296 upvotes

[Home Depot] Free Home Improvement Workshops weekly

Lots of things to learn here https://www.homedepot.ca/workshops in-store
10 replies
Jun 15, 2010
366 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks, OP! I accidentally signed up for a workshop in the wrong location, but I couldn't find how to cancel an appointment. Does anyone have any idea?
Oct 19, 2018
14 posts
6 upvotes
GTA
Are they actually useful? Will I learn more in the hour than I would from watching a few YouTube videos?
Feb 26, 2008
681 posts
621 upvotes
Surrey
MikeL56964 wrote: Are they actually useful? Will I learn more in the hour than I would from watching a few YouTube videos?
That depends on your learning style. I can get by watching youtube videos but it can't replace when people show you in person. For renos and such, I would rather attend the seminar than rely on youtube alone. If you have any questions or are unsure of certain steps in the process you can get your questions answered right there.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
1682 posts
1230 upvotes
Montreal
You can also get your hands on stuff so it's a bit more real then 2D videos...
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11829 posts
3166 upvotes
GTA
I support this post ( plus liked it) but this has been going on forever.

I went to one about 10yrs ago for installing hardwood. There were a couple of women there, one being quite attractive with a low cut blouse. They were the type to ask ( dumb) questions just for the sake of asking questions and were wasting everyone's time. The middle-aged guy that was running it was totally fixated on the mammary show and nothing was getting done. Myself and another dude just decided to leave. Nothing against HD or indeed the guy doing it but the two women wrecked it for everyone.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1383 posts
936 upvotes
Toronto
qrich4three wrote: Thanks, OP! I accidentally signed up for a workshop in the wrong location, but I couldn't find how to cancel an appointment. Does anyone have any idea?
Try calling their Customer Care Team at 1-800-628-0525
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Aug 21, 2011
953 posts
641 upvotes
Whitby
Whitby North has been doing an in-depth basement renovation workshop attacking one topic at a time since early February. It was 2 hour sessions & very helpful even if you don't plan on doing it yourself you have some knowledge to talk to your contractor. I was told it was specific to my location, as other locations just cover the topic at the surface level in one hour session. In order to register at this location, you have to call-in or go in person but it's kind of too late to the party unless you are interested only in the remaining sessions.

But I never really thought it would warrant a post under Hot Deals section
IMG_20200119_125547.jpg
Last edited by abshahul on Feb 24th, 2020 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koodo Mobile | Stack | Lyft | Instagram
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11829 posts
3166 upvotes
GTA
qrich4three wrote: Thanks, OP! I accidentally signed up for a workshop in the wrong location, but I couldn't find how to cancel an appointment. Does anyone have any idea?
Call the store and ask them to take your name off the list. Or just don't show up, but space may be limited and you could have booked a place that someone would like.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3450 posts
2561 upvotes
Ottawa
I don't get the "Hot Deal" of this post either. There are always workshops at HD at various times during the year and each store has different workshops available. It's better to attend the workshops than watching YT - learned to do hardwood and tiling about 20 years ago before YT was popular or available with quality content.

I think this post should be in the Home & Garden discussion forum.