ecoSmart Zigbee LED bulbs $4.48/$9.87 YMMV

Seen a bunch tonight in Surrey at Scott Road.
Wink and SmartThings Hub compatible.
20 replies
Dec 18, 2005
569 posts
364 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks for the post! I think it may be only in your store. I checked the item numbers from your photo, and neither of these can be found online.
Nov 14, 2012
534 posts
225 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Great post, I have used ecoSmart zigbee bulbs. I got lots around the house. Daylight, soft whites, and RGBW. I'll check some other HD when I stop by.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1198 posts
620 upvotes
Ottawa
You can use their app to check the price/stock
The GU10 says is 49c and the other one $1.50 but OOS
Nov 29, 2015
125 posts
67 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Thanks for the post OP, looking for some White Ambiance ones.
I have a bunch of these (RGBW and Ambiance white) that I bought on clearance for about $2 last year, I think these are a Home Depot "brand" item, and they aren't restocking as far as I understood (probably due to the quality)
I think it's really hit and miss. I bought 12 of which 2 were DOA and I had to return. Over the last few months some randomly disconnect from my Smartthings despite the fact that none are more than 20m away from the hub. You can reset them to get them synced again, but it's annoying if they're in a fixture that's hard to reach.
I have a bunch of Hue bulbs and have never had a single issue with those. I guess the quality is in accordance to the price.
Also as a heads up, for the RGBW ones, the colors are off what you'd expect compared to the Hues (blues are more purple, greens are more yellow, etc), but OK
Feb 28, 2016
468 posts
137 upvotes
I bought some but I haven't been able to get the RGB ones to fully function (only working from 2.8k to 6k to so).
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
3966 posts
672 upvotes
Wat
The ones I've been using have been flawless. I thought they were just discontinuing the old bubble packaged bulbs.. pretty sure the new zigbee ecosmart bulbs are in cardboard box packages. I could be wrong.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3457 posts
585 upvotes
Do you need a hub to use these or just the app? I would like to use it with google home if possible.
Are you a new parent and looking for freebies for your newborn, go here:
Freebies for your Newborn
Updated December 2018
Dec 22, 2001
743 posts
114 upvotes
I bought some of these - but FYI they are not reliable. My zigbee network is fairly robust and i have other devices that work perfectly and no matter what I do, they become randomly unresponsive. I've tried them w/ Zigbee2Mqtt and Wink - and they definitely work better with Wink - but there is a delay for the command :(
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
3966 posts
672 upvotes
Wat
boonjaca wrote:
Feb 4th, 2019 8:48 am
Do you need a hub to use these or just the app? I would like to use it with google home if possible.

You need a zigbee hub. For me they work perfectly with Smartthings. Never loses connection.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
2395 posts
383 upvotes
paintballdude05 wrote:
Feb 4th, 2019 8:45 am
I bought some but I haven't been able to get the RGB ones to fully function (only working from 2.8k to 6k to so).
Are you using with Smartthings? You need to change the device type. It initially shows up as a generic zigbee tunable bulb. You need to manually change it to zigbee rgbw in the groovy control panel.
Feb 28, 2016
468 posts
137 upvotes
shutterbug wrote:
Feb 4th, 2019 9:27 am
Are you using with Smartthings? You need to change the device type. It initially shows up as a generic zigbee tunable bulb. You need to manually change it to zigbee rgbw in the groovy control panel.
Yep using SmartThings, but honestly I haven't played around with it much.
Feb 15, 2009
853 posts
159 upvotes
Winnipeg
boojew wrote:
Feb 4th, 2019 8:50 am
I bought some of these - but FYI they are not reliable. My zigbee network is fairly robust and i have other devices that work perfectly and no matter what I do, they become randomly unresponsive. I've tried them w/ Zigbee2Mqtt and Wink - and they definitely work better with Wink - but there is a delay for the command :(
That might be wink's fault.
Feb 15, 2009
853 posts
159 upvotes
Winnipeg
I saw these at my local HD and they've been on the shelf since that posts last year. I saw a manager taking them off the shelf and later asked him where he put them and said he just wrote them off i.e. they're now gone and can't be bought back..so I think they went right into the garbage. He told me I should've talked to him sooner as he would've sold them to me cheaper than the sticker. I'm already outfitted with so many bulbs I didn't buy any.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
2395 posts
383 upvotes
Anyone seen RGB anywhere? Would love to get one more. These dim down much lower than the Sengled I already have.