Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Ego Power Markdowns at Home Depot

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 11:52 pm
Jan 23, 2012
281 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto
Tried my LM2102SP for the first time today. With the self propelled option(speed of the mower itself) didn't have any issues with the cut quality. I guess if I'll push faster I might run into the issues people described but if you go slow enough the cut quality is good.
Jan 23, 2012
281 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto
Mcklain wrote: Where did you get that coupon?
Also I am down for a dual stage in kit. If you just add youre single stage and my dual stage we get to 2250$ minimum.
you can get $150 coupon yourself. Try using lowes in incognito mode and wait for coupon to show up in the banner...
[OP]
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
19553 posts
4164 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Mcklain wrote: Ego's first gen snow blower went out back in 2016. They were BY FAR way ahead of anything else in the first stage battery operated snow blower at that time.
Toro came out with there model in 2019....They just didnt have a choice but to come out with something equal or better in performance than the aging Ego 2016 model.

Now I dont know how you can tell that the new SNT2114 is not as good as the Toro E21 since there is no review with snow out yet for that new model.
The old 2016 gen 1 snow blower had a rubber auger and Toro has a metal auger...
The main difference between the SNT2100 and SNT2110/4 series is the auger. Ego has not actually highlighted any other differences beyond 5ft more throwing range.
My opinion is based on reviews comparing all aspets of the Toro E21 vs the SNT2100, and looking at how those comparisons would differ with a metal auger.
If you actually look at the comparisons, the Toro has won people over for more reasons than the auger.

If it turns out that Ego has made other subtle improvements that haven't been captured in the marketing, then I'll re-evaluate my opinion.

I would love to get the 2 stage Ego, but I just don't have the storage space.
- Casual Gastronomist -
Jan 23, 2012
281 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto
Jucius Maximus wrote: The main difference between the SNT2100 and SNT2110/4 series is the auger. Ego has not actually highlighted any other differences beyond 5ft more throwing range.
My opinion is based on reviews comparing all aspets of the Toro E21 vs the SNT2100, and looking at how those comparisons would differ with a metal auger.
If you actually look at the comparisons, the Toro has won people over for more reasons than the auger.

If it turns out that Ego has made other subtle improvements that haven't been captured in the marketing, then I'll re-evaluate my opinion.

Actually the main reason people loved Toro better than old ego snow blower is the metal auger :)

Here's the toro description :
Snowdrift Strength - All the power to break through heavy, wet snow and throw it up to 40 feet.
Crush Snow to the Curb - Rip through tough snow with the durable design of Toro’s patent-pending all-steel Power Edge™ auger.
Power to Get the Job Done - Clear up to a 12-parked-car driveway on a single charge with the included L405 battery and charger.
Extended Life - Enjoy more power, longer runtime and longer life from a Brushless DC Motor.

I don't see any differences between Toro features and the new eGO :)
Oct 9, 2017
112 posts
88 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote: The main difference between the SNT2100 and SNT2110/4 series is the auger. Ego has not actually highlighted any other differences beyond 5ft more throwing range.

There's a lot of conjecture there. If you're right, that's great, but it certainly won't be because of the analysis I just read Slightly Smiling Face
[OP]
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
19553 posts
4164 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
scdima wrote: Actually the main reason people loved Toro better than old ego snow blower is the metal auger :)

Here's the toro description :
Snowdrift Strength - All the power to break through heavy, wet snow and throw it up to 40 feet.
Crush Snow to the Curb - Rip through tough snow with the durable design of Toro’s patent-pending all-steel Power Edge™ auger.
Power to Get the Job Done - Clear up to a 12-parked-car driveway on a single charge with the included L405 battery and charger.
Extended Life - Enjoy more power, longer runtime and longer life from a Brushless DC Motor.

I don't see any differences between Toro features and the new eGO :)
skjohnson wrote: There's a lot of conjecture there. If you're right, that's great, but it certainly won't be because of the analysis I just read Slightly Smiling Face
There's a lot more than this. Looking into previous years' reviews, the Toro E21 was more liked than the Ego SNT2100 in other areas. For example, the Toro scraper bar had much less chance of catching on seams in concrete. Toro's headlight system has better positioning and is much less likely to get blocked by snow. The Toro chute rotation mechanism was all-metal and much more robust when clogged with snow. Toro had reportedly better ergonomics. Overall Toro build quality was reportedly better.

Has Ego also made changes in the SNT2110/4 in these areas as well? The best side-by-side comparison of SNT2100 vs STN2110 I've seen for now is this French video from Québec (linked below), and they don't seem to cover it.. I haven't seen evidence of it, but I'd love to be proven wrong!

Video
Last edited by Jucius Maximus on Sep 20th, 2020 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Casual Gastronomist -
Jan 23, 2012
281 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto
Jucius Maximus wrote: There's a lot more than this. Looking into previous years' reviews, the Toro E21 was more liked than the Ego SNT2100 in other areas. For example, the Toro scraper bar had much less chance of catching on seams in concrete. Toro's headlight system has better positioning and is much less likely to get blocked by snow. The Toro chute rotation mechanism was all-metal and much more robust when clogged with snow. Toro had reportedly better ergonomics. Overall Toro build quality was reportedly better.

