Expired Hot Deals

[The Home Depot] EZVIZ DB1 Wired Smart 3MP Wi-Fi Video Doorbell with 180 Degree Vertical FOV $117

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2020 8:30 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 28, 2017
20 posts
41 upvotes
fmark wrote: It was quite easy to PM Walmart. Walmart shows the same model#.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/ezviz-db1- ... 0200089557
Relevant...

"After October 15th, you’ll no longer be able to ad match other retailers in-store or at Walmart.ca. Walmart stores will however still price match their own website, Walmart.ca (should an item be available for less online)."

https://www.redflagdeals.com/latest-new ... ober-15th/
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
2455 posts
1288 upvotes
Mississauga
This is a very decent Hikvision rebrand if you do not want to tie yourself in Amazon/Google/Apple/ etc ecosystem. Interestingly, I did not have to do anything to make it work with BlueIris. I am on the default firmware provided by Ezviz and I record 24/7 to BlueIris. In addition, I also get calls and alerts on the phone app. The installation is easy if you already have a hardwired doorbell with 24v transformer, and mine has never dropped off the wifi as well. I got it sometime last year when Staples had it on sale for 110$ I believe. Overall a very good price.
Nov 15, 2008
192 posts
258 upvotes
Montreal
Buyer beware, if you end up having to deal with EZVIZ customer support, they are *horrible*. I lost hours with them and now I've got a 120$ paperweight.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10053 posts
6105 upvotes
will888 wrote: It is just a doorbell. If someone wanted to bypass whatever security it offers, they could just give the thing a whack and it will stop working. These days, a bigger deterrent can be achieved by putting up big a sign noting that occupant is undergoing covid-19 self isolation, lol.
Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing for my needs...you and I likely have different goals in mind. In my case, the deterrent aspect is provided by other measures. Whereas with this, I need the functional aspect...video capturing...porch pirates. Maybe I'm overthinking this. Going with a wired solution.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2005
1419 posts
551 upvotes
Thanks Op. This is exactly what I need to my existing BlueIris setup. Will just have to wait until HD customer service is open before I can get them to price match.
[OP]
Feb 28, 2017
20 posts
41 upvotes
animous wrote: Buyer beware, if you end up having to deal with EZVIZ customer support, they are *horrible*. I lost hours with them and now I've got a 120$ paperweight.
@animous would you be able to elaborate on the issue you had with the device? It would help out those sitting on the fence, as well as brace the rest of us who have already purchased the unit.

I typically purchase these off brands with the intent that support will be unhelpful or non-existent.
Nov 15, 2008
192 posts
258 upvotes
Montreal
Doesn't power on except for two IR leds that barely light up. I have 18-19V at the wires. Even bought a 30 amp transformer as per forum threads of other users having issues on ipcamtalk.

Best of luck to you guys, I'm sure it's a great device when it works. Just don't do the same mistake I did and put off installation until it's too late to return it if it doesn't work. ;)
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19490 posts
7617 upvotes
Toronto
animous wrote: Doesn't power on except for two IR leds that barely light up. I have 18-19V at the wires. Even bought a 30 amp transformer as per forum threads of other users having issues on ipcamtalk.

Best of luck to you guys, I'm sure it's a great device when it works. Just don't do the same mistake I did and put off installation until it's too late to return it if it doesn't work. ;)
Do you have a mechanical doorbell? Typically a transformer that can operate a mechanical doorbell will work with this unit. I have a mechanical doorbell and have no problems getting it to work without a transformer change. The unit comes with a little battery that had to be added to the circuit. Anyway, I wired it up per instructions and have had no issues except for the shortcomings as noted previously.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet, $5/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19490 posts
7617 upvotes
Toronto
chatbox wrote: Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing for my needs...you and I likely have different goals in mind. In my case, the deterrent aspect is provided by other measures. Whereas with this, I need the functional aspect...video capturing...porch pirates. Maybe I'm overthinking this. Going with a wired solution.
I don't have any porch pirate concerns and if I did, getting a doorbell is not how I would go about resolving the problem.
Tangerine Bank
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19490 posts
7617 upvotes
Toronto
animous wrote: Doesn't power on except for two IR leds that barely light up. I have 18-19V at the wires. Even bought a 30 amp transformer as per forum threads of other users having issues on ipcamtalk.

Their support is prompt but useless. If you want someone to point the finger at you, contact their tech support. In the early days, I had issues with stuttering video playback which I attributed to their app or firmware. Of course, they blamed my network for the problem. They would not believe me when I tell them that my connection shows pretty much full bars on the router. The camera is all of 3 megapixels, the data rate is not high at all. Anyway, after a some updates, the problem has disappeared.
Tangerine Bank
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10053 posts
6105 upvotes
will888 wrote: I don't have any porch pirate concerns and if I did, getting a doorbell is not how I would go about resolving the problem.
Yeah, it's only a doorbell afterall...

In my case, I don't have this situation just yet, but I much rather to have the evidence should it happen. Doesn't really resolve the problem as you mentioned, but it's a step towards getting a smoother resolution experience. Just in the preparation, I guess.
Dec 6, 2008
729 posts
207 upvotes
Are you able to view the doorbell video in the latest google nest hub. I was told that hkvision products can no longer stream on google nest
Aug 20, 2019
145 posts
151 upvotes

I had the exact same issue...
[OP]
Feb 28, 2017
20 posts
41 upvotes
itemsale2003 wrote: Are you able to view the doorbell video in the latest google nest hub. I was told that hkvision products can no longer stream on google nest
Unfortunately I do not have a nest hub. Hopefully someone will chime in Face With Tears Of Joy🤣Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat with some feedback.
Dec 6, 2008
729 posts
207 upvotes
dn0r0nha wrote: Unfortunately I do not have a nest hub. Hopefully someone will chime in Face With Tears Of Joy🤣Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat with some feedback.
Yes. I think I asked this before too and no one has answered. When you search online you only see videos from one year back trying to connect to google home. None say whether this has worked on the google nest screen. I'm skeptical as you would think google would want only their nest doorbell to work with the hub and block others.