Expired Hot Deals

[The Home Depot] EZVIZ DB1 Wired Smart 3MP Wi-Fi Video Doorbell with 180 Degree Vertical FOV $117

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2020 8:30 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3289 posts
3483 upvotes
Video shows how to connect the transformer to chime but mine looks way off. Anyone can offer any guidance ?

The grey wire I have looks to travel but not connect to the chime!! Also I have a third wire for some reason.
Images
  • 20201015_175838.jpg
  • 20201015_175852.jpg
  • 20201015_175920.jpg
  • 20201015_175924.jpg
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Apr 8, 2013
6 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
T is transformer, 1 is Front, 2 is Rear. You may have more than 1 doorbell connected to the chime.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19486 posts
7615 upvotes
Toronto
itemsale2003 wrote: Are you able to view the doorbell video in the latest google nest hub. I was told that hkvision products can no longer stream on google nest
It does not work with the google nest hub. I understand that it can work with Amazon hubs.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet, $5/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3289 posts
3483 upvotes
Fortwstudent wrote: T is transformer, 1 is Front, 2 is Rear. You may have more than 1 doorbell connected to the chime.
Thank you very much. And yes I just realized as you mentioned this that I have a side door with a doorbell, never worked and never used as ppl usually ring the front.

So I will connect my transformer to T and 1.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
[OP]
Feb 28, 2017
20 posts
41 upvotes
RobertA212 wrote: I had the exact same issue...
Update... my 12VAC is unable to drive the camera and IR LEDs. Turned off the IR LED functionality for now and exterior "door bell sound", will be swapping out for the 16VAC 30VA transformer.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
2436 posts
1269 upvotes
Mississauga
itemsale2003 wrote: Are you able to view the doorbell video in the latest google nest hub. I was told that hkvision products can no longer stream on google nest
Not sure what your setup is. But if you setup a webserver on one of your computers, and then expose the rtsp feed out of the doorbell, you should be able to stream it on virtually any device which supports online streaming.
I have webserver enabled on my Blueiris setup, and I continuously stream all my cameras on my local LAN.
Jul 21, 2013
742 posts
405 upvotes
Calgary
I have this one for a while, it's a good thing but the app and support is subpar. It often doesn't show the video when someone rings, support told me to just re-install the app.

If you want to ditch the EZVIZ app and use the Hikvision one, then you need the Hikvision appstore or sideload the app as they are not in Google Play.

I have to restart the camera a few times a month because it kinda crashes, I have it hooked up to Blueiris too.

If you want something to tinker with yourself, then this is good, if you want something that just works out of the box, stay away.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2135 posts
1077 upvotes
casterol wrote: Is this EZVIZ any good vs Eufy ? Thx
Same question. Now I got another doorbell in the mix to consider against the Eufy and Ring lol.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19486 posts
7615 upvotes
Toronto
stansoltz wrote: Does it come in black? Or white only
There are 3 faceplates, white, brown, black.
Tangerine Bank
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19486 posts
7615 upvotes
Toronto
Roger21 wrote: I have this one for a while, it's a good thing but the app and support is subpar. It often doesn't show the video when someone rings, support told me to just re-install the app.

If you want to ditch the EZVIZ app and use the Hikvision one, then you need the Hikvision appstore or sideload the app as they are not in Google Play.

I have to restart the camera a few times a month because it kinda crashes, I have it hooked up to Blueiris too.

If you want something to tinker with yourself, then this is good, if you want something that just works out of the box, stay away.
I tried alternate apps, but they are not as good as the stock app. As for rebooting the doorbell, I have had to do it once so far. I complained to support that removing power is a brutal way to reboot and that it should be provided in the app. They basically ignored my comment.
Tangerine Bank
Nov 28, 2007
649 posts
49 upvotes
Was considering returning my Eufy from Prime and grabbing this one, mostly because of using existing chime/not messing with transformer and SD storage. But looks like I will need to change my transformer for this one too and the other comments above are pushing me towards the Eufy.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3102 posts
862 upvotes
Toronto
The wyze doorbell will be available in a few months (hopefully in Canada too) for a fraction of the cost, just for anyone who was not already aware and are in the market for a smart doorbell.

https://wyze.com/wyze-doorbell.html
Nov 28, 2007
649 posts
49 upvotes
TheGoodDealer wrote: The wyze doorbell will be available in a few months (hopefully in Canada too) for a fraction of the cost, just for anyone who was not already aware and are in the market for a smart doorbell.

https://wyze.com/wyze-doorbell.html
Was looking at that as I have a few wyze cams. But I'm trying to avoid monthly fees