Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

Eufy Outdoor PRO 2K Camera w/ spot light • $67.50 - $71.99 PM w/BestBuy (reg. $130) • YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2022 11:28 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2723 posts
3635 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON

[Home Depot] Eufy Outdoor PRO 2K Camera w/ spot light • $67.50 - $71.99 PM w/BestBuy (reg. $130) • YMMV

•••••• SOME RFD MEMBERS PRESSED THEIR LUCK AND WERE ABLE TO SCORE THIS CAMERA FOR $67.60 (PM TO REFURBISHED CAM FROM EUFY MARKETPLACE VIA BESTBUY.CA, THATS PRACTICALLY 50% OFF ••••••

All around, great DIY outdoor security camera/system.

I myself have been using the indoor version of this camera outside (under soffit) for over 2yrs now and it has been great, wanted to update to the official outdoor version but it rarely goes on sale (reg. $129) its popped up on costco.ca for $150 for a 2 pack but it goes out of stock in minutes.

Just noticed this camera went on sale for $100 on BestBuy and I was able to price match with Home Depot + 10% off.

Home Depot
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/eufy-s ... 1001649525

BestBuy
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/eu ... e/15446937

BestBuy (Open Box / Marketplace - Eufy)
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/eu ... x/15982549

BestBuy (Refurbished / Marketplace - Eufy)
https://bestbuyca.o93x.net/c/341376/644 ... r=PDP_Reco

***If making an attempt to PM BB marketplace make sure you do NOT mention that it's open box otherwise you'll get denied on the spot, they might not catch it. There is also $74.99 for refurbished but I have a feeling that would get spotted fast with "refurbished" in the title if trying to price match

Luckily Home Depot and BestBuy have this camera with the same model number (T8441121) so PMing should be simple enough.

Depending on the province you're in price should be $90 $72 + sales tax.

••••• YMMV - I WAS ABLE TO ORDER A SECOND CAMERA BY PRICE MATCHING BEST BUY - OPEN BOX FROM EUFY MARKETPLACE FOR $71.99 + HST. A NUMBER OF RFD MEMBERS WERE ALSO ABLE TO PRICE MATCH VIA HOME DEPOT CHAT FOR THE EUFY PRO (C24) OPEN BOX ($79.99) MAKING THE TOTAL AFTER 10% OFF ONLY $71.99+TAX. AN ALL TIME LOW FOR THE OUTDOOR C24, AS THE LOWER SPEC'D C22 (1080 [C22] INSTEAD OF 2K [C24]) WENT FOR $65 ON PRIME DAY •••••

