Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Flexzilla 50' Hose $53.95 after PM

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2020 4:11 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
Nov 26, 2016
115 posts
96 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Home Depot] Flexzilla 50' Hose $53.95 after PM

Been on sale via KMS Tools for a while, totally forgot HD would knock 10% off the price beyond matching. Haven't seen a sale expiry date yet and it's been about 2-3 weeks so far when I noticed on sale.

This is my 2nd Flexzilla (now I have 1 in front and 1 in back), love it! Never kinks, durable, flexible and light. I live 5 minutes from the Burnaby HD vs a 20+ minute drive to Coquitlam KMS Tools, plus the extra $6 savings. I was actually just looking to avoid the drive and get a simple 1:1 price match, totally forgot they would beat it!

Home Depot carries: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/flexzi ... 1001098702 at $61.98

Show the KMS Tool ad (in deal URL) to the HD cashier and they will knock 10% ($6) off the $59.95, $60.43 with BC taxes included.
Point out that the model # HFZG550YW is identical, should be able to match like I did (that's all they really look for if there's a model#). The full model# is different as some pointed out but the cashiers don't usually care unless you act like an ass or get someone who's a stickler. I was prepared to explain that HD added on extra numbers to the end, CA usually means Canadian etc, 20 for the year but the cashier saw the first part matched and just okayed it.

Seems like a good deal to me?
Last edited by 604ray on Jul 29th, 2020 1:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
93 replies
Newbie
Nov 7, 2017
82 posts
137 upvotes
Montreal
Is it possible to price match Home Depot with online purchase?
Koodo 39$/10GB
Newbie
Oct 7, 2015
43 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto, ON
604ray wrote: Been on sale via KMS Tools for a while, totally forgot HD would knock 10% off the price beyond matching. Haven't seen a sale expiry date yet and it's been about 2-3 weeks so far when I noticed on sale.

This is my 2nd Flexzilla (now I have 1 in front and 1 in back), love it! Never kinks, durable, flexible and light.

Home Depot carries: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/flexzi ... 1001098702 at $61.98

Show the KMS Tool ad (in deal URL) to the HD cashier and they will knock 10% ($6) off the $59.95, $60.43 with BC taxes included. Seems like a good deal to me?
Isn't it 10% of the price differential? Which comes up to a whopping $0.20 savings. Or does HD offer 10% off the entire price?
Member
User avatar
Nov 14, 2003
340 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
KingYean wrote: Isn't it 10% of the price differential? Which comes up to a whopping $0.20 savings. Or does HD offer 10% off the entire price?
HD offers 10% off the lower price
Jr. Member
Oct 2, 2019
198 posts
132 upvotes
Do you guys think it’s a good idea to drink straight from the hose like in that home depot picture in the link?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2011
1737 posts
606 upvotes
GTA
Costco has black one for $35 in the store!
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
17414 posts
7252 upvotes
Oakville
k847848 wrote: Do you guys think it’s a good idea to drink straight from the hose like in that home depot picture in the link?
We did it all the time as kids back in the 80s and never got sick, that I remember. In retrospect, I imagine that hoses with standing water in them would become an absolute NIGHTMARE breeding ground for bacteria (and insects!).
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2015
3084 posts
2906 upvotes
Alberta
wearysky wrote: We did it all the time as kids back in the 80s and never got sick, that I remember. In retrospect, I imagine that hoses with standing water in them would become an absolute NIGHTMARE breeding ground for bacteria (and insects!).
Everything a growing kid needs! We turned out ok, I think...
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2011
1737 posts
606 upvotes
GTA
sunstar1980 wrote: Which Costco location? Any pictures?
Rapid Flo 30.4 m (100 ft.) Compact Garden Hose

Item #4008100

Online had it for $59.99

East Gwillimbury
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 27, 2005
1700 posts
857 upvotes
amiratish wrote: Rapid Flo 30.4 m (100 ft.) Compact Garden Hose

Item #4008100

East Gwillimbury
Not the same as flexzilla. I've had costco hoses for years and always had problems. Bought a flexzilla hose this year and it's exceptional. Best hose in the market.
Member
Jul 19, 2016
261 posts
106 upvotes
Ontario
amiratish wrote: Rapid Flo 30.4 m (100 ft.) Compact Garden Hose

Item #4008100

Online had it for $59.99

East Gwillimbury

This is not Flexzilla????
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 4, 2006
5897 posts
1633 upvotes
Calgary
wearysky wrote: We did it all the time as kids back in the 80s and never got sick, that I remember. In retrospect, I imagine that hoses with standing water in them would become an absolute NIGHTMARE breeding ground for bacteria (and insects!).
hoses are still used for drinking water, i use this exact hose to fill my RV up with water, as thousands of others do with various hoses... i am sure some are gullible enough to buy in to the "drinking water safe" marketing scam bt i cant imagine how those hoses would be any better at inhibiting bacteria growth or bugs
.
Member
May 13, 2009
228 posts
382 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Thank you! I loved my flexzilla hose...need to a replacement because the kids ran it over with a manual lawnmower.... they were trying to be "helpful" and cut the grass. I tried the silicon tape but I just had way too many deep holes to try and patch it up.

Top