Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Flexzilla 50' Hose $53.95 after PM

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2020 4:11 pm
Feb 6, 2019
19 posts
2 upvotes
I have been using Flexzilla hoses for several years now and never had an issue. After replacing hoses regularly, these are by far the best hoses I have ever had. I also use their air hoses, and same excellent quality applies.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1715 posts
943 upvotes
Great hose. Wish HD carried the 100' to price match. I actually prefer the old style grip
Feb 6, 2015
146 posts
74 upvotes
Calgary
I would love one of these fancy hoses... but I found the trick with dealing with cheap hoses. If you can, try to run hot water to the garage or yard.

Before putting away the hose, I always run hot water through it and it softens up the rubber of my crappy $10 hose. I used this hose with no leaks for 4 years. It's kept in a warm garage (ambient heat from the main floor above) throughout the winters.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
12725 posts
6609 upvotes
Southern Ontario
wearysky wrote: I wasn't even aware of "drinking water safe" hoses being a thing - having a quick google, it seems that they mostly focus on being lead/BPA/pthalate free, as opposed to stopping bug/bacteria growth. I guess if you let the water run a bit to get all the standing water out of it before drinking/filling up the RV, you're getting most of the nastiness out of there.
Same never heard of the word "potable" until we first bought a PUP, have upgraded a couple of RV's since.

At home I won't buy/use anything except rubber uses. At the RV, potable hoses are cheap, adverse health effects of using a regular hose aren't immediate. The inconvenience is worse in campgrounds with water hookup, running the line every time before use, to the point people will just end up skipping it.

I camel'd this one for $18:
https://www.amazon.ca/Camco-22793-8-Inc ... r=8-2&th=1

Premium version:
https://www.amazon.ca/Camco-22853-50-Fe ... 20material.
Aug 18, 2016
221 posts
267 upvotes
T3rry wrote: hoses are still used for drinking water, i use this exact hose to fill my RV up with water, as thousands of others do with various hoses... i am sure some are gullible enough to buy in to the "drinking water safe" marketing scam bt i cant imagine how those hoses would be any better at inhibiting bacteria growth or bugs
I made the mistake of filling my RV tank with normal green hose. All i could taste and smell was rubber. I think it has more to do with hose composition than anything else. You can buy 25’ cameo hose off amazon made for drinking water for under $12, so don’t know what scam they would be running. I bought three and just connect if i need more length. Cheaper than buying longer ones and rarely need more than 2 25’ lengths
[OP]
Nov 26, 2016
115 posts
96 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
v3dg666 wrote: Is it possible to price match Home Depot with online purchase?
Says on the HD website that you contact their Customer Service team for price match/beat before buying. It would be easier to do this in store if you're close enough to one though
Oct 11, 2006
304 posts
50 upvotes
I already have a 50' Flexzilla, but really what I prefer is a 100' hose. Does anyone know if I can connect two 50' Flexzilla back-to-back to form a 100' hose? Do I need any special connectors to adjoin the two hoses?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6591 posts
397 upvotes
GT'eh
need4greed wrote: I already have a 50' Flexzilla, but really what I prefer is a 100' hose. Does anyone know if I can connect two 50' Flexzilla back-to-back to form a 100' hose? Do I need any special connectors to adjoin the two hoses?
On the website it says you can connect any 2 hoses flexzilla hoses to increase the length, so in your case 2 X50' hoses should work to form a 100' hose, I've also read that in a few gardening forums before it would & many times works out cheaper than purchasing their 100' hose which is normally $200+
UmarF7302 wrote: What's so good about Flexzilla?
it's lighter than most heavy duty hoses, easier to clean, and doesn't leak. Honestly, you just have to try it out.
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired G@mer & t3<h [0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<hy lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: eBay|1000+ ??? rFD | 300+
Feb 22, 2013
790 posts
617 upvotes
need4greed wrote: I already have a 50' Flexzilla, but really what I prefer is a 100' hose. Does anyone know if I can connect two 50' Flexzilla back-to-back to form a 100' hose? Do I need any special connectors to adjoin the two hoses?

You can connect two 50’ to make one 100’ hose without any special connectors. You will introduce a restriction in the hose as ID is greater than the opening at the connector. I don’t know if this will affect pressure or flow though.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2203 posts
2233 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
kiasu wrote: any recommendation which one?
This is the one I have from US HD.
I believe HD canada also carries rubber hoses but not continental brand.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Continental ... /100676339

I've had the hose for 5 years (stored in garage) and it's like new. Yes it will kink but the kink will not lead to a crack or an permanent crease/kink like the nylon hoses do (basically all the green coloured hoses you see). You can unkink it and it works normally, no permanent damage to the hose.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1851 posts
1291 upvotes
Chewfam wrote: You should put YMMV in the title to warn people that the items are not identical.
HD is a swivel grip and KMS is not. This could potentially be an issue.
janko023 wrote: Amazon looks to have it for less (if you can't be bothered to PM that is...or generally leave your house)

Flexzilla Garden Hose, 1/2 in. x 50', Heavy Duty, Lightweight, Drinking Water Safe - HFZG450YW-TV
As per what I said they are different.

Swivel version vs non-swivel version.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3084 posts
2906 upvotes
Alberta
janko023 wrote: Amazon looks to have it for less (if you can't be bothered to PM that is...or generally leave your house)

Flexzilla Garden Hose, 1/2 in. x 50', Heavy Duty, Lightweight, Drinking Water Safe - HFZG450YW-TV
Thank you! I just got this hose from Warehouse Deals for $40. I need a new hose for down at my RV, so I'll bring one of the ones I use at home down and replace it with this nicer Flexilla.