Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

EGO 21-inch 56-V Cordless Snow Blower Kit with Free Leaf Blower

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2020 9:11 pm
Banned
Feb 6, 2017
2176 posts
1263 upvotes
Be careful if you have this unit. Leave the battery in the frigid cold weather overnight and it'll probably get ruined. I did this with my expensive Bionx bike battery and it lost all of it's juice due to the cold.

I think this would be too much of a hassle for me to remove the battery to recharge on every usage. I have a battery operated lawn-mower and it's a hassle to have to individually charge 2 batteries, I wouldn't want to have to do this for snow plowing which occurs more frequently than mowing the lawn.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2017
5187 posts
6027 upvotes
dkq wrote: Battery driven heavy duty like snowblower are handy especially the first year when everything works ... not every year afterwards though. If you don't believe, check out your laptop batteries.
LOL how often will we be cycling these batteries in one winter? As long people don't leave them plugged in 24/7 and not in a too hot garage during the off season. The standard 500 cycles on most LiIon batteries, this could last 10 years.
Nov 23, 2017
151 posts
190 upvotes
NS
HN12345 wrote: I think this would be too much of a hassle for me to remove the battery to recharge on every usage. I have a battery operated lawn-mower and it's a hassle to have to individually charge 2 batteries, I wouldn't want to have to do this for snow plowing which occurs more frequently than mowing the lawn.
Removing a battery to charge indoors is more of a hassle than dealing with jerry cans of gas?... okay...
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2009
1955 posts
2985 upvotes
Ottawa
This is so tempting.

Trying to convince myself I don’t need to spend this kind of money on a blower but...
- I live in Ottawa where we get tons of snow
- Limited storage space
- I’ve been in the market for a leaf blower as we get lots of leaves on our property
- We just had our first child so reducing time spent clearing snow is important
- We had a big shed built off the back of our driveway in the Spring that we’ll need access to which means more shovelling than last year in order to clear a path to it
- Long, narrow driveway with a hedge on one side that makes shovelling a pain because it all must be pushed to one side (creating massive snowbank)
- Like the idea of not needing to deal with a gas powered unit with more maintenance

Someone convince me this isn’t a great deal and I should look elsewhere.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2007
1340 posts
1431 upvotes
Land of Oil & Ga…
mikek33 wrote: Someone convince me this isn’t a great deal and I should look elsewhere.
Sounds like you listed all the reasons FOR getting it, haha.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1413 posts
377 upvotes
Ottawa, On
mikek33 wrote: This is so tempting.

Trying to convince myself I don’t need to spend this kind of money on a blower but...
- Limited storage space
- I’ve been in the market for a leaf blower as we get lots of leaves on our property
- We had a big shed built off the back of our driveway in the Spring that we’ll need access to which means more shovelling than last year in order to clear a path to it
- Long, narrow driveway with a hedge on one side that makes shovelling a pain because it all must be pushed to one side (creating massive snowbank)
- Like the idea of not needing to deal with a gas powered unit with more maintenance

Hate to say it but I've in the same boat for 6/7 of those and just got one... Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1502 posts
905 upvotes
Edmonton
Was in the market for a snowblower and ended up buying the Toro 821 QZE Snow Blower. $850 + tax with a price match at Home Depot. I just don’t trust batteries to last many years like a tried tested gas model.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1413 posts
377 upvotes
Ottawa, On
loopy1984 wrote: Was in the market for a snowblower and ended up buying the Toro 821 QZE Snow Blower. $850 + tax with a price match at Home Depot. I just don’t trust batteries to last many years like a tried tested gas model.
Honestly I dont either but I HATE working with gas tools and will avoid it if ever there's a resonable alternative.
Jun 7, 2011
75 posts
66 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
mikek33 wrote: This is so tempting.

- Limited storage space

I'm in Ottawa, with a single garage where I park my car inside...so limited space for storage. I've been wanting a snowblower for so long because, even being in my mid-30s, Ottawa's snow dumpings have been taking a toll on my back. I spent a lot of time taking measurements and trying to convince myself if i can squeeze a 2-stage blower. Then i discovered this this ego snow blower. I bought it to give it a try...i can tell you I am now looking forward to using it whenever there's a dumping of snow! It can handle 30cms snow with no probs, wet or dry. And you can fold up the handle bar and prop it in a position so it fits in storage beside my car. I just bring the batteries back inside the house. But i also have to unscrew the chute to make things fit since the chute sticks out too much....but that's a small price to pay to have a snowblower in my garage, stored right at the front of the garage door! As for city snow plow walls, you have to give it some fight if it's compacted snow...but I have seen 2-stage snow blowers going through the same kind of struggles on those.