Last edited by remik on Aug 3rd, 2022 9:05 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Thread Summary
If you're shopping for more options, RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best home security cameras!
119 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
3177 posts
806 upvotes
Alberta
Have they ever fixed these so they work properly with Google Home? I've owned a selection of Eufy cameras, all with terrible Google Home issues.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2723 posts
3635 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
scouzer wrote: Have they ever fixed these so they work properly with Google Home? I've owned a selection of Eufy cameras, all with terrible Google Home issues.
Don't think so, sometimes "Hey Google, show front door" works, sometimes it doesnt. Not really a deal breaker for me as I've found the image quality, movement detection great, and app is simple enough for me. Having better integration with GH would be great, but at almost 150% cheaper than the Google Nest Outdoor Cam (wired) the price was right. I don't bother with wireless/battery outdoor cameras, i wanna "set it and forget it" and not worry about climbing a ladder every so often to recharge .
Aug 12, 2012
18 posts
1 upvote
MISSISSAUGA
Thanks OP! Bought 2. Been eyeing this at The Source since I had a GC lying around, but it's been OOS for months.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
3177 posts
806 upvotes
Alberta
remik wrote: Don't think so, sometimes "Hey Google, show front door" works, sometimes it doesnt. Not really a deal breaker for me as I've found the image quality, movement detection great, and app is simple enough for me. Having better integration with GH would be great, but at almost 150% cheaper than the Google Nest Outdoor Cam (wired) the price was right. I don't bother with wireless/battery outdoor cameras, i wanna "set it and forget it" and not worry about climbing a ladder every so often to recharge .
Bummer. I want to like Eufy products so much, but there are glaring issues like this that are just a pain in the butt.
Sep 21, 2006
616 posts
223 upvotes
Amherstview
By any chance you had a chance to see if it playbacks the video feed well on Nest hub displays? i.e. does it fail frequently to connect to video feed when invoked from the hub display screen ( not Hey Google, show xxx), video feeds buffers? Also does the app have time lines for event history similar to the Nest app?
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
3177 posts
806 upvotes
Alberta
micron15 wrote: By any chance you had a chance to see if it playbacks the video feed well on Nest hub displays? i.e. does it fail frequently to connect to video feed when invoked from the hub display screen ( not Hey Google, show xxx), video feeds buffers? Also does the app have time lines for event history similar to the Nest app?
Lol pretty much the only thing that has been discussed here already...
Mar 11, 2019
626 posts
647 upvotes
I have one and it's pretty great. The power connector is a bit goofy. Seems like micro USB and it's not easy to get connected. They need to put marks on the connector showing which way to orient it. The image quality is fantastic. The audio turns to static sound when loud events occur like a Harley with no mufflers goes by. Otherwise it's very clear. I can hear my neighbors talking clearly from 50 feet away. The firmware has been update a couple times since I got it late spring. I would buy another and recommend it to family and friends
Mar 31, 2009
331 posts
449 upvotes
if needed at least four, it will cost almost the same per unit (when on sale) to get a 4K NVR set from Costco that also includes 4K (compared to this 2K Eufy) POE cameras with spotlights, alarm speaker, 2 way audio, and generally much better build (all metal) plus the NVR itself.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2005
1431 posts
754 upvotes
zlicht wrote: if needed at least four, it will cost almost the same per unit (when on sale) to get a 4K NVR set from Costco that also includes 4K (compared to this 2K Eufy) POE cameras with spotlights, alarm speaker, 2 way audio, and generally much better build (all metal) plus the NVR itself.
Have a link?
Oct 20, 2019
708 posts
1475 upvotes
Ottawa
I use the Eufy IndoorCam P24 outside, and it has survived Canadian winter with no issues while sitting under a roof overhang. I'd say the only advantage this cam has is the spotlights, while the IndoorCam P24 has pan and tilt. It's also half the price!

It goes on sale for $50 every now and then:
https://www.amazon.ca/Security-Assistan ... C73&sr=8-5
Mar 31, 2009
331 posts
449 upvotes
Superman_2099 wrote: Have a link?
This set was $100-$150 off in the past.
Sure this rebranded Swann is not Teledyne FLIR quality level but no doubt better built and more versatile than the plastic Eufy
Oct 4, 2021
30 posts
60 upvotes
Been using this for over a month now and it has been solid with a few exceptions.

Motion detection is a bit spotty and detects motion outside of the activity zone if all other motion setting is turned on. Workaround is to turn on only human and pet detection and turn off all other motion. Eufy support mentioned they are aware and working on a fix.

The spotlight will not turn on at night when movement is detected, if there is sufficient light around the camera. The camera will never go into black and white mode when there is enough ambient light around. Eufy customer support mentioned the team is working on a fix so for now can only schedule spotlights to turn on at certain time and it will stay on.

If there is enough ambient light I found the night vision at par with Wyze V3.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2723 posts
3635 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner.

I decided to try my luck and was able to successfully price match at HD with Best Buy Marketplace - Eufy (Open Box); $71.99+tax Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes for brand new Eufy Pro.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2723 posts
3635 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
If you press your luck you may end up spending less than the elusive Costco deal of $150 for a 2 pack that comes and goes and usually sells out in an hour or two.
Aug 14, 2010
20 posts
29 upvotes
Thanks @remik , successfully PM'd HomeDepot as well at $71.99 beating the Costco 2 pack
Nov 24, 2018
402 posts
141 upvotes
remik wrote: If you press your luck you may end up spending less than the elusive Costco deal of $150 for a 2 pack that comes and goes and usually sells out in an hour or two.
Which brand are you referring to?
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
2327 posts
2364 upvotes
Ottawa
ATOMANTMAN wrote: I have one and it's pretty great. The power connector is a bit goofy. Seems like micro USB and it's not easy to get connected. They need to put marks on the connector showing which way to orient it. The image quality is fantastic. The audio turns to static sound when loud events occur like a Harley with no mufflers goes by. Otherwise it's very clear. I can hear my neighbors talking clearly from 50 feet away. The firmware has been update a couple times since I got it late spring. I would buy another and recommend it to family and friends
Shhhh my neighbours don't know that yet

Made me realize how everything we say outside is pretty much 'public'

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)