[Home Depot] Flexzilla 50' Hose $53.95 after PM

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2020 4:11 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2011
1737 posts
606 upvotes
GTA
djpr wrote: Not the same as flexzilla. I've had costco hoses for years and always had problems. Bought a flexzilla hose this year and it's exceptional. Best hose in the market.
as you read this thread, seems does not matter which brand you get, they have some issues more or less , at least with costco one, you can always return it if something goes south.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2004
3080 posts
450 upvotes
North Etobicoke
604ray wrote: Been on sale via KMS Tools for a while, totally forgot HD would knock 10% off the price beyond matching. Haven't seen a sale expiry date yet and it's been about 2-3 weeks so far when I noticed on sale.

This is my 2nd Flexzilla (now I have 1 in front and 1 in back), love it! Never kinks, durable, flexible and light. I live 5 minutes from the Burnaby HD vs a 20+ minute drive to Coquitlam KMS Tools, plus the extra $6 savings. I was actually just looking to avoid the drive and get a simple 1:1 price match, totally forgot they would beat it!

Home Depot carries: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/flexzi ... 1001098702 at $61.98

Show the KMS Tool ad (in deal URL) to the HD cashier and they will knock 10% ($6) off the $59.95, $60.43 with BC taxes included.
Point out that the model # HFZG550YW is identical, should be able to match like I did (that's all they really look for if there's a model#). The full model# is different as some pointed out but the cashiers don't usually care unless you act like an ass or get someone who's a stickler. I was prepared to explain that HD added on extra numbers to the end, CA usually means Canadian etc, 20 for the year but the cashier saw the first part matched and just okayed it.

Seems like a good deal to me?
Are you talking about the Flexzilla hose......
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1700 posts
857 upvotes
amiratish wrote: as you read this thread, seems does not matter which brand you get, they have some issues more or less , at least with costco one, you can always return it if something goes south.
I guess we can agree to disagree. For me and many others, flexzilla is the best hose we've ever had. It's light, doesn't coil and is has no issues with being stepped or being pulled against bricks.

But to be honest it's a hose. If a dollar store one works for you, all the best.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
1414 posts
82 upvotes
UmarF7302 wrote: What's so good about Flexzilla?
It resists kinking and "untwists" naturally and is soft when unpressurized with water. I have one which outlasted two other hoses so the last time I had to replace the front yard hose I bought another. I keep it outdoors in the winter and has never given me a problem. It's like what a Dewalt was from yesteryear. Its a prosumer product that you buy once and never dies.
[OP]
Nov 26, 2016
115 posts
96 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
djpr wrote: I guess we can agree to disagree. For me and many others, flexzilla is the best hose we've ever had. It's light, doesn't coil and is has no issues with being stepped or being pulled against bricks.

But to be honest it's a hose. If a dollar store one works for you, all the best.
Yeah, I use both my hoses with wheel carts. Flexzilla has been the best compared to the regular green/gray hoses of other brands. With those other ones, occasionally I'd have to unwind the wheel to twist or unkink a portion of the hose that had compacted and not allowing pressure out. Never had to worry about Flexzilla doing that and it's held up for gardening and awesome using quick connects for my pressure washer when I need.
Sep 26, 2008
60 posts
14 upvotes
Airdrie AB
Having bought a flexzilla hose I would agree it’s the best. Last time I was at KMS I saw the magnum line so I bought one.
Cheaper and very comparable to the flexzilla!
I see they have a new serpent line too now which has the same description just a bit more $.

https://m.kmstools.com/magnum-industria ... ose-171368
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
7889 posts
1050 upvotes
TO
i need to replace hose in garden as it gets kinks all over the place, they're the older style green color ones. Will check at my local store to see if these are in stock.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2007
1474 posts
24 upvotes
Scarborough
Thanks OP PM with amazon and got it from Home Depot for $51 thanks!!! already own one, and its really good! Bought two more
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4813 posts
3154 upvotes
wearysky wrote: We did it all the time as kids back in the 80s and never got sick, that I remember. In retrospect, I imagine that hoses with standing water in them would become an absolute NIGHTMARE breeding ground for bacteria (and insects!).
Haaaa the good ol' days! Drinking water directly from the hose, no bike helmet, playing on a hand made raft in the swamp without a life saving jacket, while all kind if bugs were biting us... Flushed FaceGrinning Face
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
19159 posts
3796 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
I got this hose at HD. Be aware that it's not compatible with some hose reel designs. Those 'swivel grip' ends are huge, and may not spool onto the hose reel spindle, depending on the connection design.
604ray wrote: Yeah, I use both my hoses with wheel carts. Flexzilla has been the best compared to the regular green/gray hoses of other brands. With those other ones, occasionally I'd have to unwind the wheel to twist or unkink a portion of the hose that had compacted and not allowing pressure out. Never had to worry about Flexzilla doing that and it's held up for gardening and awesome using quick connects for my pressure washer when I need.
Which cart do you find works best with FlexZilla?
- Casual Gastronomist -
Mar 2, 2004
572 posts
60 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks OP, picked these up from homedepot, feels very good quality and light weight. And it's made in Taiwan, feels good.