This will be my 3rd winter with it this coming season.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1137 posts
1082 upvotes
Mooooonnn
GadgetShopper wrote:

My second attempt to refund the leaf blower worked. The super nice CSR refunded the full price of leaf blower since there is no max refund value on the online order.
Noice, congrats!

Which store is it, or is it done via online/phone channel CSR? I think it is highly ymmv, as you can interpret either no value/full value/ calculate proportional value/deny return.
Last edited by anshiren on Oct 17th, 2019 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1137 posts
1082 upvotes
Mooooonnn
da_guy2 wrote:
Hate to say it but I've in the same boat for 6/7 of those and just got one... Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Get one as you can use both snow and leaf blower. Should be a good deal for you, because you are saving at least $100 for not buying a leaf blower. Also in future it will be good when you need other Ego outdoor product without paying batteries/charger.

It is expensive, but this price comes with a good performance and customer service, convenience, sharable battery for other products.

Only concern is
1. battery life span, you may need to replace it after 4-7 years, while a decent gas one may last you a decade. But I feel it worths it, considering you are saving the hassle of pulling/oil change/gas refill/easy storage.
2. The plastic scraper at the bottom is discussed and complaint a lot on Ego forum. They say due to the design, it needs to be replaced very often, about once per season ($30-40). So if your driveway is not flat/gravel, it is not a good choice. Or need modification (void warranty) to address this issue
https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/ ... n-problems

But note, for above issues, a not-so-decent gas one that cost similar may also only last 4-5 years, and may have some issue that require parts replacement/maintenance
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2007
1340 posts
1431 upvotes
Land of Oil & Ga…
Got Home Depot Card 10% off tonight when I purchased. Cashier applied the discount, no issues at all whatsoever.

Dec 13, 2004
73 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
dingmah wrote: Got Home Depot Card 10% off tonight when I purchased. Cashier applied the discount, no issues at all whatsoever.

I got the $100 off if you spend $1000 or more, on your first purchase, when signing up for a no fee HD CC. Spending an extra $102 wasn't hard if you need something from HD anyways. The cashier applied it to the snow blower and I returned the leaf blower right after the purchase. It worked out to be $639.36 for the snow blower and $158.64 for the leaf blower before taxes. Not sure why the ratio wasn't .1807 for the leaf blower, but that is what it says on my receipt.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
3279 posts
1272 upvotes
Montreal
I had my Ego snow blower since they released it so this will be my 4th season and It will be the first season with a new scrapper.
Just call in Ego, complain a little about the scrapper and they will send you a free one.
| Intel I7 9700K | Asus Z390-E Gaming | Kingston HX426C13PB3k2/32 @ 2666mhz | Asus Strix RTX 2080 Super | 970 Evo Plus 500gb NVMe | Seasonic 750PX | Define R6 USB-C | H115I Pro | Klipsch R-41PM | Dell U3818DW | Logitech Craft | Logitech MX Master 3S |
Jul 2, 2011
285 posts
173 upvotes
Pickering, ON
dingmah wrote: Got Home Depot Card 10% off tonight when I purchased. Cashier applied the discount, no issues at all whatsoever.

SoloLeveling wrote: I got the $100 off if you spend $1000 or more, on your first purchase, when signing up for a no fee HD CC. Spending an extra $102 wasn't hard if you need something from HD anyways. The cashier applied it to the snow blower and I returned the leaf blower right after the purchase. It worked out to be $639.36 for the snow blower and $158.64 for the leaf blower before taxes. Not sure why the ratio wasn't .1807 for the leaf blower, but that is what it says on my receipt.
In case you didn't notice, that's still a 10% discount but it effectively applies a maximum of $100.

Tom
Apr 30, 2008
634 posts
231 upvotes
Waterloo
SoloLeveling wrote: I got the $100 off if you spend $1000 or more, on your first purchase, when signing up for a no fee HD CC. Spending an extra $102 wasn't hard if you need something from HD anyways. The cashier applied it to the snow blower and I returned the leaf blower right after the purchase. It worked out to be $639.36 for the snow blower and $158.64 for the leaf blower before taxes. Not sure why the ratio wasn't .1807 for the leaf blower, but that is what it says on my receipt.
Did you get both 10% and 100$ off?
Dec 23, 2011
299 posts
202 upvotes
Curious on this one too if you were able to stack the 10% off and the $100 off if you spend $1000 or more.
Jul 28, 2010
61 posts
31 upvotes
gleech wrote: Curious on this one too if you were able to stack the 10% off and the $100 off if you spend $1000 or more.
Can’t. I tried Pensive Face