Has Ego also made changes in the SNT2110/4 in these areas as well? The best side-by-side comparison of SNT2100 vs STN2110 I've seen for now is this French video from Québec, and they don't seem to cover it.. I haven't seen evidence of it, but I'd love to be proven wrong!
Toro ergonomics and build quality is highly subjective. Yes, Toro know how to build single stage snow blower auger and body . The main point is the ecosystem . If you use eGO products, buying Toro battery powered snow blower doesn't make sense ...

Personally, I've decided to keep my honda hs720 for one more season and see how the new ego will manage this year.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
19553 posts
4164 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
scdima wrote: If you use eGO products, buying Toro battery powered snow blower doesn't make sense ...

Personally, I've decided to keep my honda hs720 for one more season and see how the new ego will manage this year.
Indeed, I already got a second Ego 5 Ah battery at HD's reduced prices, in anticipation of picking up the SNT2110 snowthrower.
That being said, I'm willing to spend more if the Toro product is objectively better for my needs.

The BNIB new Ego 5 Ah battery will probably hold its value pretty well on the resale market anyway. Winking Face
- Casual Gastronomist -
Dec 25, 2004
809 posts
142 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote: Indeed, I already got a second Ego 5 Ah battery at HD's reduced prices, in anticipation of picking up the SNT2110 snowthrower.
That being said, I'm willing to spend more if the Toro product is objectively better for my needs.

The BNIB new Ego 5 Ah battery will probably hold its value pretty well on the resale market anyway. Winking Face
I have a crisp $100 bill waiting for you :)
Jul 10, 2019
203 posts
214 upvotes
I'm going to chime in on this Toro blower.

A couple weeks back when I was checking HD every few days in hopes of a deal, the blowers weren't out yet. As it turns out, the HD in my area didn't have the Ego blowers, at all, not even a store model when I was there last week.

But I did get a chance to check the Toro. I'm not familiar with it's battery models but I do know their power clears are rock solid.

Anyway, I squeezed some handles, pulled this, tilted that, found the battery compartment and assumed it was some cheap model in the $500 dollar range to compete with Snowjoe and Kowbalt. Turns out it was the 60v unit being discussed here. This thing was $998, and would not last in Winnipeg winters. No way, no how. It was so flimsy...I had to scoff at the price.

Two things, this is not a comparison because I've not seen the old or new Ego. However, if the Ego turns out to be as flimsy as the Toro, I'm sticking with gas.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4137 posts
3075 upvotes
Markham
Aurora this morning:

For those interested, I counted 12 snowblowers in stock here.
72B0E38B-9AC8-4627-8198-BC3017790059.jpeg
738750BE-41B2-42B2-869C-678086927276.jpeg
42D1F707-BEE3-4D3E-924D-A9C87E3AD39B.jpeg
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4137 posts
3075 upvotes
Markham
Str8Grumpz wrote: I'm going to chime in on this Toro blower.

A couple weeks back when I was checking HD every few days in hopes of a deal, the blowers weren't out yet. As it turns out, the HD in my area didn't have the Ego blowers, at all, not even a store model when I was there last week.

But I did get a chance to check the Toro. I'm not familiar with it's battery models but I do know their power clears are rock solid.

Anyway, I squeezed some handles, pulled this, tilted that, found the battery compartment and assumed it was some cheap model in the $500 dollar range to compete with Snowjoe and Kowbalt. Turns out it was the 60v unit being discussed here. This thing was $998, and would not last in Winnipeg winters. No way, no how. It was so flimsy...I had to scoff at the price.

Two things, this is not a comparison because I've not seen the old or new Ego. However, if the Ego turns out to be as flimsy as the Toro, I'm sticking with gas.
All cordless electrics will feel ‘flimsy’ compared to gas blowers. They will be lighter and use a lot more plastic compared to say a Honda HS720 which is built like a tank with tons of metal.

What matters most tbh is A) The auger. B) The chute design. Rest of the body clad in quality plastic should actually last longer than metal.

Toro is using a metal auger which at least in theory should work better and last far longer than consumable paddles.

And I think Toro has already switched to plastic chute on their power clear gas line for quite a long time and it seems to work reasonably well.

I had a quick look at E21 and it wasn’t really that bad at all. Whether or not it or the ego can tackle very heavy snow etc. is a different debate though. Myself, I will stick with my Honda despite the pain in the bottom chute tilt mechanism that jams every single year and gives me headache to lube/clear because I know it can tackle drifts twice its height!
Oct 7, 2007
267 posts
30 upvotes
I picked up what I think was the last LM2135SP in London on Sunday for 649 + tax it was marked down to 749 and I asked for another 100 off as it was the last one and they gave it to me
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1354 posts
479 upvotes
Richmond, ON
X24Secret wrote: Aurora this morning:

For those interested, I counted 12 snowblowers in stock here.

72B0E38B-9AC8-4627-8198-BC3017790059.jpeg738750BE-41B2-42B2-869C-678086927276.jpeg42D1F707-BEE3-4D3E-924D-A9C87E3AD39B.jpeg
were the snowblowers full kits or bare tools?

I know for the Ottawa peeps, we are patiently waiting.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)