Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Free Ridgid 2AH Starter Kit with Tools of Choice ($149 Value, Partial $ Included) IN STORE ONLY

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2020 11:05 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
1051 posts
256 upvotes
Vancouver
tunda11 wrote: Anyone else have an issue with the sheet sander not getting the discount?
It didn't work for me while other items scanned no problem.

I had to get a customer service manager to do a manual adjustment.

Luckily, she did it correctly for partial refund values and not $0.01 for the extra battery.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2712 posts
727 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
yeah. something isn't correct I just grabbed this and it's confusing. I'm used to seeing the tool and battery kit refund values separated.

edit. went back in and the sander isn't working for the promo. they did a full credit for both sander and battery kit. then did a repurch discounting each item separately. 99 - 49 for the sander and 149 - 100 for the battery kit. not sure that works in my favour lol

hd.jpg
Last edited by crashxxx on Aug 2nd, 2020 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saving money on things I don't need since 2009. thanks RFD

Woodstock, ON
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
5817 posts
3159 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
I grabbed the new charging radio at Burlington Home Depot this afternoon and it rang up at $148, however it did not apply the free battery kit automatically. It was marked down to .01 by a CSR however I was really after a battery return to cut the cost down. Unless I can find a way to sell the battery kit for $70-75 as I was expecting from the return I’ll be stuck returning it. I wanted a new jobsite radio with charger but was only comfortable at the $75 price point after return. Super disappointed with that outcome.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5639 posts
645 upvotes
Toronto
crashxxx wrote: yeah. something isn't correct I just grabbed this and it's confusing. I'm used to seeing the tool and battery kit refund values separated.

edit. went back in and the sander isn't working for the promo. they did a full credit for both sander and battery kit. then did a repurch discounting each item separately. 99 - 49 for the sander and 149 - 100 for the battery kit. not sure that works in my favour lol

Screenshot_20200801-162702~2.png
technically if you are refunding the battery, it's bad for you. Sander 39.52 and Battery 59.48 (original way)... Your way $50 (sander)... $50 battery. So if you refund the sander... could have the battery kit for $50...
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15131 upvotes
ChicoQuente wrote: I grabbed the new charging radio at Burlington Home Depot this afternoon and it rang up at $148, however it did not apply the free battery kit automatically. It was marked down to .01 by a CSR however I was really after a battery return to cut the cost down. Unless I can find a way to sell the battery kit for $70-75 as I was expecting from the return I’ll be stuck returning it. I wanted a new jobsite radio with charger but was only comfortable at the $75 price point after return. Super disappointed with that outcome.
You got the $268 jobsite radio for $148 with the battery kit? In that case I'd just be happy as even with return hack on the reg. price, that will be $172 after you return the battery kit. So you got it cheaper than that and got the battery kit. If anything you'll have to sell the battery kit if you want even cheaper but kijiji is also probably flooded with these too as I don't think everyone knows about the return trick/hack.

BTW how is that radio? As I mentioned before the $268 reg price seems insane, but reviews are so-so--what do you think of it?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
5817 posts
3159 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
ES_Revenge wrote: You got the $268 jobsite radio for $148 with the battery kit? In that case I'd just be happy as even with return hack on the reg. price, that will be $172 after you return the battery kit. So you got it cheaper than that and got the battery kit. If anything you'll have to sell the battery kit if you want even cheaper but kijiji is also probably flooded with these too as I don't think everyone knows about the return trick/hack.

BTW how is that radio? As I mentioned before the $268 reg price seems insane, but reviews are so-so--what do you think of it?
I’ll have to get back to you. Just managed to sell the battery kit for $85 so did alright. I had an older radio from about 5-6 years ago which I have always liked however the idea of 1 less charger I need was highly appealing. I’m selling my old one for $55 (I underpriced it as I have been flooded with responses) with pickup tomorrow. It’ll basically be about $20 out of pocket for me to upgrade radios. Honestly I would have stuck with my old one until the day it died if I could not have upgraded for less than $30 out of pocket. It ended up working out for me as I sold the kit in less than 3 hours. So far I’m happy but I’ve used it for just a few minutes to test it out. While I do like the fact I can control with my phone I’ll definitely still miss the IR remote from my old model as it’s much quicker to use than pulling out my phone, unlocking it and then controlling. However it’s worth the loss to me to gain the charger.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15131 upvotes
ChicoQuente wrote: I’ll have to get back to you. Just managed to sell the battery kit for $85 so did alright. I had an older radio from about 5-6 years ago which I have always liked however the idea of 1 less charger I need was highly appealing. I’m selling my old one for $55 (I underpriced it as I have been flooded with responses) with pickup tomorrow. It’ll basically be about $20 out of pocket for me to upgrade radios. Honestly I would have stuck with my old one until the day it died if I could not have upgraded for less than $30 out of pocket. It ended up working out for me as I sold the kit in less than 3 hours. So far I’m happy but I’ve used it for just a few minutes to test it out. While I do like the fact I can control with my phone I’ll definitely still miss the IR remote from my old model as it’s much quicker to use than pulling out my phone, unlocking it and then controlling. However it’s worth the loss to me to gain the charger.
Wow nice deal! Crazy that you sold the battery kit for $85 given you can get the kit at minimum here for $60 + tax (by buying the sheet sander and returning it) which is less significantly less than $85, plus they'd have the receipt which means LSA. Well I mean good for you, not so much for the buyer haha.

