Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Free Ridgid 2AH Starter Kit with Tools of Choice ($149 Value, Partial $ Included) IN STORE ONLY

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2020 11:05 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15131 upvotes
Yassss! Knew there was gonna be Ridgid deals this month! :) Glad I didn't register my LSA on my subcompact 'cause this is even better deal! Gonna grab this return the other one I guess? I feel bad about returning something I used a couple times though but I guess the serial# is on the receipt so I can't just return the new one with the old receipt, right? Maybe I can go in-store and tell them I'm returning it 'cause the battery deal and just re-buy the same one? I mean it's totally like-new and all but he's like my buddy now, don't want to trade him for another one :lol:

Also no hammer drill in this? Disappointing since the R8611506 is badass hammer drill but looks like they don't even sell this in Canada anyway :(

They have the sheet sander in this but no orbit sander, kinda sucks too. Should I get the sheet sander?

The jobsite radio, not that I'd buy it anyway, but I wanna say this was $80 on sale before, without any return trick, no? The new charging radio seems cool but wow--way too expensive even with the return trick. How good is that thing to warrant that kind of price? I mean it better be good, right?
Last edited by ES_Revenge on Jul 30th, 2020 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 27, 2009
673 posts
447 upvotes
Hamilton
Benito18 wrote: I know in the previous post someone mentioned to do an online pick up order and ask to charge a different credit card (return and repurchase) on the spot. Do we know if this works for partial return?
Can you explain return and repurchase, what is the point of repurchase?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15131 upvotes
stimy wrote: Can you explain return and repurchase, what is the point of repurchase?
Allows a roundabout method of doing return trick on an online order.
Feb 11, 2012
134 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
stimy wrote: Can you explain return and repurchase, what is the point of repurchase?
To get a reciept with value on the items - if you purchase online these are valued at $0
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1477 posts
2047 upvotes
Waterloo Region
Damn! Do you work for RFD? Your OP meets should be like a field manual for "How to post on RFD".
Upvoted just for the effort. The deals is great btw
Last edited by Gangsta101 on Jul 30th, 2020 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3093 posts
3464 upvotes
Montreal
Added R8694221B - 1001011803 - RIDGID Hybrid GEN5X Cordless Folding Panel Light to the deal list.
<no self promotion>
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7635 posts
1578 upvotes
Toronto
ES_Revenge wrote: Yassss! Knew there was gonna be Ridgid deals this month! :) Glad I didn't register my LSA on my subcompact 'cause this is even better deal! Gonna grab this return the other one I guess? I feel bad about returning something I used a couple times though but I guess the serial# is on the receipt so I can't just return the new one with the old receipt, right? Maybe I can go in-store and tell them I'm returning it 'cause the battery deal and just re-buy the same one? I mean it's totally like-new and all but he's like my buddy now, don't want to trade him for another one :lol:

Also no hammer drill in this? Disappointing since the R8611506 is badass hammer drill but looks like they don't even sell this in Canada anyway :(

They have the sheet sander in this but no orbit sander, kinda sucks too. Should I get the sheet sander?

The jobsite radio, not that I'd buy it anyway, but I wanna say this was $80 on sale before, without any return trick, no? The new charging radio seems cool but wow--way too expensive even with the return trick. How good is that thing to warrant that kind of price? I mean it better be good, right?
The serial numbers of the tools are not on the receipt, so you can return the new one.
Last edited by Inno on Jul 30th, 2020 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 29, 2006
917 posts
632 upvotes
Hardshank wrote: If you see yourself doing lots of renno, the multi tool is worth considering. I love cutting drywall with them, and might pick one up just for that. I've seen a cutter that's perfectly sized to cut out single gang recepticals in one shot.
Do you have a link for that by any chance?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3093 posts
3464 upvotes
Montreal
The Ridgid 18V Octane High Torque Impact 1/2 is part of the promo but no stock anywhere nor online (available only in the US as of now) but it might come soon! Added to the list.
Last edited by SquadG on Jul 30th, 2020 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
<no self promotion>
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
5973 posts
5839 upvotes
BC
Does anyone have experience with the jigsaw? I'm curious how loud it is. I have a black and decker model that I use as a percussion massager and it works great but is on the noisy side.
Aug 20, 2019
75 posts
166 upvotes
philharmonic wrote: Do you have a link for that by any chance?
This one came up in a quick search, but there are others. Found some double gang ones too. Not sure about triple gang though. They're not exactly cheap, but if you're cutting boxes from time to time, could be a good investment in time savings and drywall repairs.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B074ZHT4Z4/ref ... iFb8ESD198
Jun 3, 2013
719 posts
1035 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Made my purchase, dropped the impact in the truck, returned the battery pack instantly.

Numbers were bang on. Got the 1/2 impact for $119.41 (return and taxes in). I actually got the slightly newer Octane series instead of the Gen5X. They are the same model number in store, though the website only shows the Gen5X.

Now I have to debate returning my 3/8 impact that it got with the drill/driver deal earlier in the week.
Last edited by Seagull21 on Jul 30th, 2020 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
2004 posts
1151 upvotes
Buy the light and the tool you want, return the light from that kit and the battery from the tool kit, battery + tool at cheapest cost haha. RFD max.
Jun 4, 2007
978 posts
373 upvotes
Hi. Thanks for the great post OP. I'm looking to buy an impact wrench to use for the seasonal wheel changes. My 2 cars are rated at 90 and 100 ft-lbs. Will the Sub-Compact one suffice or should I opt for the 6-Mode. TIA.
Jun 3, 2013
719 posts
1035 upvotes
Toronto
mfrania wrote: Hi. Thanks for the great post OP. I'm looking to buy an impact wrench to use for the seasonal wheel changes. My 2 cars are rated at 90 and 100 ft-lbs. Will the Sub-Compact one suffice or should I opt for the 6-Mode. TIA.
I’ve got both. The 3/8th will take the 150ftlbs nuts off my truck. You’re fine with it. It’s much smaller and lighter than the 1/2.
May 18, 2005
607 posts
113 upvotes
Do we get lifetime warranty on this? Thanks.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3093 posts
3464 upvotes
Montreal
vv12 wrote: Do we get lifetime warranty on this? Thanks.
Yes. All tools and batteries does in this promotion.
<no self promotion>
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3093 posts
3464 upvotes
Montreal
mfrania wrote: Hi. Thanks for the great post OP. I'm looking to buy an impact wrench to use for the seasonal wheel changes. My 2 cars are rated at 90 and 100 ft-lbs. Will the Sub-Compact one suffice or should I opt for the 6-Mode. TIA.
Both will work so get the cheaper one. Just remember you will need an adapter 3/8 to 1/2 or a 3/8 socket for your lug that is impact rated.
<no self promotion>