• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2018 8:28 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 18, 2008
1858 posts
175 upvotes

[Home Depot] Flex Bit Auger 3/8" x 72"

Just went to HD to look for a round electrical box and came across these flexible bits showing 50% off at the Caledonia HD.

Not sure if it's a superb deal, but it would definitely help with some home improvements down the line.
Images
  • IMG_20180822_181742.jpg
  • IMG_20180822_181746.jpg
Items For Sale:
Jacket and Shoes
Trades
16 replies
Newbie
Oct 27, 2016
81 posts
87 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Well, it looks like everything on that wall is 50%, which is a smoking deal for Klein stuff. I wonder if all the stores are clearing it out...

That said, I had a need for one of those augers once and broke three in a row trying to complete one hole - definitely not reliable.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 18, 2008
1858 posts
175 upvotes
mikerg wrote: Well, it looks like everything on that wall is 50%, which is a smoking deal for Klein stuff. I wonder if all the stores are clearing it out...

That said, I had a need for one of those augers once and broke three in a row trying to complete one hole - definitely not reliable.
With klein products? Yeesh, I wonder why they are popular in the electrical industry then :/
Items For Sale:
Jacket and Shoes
Trades
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 9, 2003
18891 posts
3166 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
I have one that I use quite a bit at a work over the last few years. That is a great deal. I usually use it to to drill from a wall jack down into a basement or crawl space to fish wire or fibre. I've never broken one but I have hit nails. They're pretty sharp and normally cut very quickly, so if you encounter any resistance you need to back off and find a new location.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 18, 2008
1858 posts
175 upvotes
i6s1 wrote: I have one that I use quite a bit at a work over the last few years. That is a great deal. I usually use it to to drill from a wall jack down into a basement or crawl space to fish wire or fibre. I've never broken one but I have hit nails. They're pretty sharp and normally cut very quickly, so if you encounter any resistance you need to back off and find a new location.
do you have a 72" length bit? I'm afraid of it shearing under the load.
Items For Sale:
Jacket and Shoes
Trades
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 9, 2003
18891 posts
3166 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
Questionz wrote: do you have a 72" length bit? I'm afraid of it shearing under the load.
Mine looks about 5' so I probably have the 60" version.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1440 posts
1450 upvotes
GTA
Would this auger be exactly why one would need to install pot lights?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 10, 2008
4942 posts
1545 upvotes
Klein stuff on 50% off/
Let's hug it out
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 25, 2007
3039 posts
2344 upvotes
SquadG wrote: This bit is too small. You would need at a minimum 5/8" for the wire (14/2).
This is what I need. About to do some pot lights.

If anyone has seen this on sale anywhere I would appreciate posting details :)
Deal Guru
User avatar
Dec 11, 2004
10345 posts
2915 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Just to be careful not to push it through nails, it will damage it.

I find that 54" is just barely long enough, 72" will be very ackward to use, so an extension + 54" may have been better
Member
Jun 5, 2009
239 posts
558 upvotes
Vancouver
mikerg wrote: Well, it looks like everything on that wall is 50%, which is a smoking deal for Klein stuff. I wonder if all the stores are clearing it out...

That said, I had a need for one of those augers once and broke three in a row trying to complete one hole - definitely not reliable.
The 50% off on the rest is the main intetest here. Be interested to see more.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 25, 2007
3039 posts
2344 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote: Just to be careful not to push it through nails, it will damage it.

I find that 54" is just barely long enough, 72" will be very ackward to use, so an extension + 54" may have been better
Thanks....I will keep an eye out for nails. I hope it is long enough, I will find out soon.
Sr. Member
Jan 31, 2011
960 posts
510 upvotes
Toronto
mrmccowcow wrote: Full price at Markham HD
They don't let you PM Caledon? Try Markham East, I successfully PMed the placement tool for $12.87. If you have the flex drill bits already, the placement tool is a good investment for only $12.87. I had my eyes on it for a while but it never goes on sale until now.

https://www.kleintools.com/videos/klein ... -extension

Top