In fact if it's easily sold for $85, that means it's better to keep it in every deal where the max value is less than $75. I mean if you get the sander, for example and going the other way, that means you'd net it for $25 pre-tax selling the battery kit instead of returning!
Apr 24, 2009
262 posts
318 upvotes
Ontario
tungx2 wrote: It didn't work for me while other items scanned no problem.

I had to get a customer service manager to do a manual adjustment.

Luckily, she did it correctly for partial refund values and not $0.01 for the extra battery.
R86064B - 1001414185 - RIDGID 18V OCTANE Cordless Brushless 3-Speed 1/4 Sheet Sander
Cashier couldn't get free $149 battery promotion to register for Ridgid Sander bare tool $99 value. Called tool dept guy--very helpful, verified bare tool cordless sander was part of promotion. Cashier got nervous, got manager in, got nervous. Tool dept guy verified SKU on website was correct. Wasted over 20 mins at cashier with manager just because the SKU wasn't in their binder. Told them I could order online and pick up in store, got their attention and manager authorized discount. Home Depot HQ has got to get their act together, wasting cashier, manager, tool dept personnel and customer time.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
1051 posts
256 upvotes
Vancouver
DoubleDouble wrote: R86064B - 1001414185 - RIDGID 18V OCTANE Cordless Brushless 3-Speed 1/4 Sheet Sander
Cashier couldn't get free $149 battery promotion to register for Ridgid Sander bare tool $99 value. Called tool dept guy--very helpful, verified bare tool cordless sander was part of promotion. Cashier got nervous, got manager in, got nervous. Tool dept guy verified SKU on website was correct. Wasted over 20 mins at cashier with manager just because the SKU wasn't in their binder. Told them I could order online and pick up in store, got their attention and manager authorized discount. Home Depot HQ has got to get their act together, wasting cashier, manager, tool dept personnel and customer time.
The cashier was the least helpful.

I was at the cashier, scanned the sander and the free battery kit.

It didn't work and i showed the cashier the promotion online and it works on Home Depot website.

She just made up an excuse that it's an online only item.

I said what do I have in my hand? The item is available in store and I have it physically here. Why can't you apply the promotion?

She said on there's no option to pick up in store blah blah blah.

I said but the promotion applies to the sander and it works online.

She suggested me to order online in order to get the promotion and pick up in store. They don't have the coupon to scan to do the promotion anymore.

I said well you can still manually adjust it right here.

She said she can't.

I didn't argue with her and went straight to customer service. Another dude is just as clueless as the cashier, told me to go to the cashier to purchase there.

I explained it doesn't work over there and need manual adjustment.

Then the supervisor/manager overhead our conversation and said "oh no, the coupons don't work again, wait, let me figure this out for you"

After 5 minutes of her running around trying to find a scannable coupon (which is not available), she just did the manual adjustment for me.

So the first tier of customer is usually garbage... just saying.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
5817 posts
3159 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
ES_Revenge wrote: Wow nice deal! Crazy that you sold the battery kit for $85 given you can get the kit at minimum here for $60 + tax (by buying the sheet sander and returning it) which is less significantly less than $85, plus they'd have the receipt which means LSA. Well I mean good for you, not so much for the buyer haha.

In fact if it's easily sold for $85, that means it's better to keep it in every deal where the max value is less than $75. I mean if you get the sander, for example and going the other way, that means you'd net it for $25 pre-tax selling the battery kit instead of returning!
I absolutely think I got lucky with how quick it sold and the return I got on it. I was fishing by posting for $90 knowing (expecting) to be offered much below. Got an offer for $80 delivered to someone 15 minutes away. I countered with $85 and they took it. I wouldn’t anticipate getting that lucky again. I’m typically someone that likes the safe play and definitely would have preferred the battery return trick but I can’t deny this worked in my favour this time. Now if only I had priced my old radio $10-20 higher I’d be getting this upgrade close to an out of pocket cost of $0, just a little time investment. I figured my old radio would be a tougher sell but my wife has had her Facebook messenger blow up with all the responses. I definitely made a mistake there.
Apr 24, 2009
262 posts
318 upvotes
Ontario
tungx2 wrote: The cashier was the least helpful......

