Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Flexzilla 50' Hose $53.95 after PM

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2020 4:11 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2001
6043 posts
1416 upvotes
rural ontario
ES_Revenge wrote: LOL so they look great on the shelf/in the packaging? That's good to know since I have a new one in my basement too, guess I will just leave it there in the package :D

Don't reels usually have a leader hose? Wouldn't that help, or maybe getting a longer leader? But anyway you cut it already which probably voids the warranty but hey at least it works--plus there's lots of testimonials from contractors using these and having them last years so don't think you really need to worry about the warranty anyway.
I guess a tight spot that is not used often would be good. Definitely does not like a concrete garage floor.

Attaching the flexzilla to the outlet on the reel with the plastic end piece makes it fold flat when not pressurized because it sticks out so much.

Example: see this reel Image
The attachment on the reel itself is the issue.
72 69 6c 6c 65 73
[OP]
Nov 26, 2016
273 posts
179 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
You're right, on the new hose it doesn't curl around the reel so well because of that swivel sleeve. However, on my Ames hose reel it I just left it and it seems to be okay because the hose is so flexible. I might cut off that swivel sleeve where it attaches to the reel later but it seems to be okay for now.

If you leave the swivel plastic piece on, just don't curl it that tight for the first loop to avoid putting stress on that connector coming out from the reel.

rilles wrote: I guess a tight spot that is not used often would be good. Definitely does not like a concrete garage floor.

Attaching the flexzilla to the outlet on the reel with the plastic end piece makes it fold flat when not pressurized because it sticks out so much.

Example: see this reel Image
The attachment on the reel itself is the issue.
May 13, 2009
405 posts
545 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
vinnie1990 wrote: Look at the hose repair connectors. I bought one for like 11 bucks. You cut it at both ends between the tear and then reconnect it. I've done this to my rubber hose and it's been 2 winters and no issues
I tried buying the repair tape and it was a fail. There were too many cuts to tape up and it bubbled up and leaked in one of the deeper cuts. Don't buy the tape (https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/perm ... p.html#srp) if you have multiple cuts :( Do you have a link? I found this online: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/orbit- ... 1000121261
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
11432 posts
4855 upvotes
Picked one up at HD. When people say it never kinks, this thing was kinking like crazy wrapping it around a cart. WTF was I doing wrong.
BTW, better to buy at CT since they offer an exchange lifetime warranty instore.

WIll have to ship it out to them if bought from HD.

Edit: Found the answer, when it's empty it kinks but not when pressurized...Duh.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2870 posts
2236 upvotes
Mississauga
juniorkid wrote: I tried buying the repair tape and it was a fail. There were too many cuts to tape up and it bubbled up and leaked in one of the deeper cuts. Don't buy the tape (https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/perm ... p.html#srp) if you have multiple cuts :( Do you have a link? I found this online: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/orbit- ... 1000121261
Ya don't use the tape. I use this from Lowes. You need to cut between both ends and reattach. It's really solid (but does add some weight). There's also a more plastic and lighter one from gardena... But I opted for the heftier metal one in the link below.

https://www.lowes.ca/product/garden-hos ... air-736157
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15493 posts
10158 upvotes
Southern Ontario
vinnie1990 wrote: Ya don't use the tape. I use this from Lowes. You need to cut between both ends and reattach. It's really solid (but does add some weight). There's also a more plastic and lighter one from gardena... But I opted for the heftier metal one in the link below.

https://www.lowes.ca/product/garden-hos ... air-736157
+1

I used exactly one of these, cut out the bad part, it’s lasted years completely dry.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/garden ... 1000418452
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2007
1817 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
What’s a good hose reel for the garage for car washes or backyard? And nozzle?
Aug 10, 2010
455 posts
250 upvotes
50 ft is too short, would you recommend just buying the 100 ft or buying two 50 ft with the swivel grip and connect the two? (is it possible to connect the two easily?)

More concerned about longevity than price. Thanks.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
11432 posts
4855 upvotes
t-dot. wrote: 50 ft is too short, would you recommend just buying the 100 ft or buying two 50 ft with the swivel grip and connect the two? (is it possible to connect the two easily?)

More concerned about longevity than price. Thanks.
So why don't you just by a 100 foot for $112 at Amazon, works out cheaper than 2 of the 50 foot and buying connectors.
Aug 10, 2010
455 posts
250 upvotes
bobcat99 wrote: So why don't you just by a 100 foot for $112 at Amazon, works out cheaper than 2 of the 50 foot and buying connectors.
The 100 ft with swivel grip is $167 on Amazon, which seems everyone is recommending going with the swivel grip. The $112 I believe is the non swivel grip version.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3933 posts
6298 upvotes
Langley, BC
Gellar wrote: I had the grey Aqua Joe flex jacket and it nearly flooded my garage when it burst. I had the 100’ version because they were sold out of the 50’ so i had it partially coiled up and it couldn’t take it. Fortunately i was home and caught it before any issues occurred.

I rolled it up, returned it to Home Depot, and walked out with two 50’ flexzillas instead! I’m a little too lazy to try to PM now but this is a pretty good deal. I think the hoses are definitely worth it.

For those looking at the expanding type hoses vs. This one, the flexzillas is better in a lot of ways, they will last longer, wont burst, and are better if you’re laying them out to use with a sprinkler since they wont retract. However, i still do have an expanding one because they’re so light and small, that my kids and wife like to use it to water the plants or just play with water so it is great for that.

All that being said i think the hoses are highly recommendable!
I bought the orange 75’ “contractor” aqua joe hose. I’m now thinking of returning it for this flexzilla.

I use it to connect to my tankless hot water in my basement t to fill the kids pool. Would be BAD if it exploded like yours.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
8088 posts
6681 upvotes
Ottawa
Flexzilla is definitely the best hose out there but I have had issues with one we have that is hung in a shaded area all summer. Unfortunately, the hose's jacket develops black spots (a form of mold) that just will not come out. Another Flexzilla we have is hung in a dryer area and it looks brand new. Apart from that one issue, Flexzilla is near perfect. I agree that a good quality rubber hose will last forever and be immune from permanent kinking (like Flexzilla) but they are very heavy when you get to 50' and longer.
Sep 22, 2017
54 posts
66 upvotes
Thanks OP! Just ordered mine for pick up. I was cursing my current hose last night as it coils like a bastard and kinks where it was wrapped after manufacturing.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)