[Home Depot] Flexzilla 50' Hose $53.95 after PM

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2020 4:11 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
3425 posts
636 upvotes
Newbury, ON
Kudos to my HD flexzilla hose, the best hose by far.

Don't get hosed by other hoses.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
17414 posts
7252 upvotes
Oakville
T3rry wrote: hoses are still used for drinking water, i use this exact hose to fill my RV up with water, as thousands of others do with various hoses... i am sure some are gullible enough to buy in to the "drinking water safe" marketing scam bt i cant imagine how those hoses would be any better at inhibiting bacteria growth or bugs
I wasn't even aware of "drinking water safe" hoses being a thing - having a quick google, it seems that they mostly focus on being lead/BPA/pthalate free, as opposed to stopping bug/bacteria growth. I guess if you let the water run a bit to get all the standing water out of it before drinking/filling up the RV, you're getting most of the nastiness out of there.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
1626 posts
123 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
Hi friends!

Two things:
1. I know dis is RFD but for the hassle and time spent PMing HD, wouldn't it be better to support the local guys and buy at KMS?
2. I don't know what the inside looks like but my flexzilla developed black spots (mold?) All along it. Still the best hose ever
Jan 29, 2008
78 posts
37 upvotes
Calgary
I love KMS and do support them when I the area. In YYC they are 40min from my house - HD 5 min.
I always check their prices - especially on saw blades, router bits etc... and HD beats with no issue.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6591 posts
397 upvotes
GT'eh
The swivel grip version of this is awesome, I replaced all mine with these, and still no leaks.... a week after I got mine from HD, I scored a sweet deal on amazon for a new swivel grip 75' hose w/ slightly damaged packaging for $62. Was a bit hesitant at first when hose arrived it was new, the paper and bag it arrived in was worn but worked perfectly. They do pop up from time to time.

One thing to note if you see a really low priced flexzilla hose, double check the grip, as they make different model hoses, one with green/grey plastic or metallic non swivel tip, and the better version with the swivel grip, the one at HD is the one with the swivel grip, the one at KMS from the photo appears to be the one without the swivel grip. Because its a different photo and model hose the HD may decline the PM with KMS, but with the $5 HD sign up coupon brings it down to $56
Last edited by Neovingian on Jul 29th, 2020 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired G@mer & t3<h [0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<hy lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: eBay|1000+ ??? rFD | 300+
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
14811 posts
1134 upvotes
Markham
Neovingian wrote: The swivel grip version of this is awesome, I replaced all mine with these, and still no leaks.... a week after I got mine from HD, I scored a sweet deal on amazon for a new swivel grip 75' hose w/ slightly damaged packaging for $62. Was a bit hesitant at first when hose arrived it was new, the paper and bag it arrived in was worn but worked perfectly. They do pop up from time to time.

One thing to note if you see a really low priced flexzilla hose, double check the grip, as they make different model hoses, one with green/grey plastic or metallic non swivel tip, and the betteer version with the swivel grip, the one at HD is the one with the swivel grip, the one at KMS from the photo appears to be the one without the swivel grip. Because its a different photo and model hose the HD may decline the PM with KMS, but with the $5 HD sign up coupon brings it down to $56
Can confirm that the swivel grip version is the best hose I've ever used.
ShadowVlican
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
17414 posts
7252 upvotes
Oakville
errational wrote: Hi friends!

Two things:
1. I know dis is RFD but for the hassle and time spent PMing HD, wouldn't it be better to support the local guys and buy at KMS?
2. I don't know what the inside looks like but my flexzilla developed black spots (mold?) All along it. Still the best hose ever
Telling RFDers to do ANYTHING that might cost them more money? Blasphemy! Face With Tears Of Joy

That aside... This is a great deal either way. $25 shipping for two of them from KMS to here me in Oakville, and I doubt my local HD will price match (since KMS isn't local). So it ends up being cheaper to get it at HD, for me.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5897 posts
1633 upvotes
Calgary
wearysky wrote: Telling RFDers to do ANYTHING that might cost them more money? Blasphemy! Face With Tears Of Joy

That aside... This is a great deal either way. $25 shipping for two of them from KMS to here me in Oakville, and I doubt my local HD will price match (since KMS isn't local). So it ends up being cheaper to get it at HD, for me.
they'll match but not beat the KMS online price.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2203 posts
2233 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Buy a good quality rubber hose. You won't be replacing them every few years like nylon and plastic hoses.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13609 posts
3145 upvotes
stovetop wrote: Buy a good quality rubber hose. You won't be replacing them every few years like nylon and plastic hoses.
any recommendation which one?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1851 posts
1291 upvotes
You should put YMMV in the title to warn people that the items are not identical.
HD is a swivel grip and KMS is not. This could potentially be an issue.
Dec 28, 2006
828 posts
301 upvotes
Pardon my ignorance, but even after reading the Swivelgrip features from the packaging picture, I still cant really tell what benefit it is giving over the regular grip version.

I bought a regular grip 25' flexzilla hose earlier this summer off amazon, and its such a great quality hose. The regular grips are great already with excellent connection to my spray nozzles with zero leaks, but wish I knew what the swivelgrip would benefit me.
Dec 2, 2007
429 posts
185 upvotes
I"m a big fan of the Stanley ExoJacket hose. Lifetime warranty, similar concept.