Then the supervisor/manager overhead our conversation and said "oh no, the coupons don't work again, wait, let me figure this out for you"

After 5 minutes of her running around trying to find a scannable coupon (which is not available), she just did the manual adjustment for me.

So the first tier of customer is usually garbage... just saying.
I agree. Tool dept guy should be promoted to store manager. He verified SKU by going to website and noted available in-store as well. Also, told cashier and store manager that SKUs were correct and likely binder wasn't updated. Could see he was trying to be helpful.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3220 posts
1192 upvotes
Lévis
DoubleDouble wrote: R86064B - 1001414185 - RIDGID 18V OCTANE Cordless Brushless 3-Speed 1/4 Sheet Sander
Yeah I hear you. Here in Québec city area it can be a bad experience to shop at HD. Guess they'll blame the covid...
Pourquoi pas?
Jun 22, 2001
216 posts
106 upvotes
I just picked up the impact wrench and multi tool. They are both my first ridgid tools. I probably will never use both at once. Should I return the extra battery pack and charger? Then wait for a deal for a bigger battery? What do you guys recommend?
Dec 10, 2003
157 posts
205 upvotes
owned wrote: I just picked up the impact wrench and multi tool. They are both my first ridgid tools. I probably will never use both at once. Should I return the extra battery pack and charger? Then wait for a deal for a bigger battery? What do you guys recommend?
Exact same situation here w same purchases. I’m torn between having two batteries under lifetime warranty (not normally offered on individual battery purchases) and also realize will likely never need two fully charged batteries. I will probably return one...?
Oct 22, 2005
900 posts
427 upvotes
Toronto
cncpun wrote:
Exact same situation here w same purchases. I’m torn between having two batteries under lifetime warranty (not normally offered on individual battery purchases) and also realize will likely never need two fully charged batteries. I will probably return one...?
I have quite few Ridgid tools now as well as Ryobi... I bought my first Ridgid tools during the last months sale... I too thought I may never need the extra batteries but my needs quickly changed and had a bunch of projects around the house which required additonal tools ...so I really appreciate extra batteries and the fast 110w charger they come with are much better then the standard 60w charger the tools normally come with in combos.
Oct 7, 2019
4 posts
I need an impact wrench. Should I go for the $189 mid torque one or the $298 high torque one?
Im trying to drive these 3 inch screws into the sidewalk and my regular gen5x impact driver can't drive it more than 80% in. I borrowed a Hilti rotary hammer drill to do the hole so its definitely deep enough. Went through like a hot knife through butter. So I need an impact wrench. Should I just spend the extra $100 for the high torque one? I really don't want to deal with returns.
Jun 22, 2001
216 posts
106 upvotes
pendragon wrote: I have quite few Ridgid tools now as well as Ryobi... I bought my first Ridgid tools during the last months sale... I too thought I may never need the extra batteries but my needs quickly changed and had a bunch of projects around the house which required additonal tools ...so I really appreciate extra batteries and the fast 110w charger they come with are much better then the standard 60w charger the tools normally come with in combos.
My thinking is that the tools I buy in the future may require bigger batteries to function more than a couple minutes. So I'll need to get a bigger battery and having 2 small ones won't be as helpful as 1 small and 1 big. Downside is that the big one will probably not be covered by the lifetime warranty.

I'm also assuming the bigger battery in the future will work on this fast charger kit.
Oct 22, 2005
900 posts
427 upvotes
Toronto
owned wrote: My thinking is that the tools I buy in the future may require bigger batteries to function more than a couple minutes. So I'll need to get a bigger battery and having 2 small ones won't be as helpful as 1 small and 1 big. Downside is that the big one will probably not be covered by the lifetime warranty.

I'm also assuming the bigger battery in the future will work on this fast charger kit.
all of the larger batteries will work on the fast charger with no issues... it depends on your needs and what type of tool you are using them in and how much energy they are drawing...I've got the panel lights the ridgid shop fan and they last long on those... I have been putting the 2ah batteries through the ringer using my 3/8" Subcompact impact and that little beast performs amazingly well even with the 2ah batteries... larger batteries are always welcome if included free :) however when buying them they can add up quick $ wise lol