Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] First Alert EZ Fire Spray - $14.88 (Warm)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2020 12:13 am
[OP]
Mar 16, 2008
42 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto

[Home Depot] First Alert EZ Fire Spray - $14.88 (Warm)

These are really handy to have around a kitchen and are less of an eye sore than your regular extinguisher. I bought one on sale from Lowe’s at the same price, so calling this warm but still a great price. I’ve never had to use this (fortunately?) but if you check out the U.S. Amazon reviews, the product is really good and the proof is in the stories/pictures.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/first- ... 1001389522
14 replies
Jul 6, 2010
812 posts
1660 upvotes
Toronto
Costco has a 2-pack for $19.99 in store, IIRC.
i am upside down
Dec 14, 2010
1 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Long time lurker but in the name of safety (and FWIW), I have this and had to use it in an emergency situation, I can verify that this is no gimmick and it does work for small fires.
A small squirt of this (~5 second spray) was able to put out a pot on fire on my stove. I now own 4 or 5 of these around my house.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
4880 posts
4745 upvotes
Toronto
Market wrote: Long time lurker but in the name of safety (and FWIW), I have this and had to use it in an emergency situation, I can verify that this is no gimmick and it does work for small fires.
A small squirt of this (~5 second spray) was able to put out a pot on fire on my stove. I now own 4 or 5 of these around my house.
How long before they have to be replaced?
May 8, 2016
376 posts
507 upvotes
umopapisdnwei wrote: Costco has a 2-pack for $19.99 in store, IIRC.
Costco had it on sale for $14.99 a few weeks ago. Don’t remember the exact date.
Jan 24, 2015
529 posts
416 upvotes
GTA
soupmaster666 wrote: I believe three years from date of manufacture. Partially because they have no pressure gauge so you cannot validate they're still good.
can you safely throw it in the garbage bin after 3 years?
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
1968 posts
839 upvotes
Antarctica
Are these ok for grease fires in the kitchen? I remember reading a consumer reports article where they mentioned sprays like these might make such fires worse.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
4880 posts
4745 upvotes
Toronto
Crichtonfan wrote: Are these ok for grease fires in the kitchen? I remember reading a consumer reports article where they mentioned sprays like these might make such fires worse.
Yes, this extinguishes grease, paper, fabric, wood and electrical fires and ideal for the kitchen, garage, on boats, or in RVs

https://www.firstalert.ca/product/ez-fire-spray/
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
8897 posts
1807 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought these about a year ago and they’re expire in 2025

Never had to use it but feel a lot better having two of them in the condo. One in kitchen and one near the bbq.

Cheaper and less work then a fire extinguisher. they’re usually at Costco west for $20 but I grabbed a couple a few weeks ago for $15.

Good gift
Autocorrect sucks
Oct 31, 2010
397 posts
769 upvotes
Montreal
GangStarr wrote: I bought these about a year ago and they’re expire in 2025
I bought mine probably right before pre-covid outbreak and they expire in Nov 2024.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2743 posts
1392 upvotes
B.C.
Someone is trying to flip one of these (likely from the costco deal) on VarageSale here for $15 Face With Tears Of Joy